PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Whenever I'm out in the Olympic forest, I get the feeling that a dinosaur might come lurching out of the trees. It's lush and moist, and the plants are huge.

36815215594_35f98d537e_h.jpg
Great photo!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And I'm so not used to it. Coming from NZ where the bird life is comparatively positively dismal, I still get excited at how wonderful it is here. Where else do you get 100 cockatoos taking over your front garden? They eat your roses, tear apart your clothes line, dismantle the peg basket, and who cares? They are just too beautiful to deny their company.
Amazing photo! and what brilliant colours on some of the birds..

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must bring back a lot of memories to some ppl...
Oh, yes! I remember many things from those days. I took almost 2,000 pictures during my 12 tour in Viet Nam. When I arrived in Saigon in about August of 1964 there where 16,000 American soldiers. The war only began to escalate in the January of 1965 with the arrival of U.S. combat troops. I was in the Signal Corps. When I finished my tour in August of 1965 there were 65,000 American soldier a great many of them were combat troops. Most of my time, while I was in the Army, I stationed on a small compound of Army Signal Corps personnel located within the U.S. Air Force Base at Danang for security reasons.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh, yes! I remember many things from those days. I took almost 2,000 pictures during my 12 tour in Viet Nam. When I arrived in Saigon in about August of 1964 there where 16,000 American soldiers. The war only began to escalate in the January of 1965 with the arrival of U.S. combat troops. I was in the Signal Corps. When I finished my tour in August of 1965 there were 65,000 American soldier a great many of them were combat troops. Most of my time, while I was in the Army, I stationed on a small compound of Army Signal Corps personnel located within the U.S. Air Force Base at Danang for security reasons.
I'm sure you have a whole, deep perspective on Vietnam and those tumultuous events, which many other of us do not have.

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

Probably not the thread to be asking this... Ignore it of you like... But did you ever come to terms with that war considering how it turned out, the brutal cost in human life and suffering on both sides, and the seeming senseless purpose over all?

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Birds of Prey--Horned Owl (taken on my iPhone, so it's grainy when enlarged very much :()

These birds were not in cages. It was a Birds of Prey Show, and the birds flew right over our heads from one perch to another. It was amazing!

View media item 1925

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Birds of Prey--Barred Owl 2

I was sitting a few yards from the perch where this bird was sitting. It started staring at me and freaked me out.
View media item 1927

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure you have a whole, deep perspective on Vietnam and those tumultuous events, which many other of us do not have.
Never while I was over there. Then I was very naive and it shocked me to come home and be greeted by anti-war protesters as if I were some kind of a killer simply for doing what I thought I was supposed to do.

When I started college within days of getting out of the service I volunteered to show slides of Viet Nam thinking people would be interested. Many arrived and seeing that I had no blood and guts and atrocity films most oft them left long before the showing was finished.

Of course I was not serving God and had never read the Bible nor even owned a Bible yet... But God, nevertheless, did have His hand on me and later, years later some of that perspective you mention came to me.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably not the thread to be asking this... Ignore it of you like... But did you ever come to terms with that war considering how it turned out, the brutal cost in human life and suffering on both sides, and the seeming senseless purpose over all?
I tried for a long time to understand the whole thing and still today I don't. Even if it was all wrong, there was no reason to blame all of the soldiers who participated on the American side. There were exceptions, but most of us did not have a clue as what was really happening. No one, officially, ever tried to explain. We were to presume based on what we had been taught in school that we were right because, we were... No such questions came to my mind about that until I returned. Within a few months I was on my way to a perhaps similarly bad scenario for the USA, the Dominican Republic where I spent almost the last 6 months of my active duty. But, not many paid attention because Viet Nam was the big thing costing much more money and lives.

Still not understanding when we pulled out of Viet Nam, I was glad, but I did could not so easily remove from myself the feeling that somehow we should have "won", whatever that meant. At that time, I had not a clue.

Reactions: brakelite and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that Trafalgar square ?
And was the first one at St Pauls?
The one was certainly Trafalgar Square, a place where at that time the pigeons were allowed free reign even though the acid of their mess was quite destructive. The other two posted here from London were taken in Hyde Park. I only spent a few days in London and did not see a lot because I was sick in bed with the worse case of bronchitis of my whole life. Fortunately the lady who rented me bed and breakfast helped me quite a bit. She had lost her son in WWII and there I was young and in need. She left me with good memories of the British. My biggest disappointment was not being able to eat a genuine English dinner for Christmas Day [1969]. All of the restaurants advertising such dinners were closed for the holiday so I ended up in an Indian restaurant trying out the curry.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The one was certainly Trafalgar Square, a place where at that time the pigeons were allowed free reign even though the acid of their mess was quite destructive. The other two posted here from London were taken in Hyde Park. I only spent a few days in London and did not see a lot because I was sick in bed with the worse case of bronchitis of my whole life. Fortunately the lady who rented me bed and breakfast helped me quite a bit. She had lost her son in WWII and there I was young and in need. She left me with good memories of the British. My biggest disappointment was not being able to eat a genuine English dinner for Christmas Day [1969]. All of the restaurants advertising such dinners were closed for the holiday so I ended up in an Indian restaurant trying out the curry.

Thanks John :)

Reactions: amadeus