PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
House, Charleston, SC.
50222612451_41156b050a_b.jpg
Big house for sure.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oddly, I never owned a Minolta. They were good solid cameras with remarkably good lenses. Rokkar lenses were Japanese, like the camera. The story is that the name was purposely "German" to give an image of quality. In the 30s, 40s, and 50s, German cameras and lenses had a well-deserved reputation for quality. Nikon (Nippon Kogaku) supposedly chose that name to sound like Zeiss Ikon of Germany (and there were some copyright issues for a time)

I always wanted an XE-7, but never found a good one at a reasonable price. But then I had been wanting an Olympus Pen F since the 1960s, and found a good one last summer:
49657056417_8879593e90_b.jpg

Olympus has always gone their own way. This is an SLR, using a porroprism, instead of a pentaprism, half frame (72 exposures on a 36-exposure roll) and very tiny, particularly for that era.
I only use Olympus Cameras.
Bought my first one in 1972

Reactions: Yehren

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, specialty reference books are like that. I used to buy a new edition of McKeown's reference on antique and classic cameras every time a new one came out. Just no reason to keep it up now. I used to travel on work, and I'd hit the pawn shops and antique malls and junk shops, but I don't get around as much, now. And I'm running out of room, anyway...
14583288290_2cf1b563bd_b.jpg

14747000636_3582f6b96f_b.jpg

I've got about that many still waiting for restoration/scavenging for parts.
Cool collection!!!!!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed! It was always an educational hobby. My knowledge of geography remains pretty good even today... although I have not kept up with all of the new countries and new country names since cutting back on collecting. For most countries lacking stamps without English words, I can identify most stamps including many oriental ones on sight. The Arabic ones are a bit more difficult, but I have books to help me with identification. Most newer stamps use some English so that postal employees in other countries will be able to read them. Because I still sell I bought a new 6 volume set of world-wide stamp catalogues for collectors [by Scott] for the year 2016. Each volume is about 2 inches thick with pages size 8½" x 11" with color pictures of stamps to help with identification. I probably won't ever buy another full set as they are expensive. Likely in a couple of years when I get into selling U.S. stamps I'll get one volume for the U.S. so I can use the latest values for my pricing. I have tens of thousands of U.S. stamps.

Well enough on stamps, but if anyone has questions, I probably have answers!
I am a stamp collector.
Collecting: Canada, The Netherlands (and Dutch Colonies), the USA.
I buy some stamps monthly.
I started the USA last winter. Done Canada now about 20 years and the Netherlands since I was 15 years old (I am 74).

Another hobby: Motorcycles, I just bought a new BMW 1250RS, own also two Triumphs.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Had to look my old camera up, still wish I had it, got it in 1981 i think, sure it was this one. Konica, got it in Hong Kong first trip with Navy
s-l64.jpg

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only use Olympus Cameras.
Bought my first one in 1972

Mrs. Yehren only uses Olympus. She started with a little point-and-shoot, and just liked the way it was laid out. Never wanted a different brand. As you probably know, Olympus always goes their own way in designing cameras.

Reactions: Triumph1300

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a stamp collector.
Collecting: Canada, The Netherlands (and Dutch Colonies), the USA.
I buy some stamps monthly.
I started the USA last winter. Done Canada now about 20 years and the Netherlands since I was 15 years old (I am 74).

Another hobby: Motorcycles, I just bought a new BMW 1250RS, own also two Triumphs.
A real motorcycle man, huh? Yes, I've seen some of your pictures. I've never been there. I almost bought one once a few years before I met my wife. It did not happen or I might have a different story to tell...

Other than the tiny trickle that comes in out mail I don't gather in any new stamps. For many years I belonged to a local stamp club which met regularly. We had stamps auctions and I got some stamps that way. I also bought some from dealers and my mother, an antique collector for years would watch for stamps at the antique auctions and buy any that she saw. In the 1990's for about 10 years I was trading stamps with more than 50 collectors in other countries. I managed to get a lot of newer issues that way as they mostly wanted the U.S. stamps I could offer in trade. I was still working at my secular job full time and as much overtime as they would give me. The time of very heavy stamp trading overlapped extensively the time that I was backslid from God. I was working 50 hours or better per week on my job plus many hours on stamps. No time for God!!!

When I came back to God lots of things happened, which I won't detail here. I retired early from work in 2000 and when I came back to God in 2002 I drastically reduced my stamp collecting activities. No more trading or buying except through the local stamp club which met once a month. From 20 some members the club numbers dropped gradually until about 2010 when there were only 2 of us left and we disbanded the club. Then I became involved heavily in selling stamps by mail through regional club where I am a lifetime member. That is all I do with that club anymore. I have sold in excess of 10,000 stamps in the last 10 years, but I still have more than 100,000 stamps and many country collections I have not looked at in years. I am wading through them for sales.

I have more than 1,000 all different Canadian stamps and probably a couple of hundred all different early Dutch East Indies [prior it becoming Indonesia] stamps... with thousands of duplicates in both countries. I also have a few hundred different Netherlands stamps. I only work on a country's stamps now when I am getting them ready to sell, and I haven't touched sold any of those lately. They're both on my computer showing that I last worked on the Dutch Indies in 2008 and on Canada in 2013. The last time I worked on the Netherlands I was using a 1998 catalogue so the information on my computer on that country is very sketchy. Eventually I would get to them all, if my death doesn't come first.

I cannot give you even an estimate on my United States collection as I am just now in the process of preparing the worksheets to catalogue them. I am hoping to get it ready to sell some in 2021, but expect the sorting and identification process to take months. In the old days I did this all manually. Now with a computer the counting is faster, but first I have to finish setting up my program. I used to use Excel but now use Planmaker which is compatible with Excel. With countless thousands of U.S. stamps at the little bit of time I now work on it will take months to prepare... but you're interested you can have some of those as well.

If you are interested in receiving any of them gratis contact me by PM. Note that most of my stamps are used.

Reactions: Triumph1300