PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Great photo! you guys Down Under have colourful birds, indeed...
Yes, the numbers and the variety are amazing. BTW, that bird is a king parrot. The were four of them which settled in a small tree next to me and the one close up was within arm's reach.

Reactions: Pearl

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a dark and stormy night...
48954114083_d1a2b05c70_b.jpg

The storm front that spawned several tornadoes and flattened a huge area of north Dallas. We had very heavy rain, but aside from a very short burst of small hail, no problems.

B

brakelite

It was a dark and stormy night...
48954114083_d1a2b05c70_b.jpg

The storm front that spawned several tornadoes and flattened a huge area of north Dallas. We had very heavy rain, but aside from a very short burst of small hail, no problems.
I know that most people in tornado country have little choice and they simply, or not so simply, live with the consequences... I lived in earthquake country most of my life and you get used to it. Just as random. Just as deadly. Just as destructive.
Must be devestating to lose your home and all your belongings. May God. Bless those affected.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, the numbers and the variety are amazing. BTW, that bird is a king parrot. The were four of them which settled in a small tree next to me and the one close up was within arm's reach.

Awesome...you are blessed indeed. :)

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

Awesome...you are blessed indeed. :)
And I'm so not used to it. Coming from NZ where the bird life is comparatively positively dismal, I still get excited at how wonderful it is here. Where else do you get 100 cockatoos taking over your front garden? They eat your roses, tear apart your clothes line, dismantle the peg basket, and who cares? They are just too beautiful to deny their company.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great photos Pat. Did you take it? :) ( "It" being the old wheel, ladder and whatsitsname which is on the tip of my tongue. LOL )
Yes I did Helen. It's a nasturtium which must have come from a stray seed.

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does any one know that most of the clouds we see are from the jets, and airplanes ?
back when I was a child,,,, we did not have all of these clouds........... that was

back in the 1940's....... My girl friend and I would bring out a blanket and lay in the sun to get a
tan,,,,,,,, so we seen the sky a lot...... very few air planes, and no jets at this time......
Very nice blue sky...........!!!!!!!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great picture!

Canada has the Snowbird demonstration team, similar to the Red Arrows. Yesterday one of the Snowbird planes crashed (the pilot safely ejected.)
America has the Blue Angels (Navy) and the Thunderbirds (Air Force). I used to live close to a Navy base and saw the Blue Angels perform many times. It's really amazing how close they fly to one another in formation.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that most people in tornado country have little choice and they simply, or not so simply, live with the consequences... I lived in earthquake country most of my life and you get used to it. Just as random. Just as deadly. Just as destructive.
Must be devestating to lose your home and all your belongings. May God. Bless those affected.

I grew up in Iowa, and now live in Texas, both in "tornado alley." One does indeed get a fatalistic contempt for tornadoes, likely as one does for earthquakes in seismic zones.

Driving into Dallas, a few days ago, I passed through the zone of destruction. The tornado cut right through a very wealthy neighborhood, taking out huge houses, and a very pricey private school. And as I saw a house that was missing a roof and two walls, I realized that it doesn't matter how wealthy one is when this happens. Your home is the material part of your life, and when it's taken from you, it doesn't matter if it's a shack or a palace; the emotional blow is the same.

The private school was just about to have Homecoming. Another private school opened it's doors so that the Homecoming could happen. And all sorts of prominent Dallas people were out in the streets, helping to restore the neighborhoods, which is a very good thing.

Reactions: brakelite and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I did Helen. It's a nasturtium which must have come from a stray seed.

Oh right...Nasturtiums... couldn't remember the name.
What amazes me is the baby violets 'Johnny jump ups' ...which get seeded and grow in cracks and the most strangest of places. :)

A reminder that we can cling, and grow anywhere.