PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rotfl.gif

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like a magpie (Yehren checks)... It is a magpie, but not the same genus as the one common in Europe and Asia.

Reactions: brakelite

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has that scavenger look... :)

All members of the crow family are remarkably intelligent, but Magpies are supposedly the most intelligent among them.

I've seen a group of crows in Seattle run off seagulls from a pile of spilled food; they took turns eating and threatening the gulls so that they could share among themselves, exclusive access to the find.

Reactions: farouk

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a bird sanctuary, when I suddenly was aware of this egret, high overhead. I had a long lens, and the camera was set to overexposure. I just swung up the lens, snapped a shot, and conditions just happened to be perfect for the presets I had at the time. Serendipity. It's a major factor in great images.

Reactions: amadeus
B

brakelite

Looks like a magpie (Yehren checks)... It is a magpie, but not the same genus as the one common in Europe and Asia.
Yes, it is a magpie. Didn't know they were part of the crow family. I used to play rugby for a team known colloquially as the magpies, its mascot named 'Hawkeye', as the province I played for was Hawkes Bay. (The hawke being the name of a man, not the bird.) We wore black and white hooped jerseys.
otagos-joe-latta-and-hawkes-bays-gareth-evans-contest-a-high-ball-in-picture-id455411664

Reactions: Helen