PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho ... Floods are so nasty... dirty and there is not recovering from water damage.... This is sad...

Thankfully our town was not badly effected, a part from the roads being cut off by flood waters a few towns away for a day, and people struggling to get home from work due to many fallen trees further away.

The banks are high throughout most of our town, but a few houses did get a bit of floodwaters in the lower parts.

Reactions: Tone and APAK

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thankfully our town was not badly effected, a part from the roads being cut off by flood waters a few towns away for a day, and people struggling to get home from work due to many fallen trees further away.

The banks are high throughout most of our town, but a few houses did get a bit of floodwaters in the lower parts.

A bit further downstream though, it's a different story I believe.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A few years ago after the snow melted... the water was really high... Did a lot of property damage... Waterfront property where I live is all up on high ground... but you need RETAINING walls to ensure that erosion does not eat into the yards... that means lots of rocks and stones and if you have lots of money... expensive BRICK walls.... too much water gets under those structures and weakens them... causing tens of thousands of dollars in damage... This year...it's so nice to have a walking path so that we can walk along the beach... It took 2 years to correct itself.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho
Went for drive to charge our phones this morning... Still no power at home... And came across this at the top of Victoria road... It'sView attachment 15576 the Yarra at Yerring.

I saw it was still over 4.5m at Yarra Glen, it's pretty crazy considering that this is usually a shallow river in the Yarra Valley.

Reactions: Brakelite

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit it's pretty crazy, the few people that I have spoken to that have been living here for years, said it was the highest they had ever seen the Yarra.

Yallourn power station was evacuated.