PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

So did Holden build a version of this Triumph?
No. not to my knowledge, although Triumph was known for its innovations and were copied by several manufacturers, for example the all-round independent suspension and the steering was brilliant...turning circle if I remember about 24 feet.

On another note, it was my mum's car. 1200cc engine which was quite lively. I used to race with a friend who had a 1200 cc morris minor. The race was about 12 miles over very hilly and windy road...all metal. Loved the rear wheel drive where could could hang the back end out and go into the corners sideways...such fun.

Reactions: Waiting on him
B

brakelite

No. not to my knowledge, although Triumph was known for its innovations and were copied by several manufacturers, for example the all-round independent suspension and the steering was brilliant...turning circle if I remember about 24 feet.

On another note, it was my mum's car. 1200cc engine which was quite lively. I used to race with a friend who had a 1200 cc morris minor. The race was about 12 miles over very hilly and windy road...all metal. Loved the rear wheel drive where could could hang the back end out and go into the corners sideways...such fun.
Not long after getting my licence mum and I travelled from Napier to Auckland to visit relatives. About a 350 mile 400 klm drive. 3/4 way there on a long fast bend on a Sunday afternoon on main north/south highway in the midst of heavy traffic going both ways, travelling about 50 MPH, the steering jammed. What does one novice driver do when faced with the unexpected? He jams on the brakes. Car spins 360* and finds its way to the opposite side of the road but facing the oncoming traffic. Allows car to continue to roll backwards until off road. Not a scratch on car nor occupants. Just like a good rugby player, hit the gap at the right time. Still remember the look of horror on my mums face as she looks at me while the car is spinning, and asks, "Brendan! What are you doing????" A natural question, and while still spinning, the answer was sent back, "the steering's jammed!!!. " I still thank God today for that escape. BTW, the cause of that near catastrophe was a missing king-pin. Fell out somewhere which rendered the entire system useless. All manner of wardrobe malfunctions have resulted from the lack of an appropriate and strategically placed pin.

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

The Morris Minor was a real classic...

Reactions: brakelite

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it is a magpie. Didn't know they were part of the crow family. I used to play rugby for a team known colloquially as the magpies, its mascot named 'Hawkeye', as the province I played for was Hawkes Bay. (The hawke being the name of a man, not the bird.) We wore black and white hooped jerseys.
otagos-joe-latta-and-hawkes-bays-gareth-evans-contest-a-high-ball-in-picture-id455411664
There is a football (soccer) team in the UK - Newcastle United - nicknamed the Magpies.

B

brakelite

There is a football (soccer) team in the UK - Newcastle United - nicknamed the Magpies.
And an Australian Rules Football side here in Melbourne as well, Collingwood, and in Rugby League, in Sydney, former Sydney Wests were the same. A popular bird for sporting teams...the policemen of the skies.
AFL+Rd+7+Magpies+v+Kangaroos+g_TYLApPHBnx.jpg

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fellow who played for the Dallas Harlequins also played on my soccer team. So I started watching their matches. Tough sport, tougher guys. I really liked that they'd be beating each other up on the field, and then gather for beer together afterwards.

Edit: really like the image. Decisive moment; very hard to catch.

154523507_f141481504_b.jpg

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great photo! if it were a scientist that designed it s/he would get a prize for aerodynamics. (Of course, a lot of scientists don't want to acknowledge the wisdom of the Creator...)

Engineers are beginning to realize that God's system works better than design. Genetic algorithms copy evolutionary processes, and are very effective on problems that are too complex to be effectively handled by traditional methos.
What Is the Genetic Algorithm? - MATLAB & Simulink

Reactions: Pearl

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crows, ravens, jays, and magpies are all in the family Corvidae. The term is from Latin corvus meaning "raven."

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of a good woman is the greatest blessing God can give a man in this world. We are blessed, indeed.

Reactions: jshiii

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of a good woman is the greatest blessing God can give a man in this world. We are blessed, indeed.

No one is good! lol ;) . Thanks Yehren. Let's add one word to what you said though...

The love of a good woman, UNCONDITIONALLY, is the greatest blessing God can give a man in this world. We are blessed, indeed

My wife loves me with the same love of Jesus and can you imagine, even when I sinned against my wife, she forgave me unconditionally. I asked Jesus not for money, not for power, but only to experience how deep his love is for us. He is showing it through my wife for sure. Humbles me.

Last edited: