PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America has the Blue Angels (Navy) and the Thunderbirds (Air Force). I used to live close to a Navy base and saw the Blue Angels perform many times. It's really amazing how close they fly to one another in formation.

Starbucks HQ, Seattle
28850835444_37717b717e_b.jpg

SODO area, walking back to the train station, Thunderbirds were practicing for an airshow nearby.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They eat your roses, tear apart your clothes line, dismantle the peg basket, and who cares? They are just too beautiful to deny their company.

Crows do that here. I feed some in the park across the street. I started mostly because I shoot herons and egrets in the park, and if crows don't like you, they scream at you and spook other birds. If you should get one that becomes really comfortable with you, you're in for an experience. And in my case, they know where I live. They love to visit and pick apart your stuff. Occasionally, they'll bring gifts, of stuff they found interesting somewhere else.

I think they're beautiful, but mostly, they are engagingly intelligent.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh right...Nasturtiums... couldn't remember the name.
What amazes me is the baby violets 'Johnny jump ups' ...which get seeded and grow in cracks and the most strangest of places. :)

A reminder that we can cling, and grow anywhere.
My back garden is full of those little violets. I had one tiny plant in the front which wasn't flourishing so I moved it into the back and it's now all over the place.

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Crows do that here. I feed some in the park across the street. I started mostly because I shoot herons and egrets in the park, and if crows don't like you, they scream at you and spook other birds. If you should get one that becomes really comfortable with you, you're in for an experience. And in my case, they know where I live. They love to visit and pick apart your stuff. Occasionally, they'll bring gifts, of stuff they found interesting somewhere else.

I think they're beautiful, but mostly, they are engagingly intelligent.
Yes, I love the crows. We didn't have them in NZ, do I was quite amazed at my first sight of them here. And they are everywhere. Very clever at getting into rubbish bins etc. I have heard that they bring gifts to those they trust. Reminds of Elijah? being fed by the Raven? One wonders of he was kind to that Raven first and the bird reciprocated?

Reactions: Helen

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I love the crows. We didn't have them in NZ, do I was quite amazed at my first sight of them here. And they are everywhere. Very clever at getting into rubbish bins etc. I have heard that they bring gifts to those they trust. Reminds of Elijah? being fed by the Raven? One wonders of he was kind to that Raven first and the bird reciprocated?

Apparently, if your motives are entirely pure, animals can detect it, and give you a measure of trust. St. Francis of Assisi was apparently able to do get animals to trust him. He once called on some birds to be quiet while he preached, and they remained silent for the length of his sermon, becoming noisy again after he finished. I expect Elijah had a similar effect on the raven.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen