PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, nice!
Got a 20 lb tom turkey a week or so ago:
29595536_1644896648937839_1071591612161505715_n.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, our family left Denmark in 1970 through the Netherlands to come to Australia....Small world :)
My only time in Denmark was definitely in 1970. I drove with a West German student in his little sports car across East Germany to West Germany and then north on the Autobahn to Copenhagen. It was beautiful but we had trouble because my friend was German and the many of the local people remembering too well the WWII occupation of their country still were not very nice to Germans... even though he was obviously too young to have been with the occupying army. When they found out I was an American it was good, but my choice of traveling companions made many of them keep their distance.

I remember that passage through East Germany particularly because we picked up an East German girl out on the road hitchhiking. His little triumph sports car had only two buckets seats so she had to sit in the middle behind the gearshift lever. Hardly had we got into the car when a big German car pulled up along side of us. He warned us not to give the girl a ride as the East German police would not be nice to us about it. We thanked him but gave the girl a ride anyway. We carefully had her get out several miles before we came to the border crossing into West Germany. She was a beautiful blonde girl, but I wonder if I would have given her a ride if I were alone. I had some bad experiences at border crossings during that year. I was not then a practicing Christian.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For that you would have to travel south from A'dam, through Belgium to France. I didn't know the tunnel was there in 1970?
Sorry but I remember few of the details of that journey other than my personal misery. The Polish train had ice an inch thick on the inside of the windows when I climbed aboard at the West Berlin station. There was no heat at all in the train, but the outside- and inside temperature was below freezing. I kept my winter coat on but that did not prevent me was getting bronchitis long before the end of the road. The West Berliners and West Germans generally at the time would not ride Polish or East German trains so I froze nearly myself for the entire trip.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Near Empress (Alberta) on the border with Saskatchewan. We spend about 2 hours in Empress, there are a few people there, but it's mostly a ghost town. A native lady is running a neat coffee shop in a former bank building, we bought lunch. Could not stay longer but I love to go back there and stay 1 week camping, lots of opportunities for photography. Nearby is an art gallery, the owner moved 2 old church buildings on his property, one converted into a workshop, the other a gallery. It's on the treeless prairie, but he planted trees and bushes, very nice in a small valley. I think the art gallery is actually about 5 km into Saskatchewan.Old farm house..jpg

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some more Aussie birds, First two Sophisticated wren, mum and dad, dad has blue tail, they do get a blue head, not sure if he is Juvenile or just not mating, find out in spring, the other is a Rossela, now to find some King Parrots, they around but no car so peddle everywhere,

wren mum 2.jpg

wren dad.jpg

rosella.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a story behind this next one, I suppose God wanted to show Himself to my friend, who has more of a story behind Him than I can share, We where on the Gold Coast working few years ago. And he said it was his birthday on the weekend and he wanted to go shark diving. I though uh oh. No way you getting me in a cage at sea with sharks floating around. Anyway we go to the wharf and there is an aquarium, diving with sharks, So we go in and he asks if there is anything available. We where told not today (saturday) come back tomorrow, so we did.And we get told there are somem supposed to be coming so come back at 11 i think it was so, we did. He said they didnt show up would you like to go, and my mate says yeh, oh but we need two people, Bum. M ate says I have no money, I said its ok God told me to pay for it, so had to pop out t get some money. and well thsi is teh end of teh story.

me dave and snappy after shark dive.jpg

Mate on left me on right

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@mjrhealth Your mate reminds me of Gary Senise...( from Forrest Gump movie :) )

Great photo.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a pic of a friend of nearly forty years. I took the picture of him as he was coming up the stairs of a cabin in TX we were building...it must have been a 'sign.'

He became a Lutheran minister 15 Clint.jpg years later....uncanny eh..