PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some cars I remember on the road had only three forward gears - standard/manual.

That was the default system in the 50s and 60s. It worked fine.

What a classic, there! about 1938-39?

1934-1937. Chrysler Airflow. First car to use streamlining to cut air resistance. It was a marketing failure, a design too advanced for its time.

Reactions: farouk

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1955/56 Chevrolet?
OIP.s3P270W7Qo-THsRpQEfR6AHaFj

This is the 1956. My mother's very first brand new car was just like this, except that it was 4 door.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first car was a 56 like that, but a four-door, and green.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first car was a 56 like that, but a four-door, and green.
My own first car was a very old Ford stationwagon that always expelled a huge cloud of black smoke from the exhaust when I started it. Once it was running it ran fine without smoke. A police officer saw what happened when I started it and warned me once to get it fixed or off the road I had a mechanic friend look at it for me. He said would cost more to fix than the car was worth. It never got fixed. Eventually I have to remove it from the road.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own first car was a very old Ford stationwagon that always expelled a huge cloud of black smoke from the exhaust when I started it. Once it was running it ran fine without smoke. A police officer saw what happened when I started it and warned me once to get it fixed or off the road I had a mechanic friend look at it for me. He said would cost more to fix than the car was worth. It never got fixed. Eventually I have to remove it from the road.

Yes, I've had my share of those, in high school and college.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly, I don't expect God to hang around NZ for too much longer.
I don't think this situation would engender a great deal of enthusiasm in the heavenly realms, nor even in NZ. maybe He might take up residence over the ditch???
NZ PM rushes world's most extreme abortion legislation into law while country distracted with pandemic

Oh, no. Hold your horses Lord. It's worse here in Victoria Australia.... Now I await the mods to move this post to a more appropriate space...

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Wow....just speechless!

Every lightning strike that hits the surface of the earth, has a return bolt from the ground:
UmaAfter the stepped leader and the upward-moving discharge initiate the first violent, luminous discharge near the Earth, "this high luminosity (and the high current) then moves up the leader channel and out its branches at somewhere between one-half and one-tenth the speed of light. This movement from ground to cloud is called the return stroke and is actually the dazzling display we recognize as lightning. The eye is not fast enough to resolve the movement of the return stroke, and so it seems as if all points of the channel become bright simultaneously. "
Lightning Sequence

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most lightning is from one cloud to another, though:
36916351243_77a6a9dbec_b.jpg

Photographing lightning is simple in principle; long shutter speed, on a tripod. The trick is timing. You get about one good image for every 10 exposures.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most lightning is from one cloud to another, though:
36916351243_77a6a9dbec_b.jpg

Photographing lightning is simple in principle; long shutter speed, on a tripod. The trick is timing. You get about one good image for every 10 exposures.
I understand....it's a chain reaction of electrical charges that continues along a path until it finds its end.
My uncle was an electrician who worked for the power company. He got a huge jolt and it started at his arm and came out his foot.
Called a current I suppose.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Current is actually the movement of electrons along a conductor. Your uncle is incredibly lucky, if that was AC. When it takes a path from arm to foot, it often disrupts heart rhythm and causes ventricular fibulation, which is fatal if not quickly treated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Current is actually the movement of electrons along a conductor. Your uncle is incredibly lucky, if that was AC. When it takes a path from arm to foot, it often disrupts heart rhythm and causes ventricular fibulation, which is fatal if not quickly treated.
His heart did stop but the crew he was working with is trained to perform cpr and use an AED machine....he has a huge chunk of muscle gone in his arm and his heal ball had to be replaced.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that. But he's lucky that his crew was well-trained and acted quickly.

Reactions: Heart2Soul