Pilate asked Jesus, What Is Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I see both @Truther and @amadeus speaking the same spiritual language with different emphasis, as each are led differently by the Spirit of God, of Christ who is the truth. Saying this I do see the main emphasis in this thread of what is the truth and for one's salvation.

When Christ responded to the Roman leader, he responded with the truth not as the world or this Roman understood it, as his Father and he understood it for the salvation of all men.

John 14:6 speaks this truth for eternal life. Christ is the only way to the truth for eternal life that all human souls must embrace fully. No other truth really counts. And Acts 2:38 is one concise verse of the key in determining if we understand and want this truth and to be saved for eternal life. And Acts 19:2 is the result of believing in this truth in our heart, mind and our being.

I do agree with truther and @user that Acts 2:38 and incidentally other scripture that compliment it, defines simply who can be called a true believer in Christ. All professing and fake Christians who have decided to bypass and not heed this type of scripture, still do not know the truth and are still 'lost' in their sins.

We are not in the Body of Christ if we do not obey these words of this scripture, period.

And I also agree that today, verses like Acts 2:38 are ignored or left in the dust by so-called Christianity because it is a real drag when religious, economic and political expediency, gain and popularity are at a stake and that is all that really matters. It is the truth! It is their truth today! God help them and anyone that has fallen for these lies, and exchanged the real truth for a bowl of soup or morsel of bread that when eaten is gone forever, it is fleeting and not the real high for life as God intended man to live...not by bread alone...by every word of God ....as @amadeus might say here.

Blessing to all three of you for revealing a much needed topic and discussion for this forum. It may rattle a few cages although this is a matter of the truth:D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is a "sugar stick"?

Was that Peter's "sugar stick" at Pentecost?
Reread what I posted. The "sugar stick" reference was the way my first Pentecostal pastor described Acts 2:38 for himself. I have never done that.
Can't you see what ALL INCLUSIVE, the anti-Acts 2:38 crowd has done to you?
I have never been anti-Acts 2:38, but rather pro-God.

I believe firmly in that verse of scripture. It was probably the first one I memorized in Spanish. I would be hard-pressed to accomplish it in Spanish today due to my own failing mental abilities, but it remains in my heart. Please do not make presumptions like that... My heart is open to God. His kingdom is the one I seeking each and every day along with His righteousness.

I may stumble and I have at times fallen, but always I have then called out to Him for mercy and for His help. How far are each of from our end here? When should we stop seeking first things first? Not while we continue to have breath!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I see both @Truther and @amadeus speaking the same spiritual language with different emphasis, as each are led differently by the Spirit of God, of Christ who is the truth. Saying this I do see the main emphasis in this thread of what is the truth and for one's salvation.

When Christ responded to the Roman leader, he responded with the truth not as the world or this Roman understood it, as his Father and he understood it for the salvation of all men.

John 14:6 speaks this truth for eternal life. Christ is the only way to the truth for eternal life that all human souls must embrace fully. No other truth really counts. And Acts 2:38 is one concise verse of the key in determining if we understand and want this truth and to be saved for eternal life. And Acts 19:2 is the result of believing in this truth in our heart, mind and our being.

I do agree with truther and @user that Acts 2:38 and incidentally other scripture that compliment it, defines simply who can be called a true believer in Christ. All professing and fake Christians who have decided to bypass and not heed this type of scripture, still do not know the truth and are still 'lost' in their sins.

We are not in the Body of Christ if we do not obey these words of this scripture, period.

And I also agree that today, verses like Acts 2:38 are ignored or left in the dust by so-called Christianity because it is a real drag when religious, economic and political expediency, gain and popularity are at a stake and that is all that really matters. It is the truth! It is their truth today! God help them and anyone that has fallen for these lies, and exchanged the real truth for a bowl of soup or morsel of bread that when eaten is gone forever, it is fleeting and not the real high for life as God intended man to live...not by bread alone...by every word of God ....as @amadeus might say here.

Blessing to all three of you for revealing a much needed topic and discussion for this forum. It may rattle a few cages although this is a matter of the truth:D
Excellent post!

Reactions: user and amadeus

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reread what I posted. The "sugar stick" reference was the way my first Pentecostal pastor described Acts 2:38 for himself. I have never done that.

I have never been anti-Acts 2:38, but rather pro-God.

I believe firmly in that verse of scripture. It was probably the first one I memorized in Spanish. I would be hard-pressed to accomplish it in Spanish today due to my own failing mental abilities, but it remains in my heart. Please do not make presumptions like that... My heart is open to God. His kingdom is the one I seeking each and every day along with His righteousness.

I may stumble and I have at times fallen, but always I have then called out to Him for mercy and for His help. How far are each of from our end here? When should we stop seeking first things first? Not while we continue to have breath!
If one is not preaching Acts 2:38 to sinners then they are against it in my opinion.

They need to hear the immediate solution to their dilemma, not get a scriptural massage.

They find no peace until they obtain remission of their sins and a clean conscience before almighty God.

We need to preach the book of Acts to the Jew, Samaritan and Gentile just like the Apostles did.

We must oppose and expose phony "scholars" that teach the contrary.

Gotta get some spiritual backbone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is not preaching Acts 2:38 to sinners then they are against it in my opinion.

They need to hear the immediate solution to their dilemma, not get a scriptural massage.

They find no peace until they obtain remission of their sins and a clean conscience before almighty God.

We need to preach the book of Acts to the Jew, Samaritan and Gentile just like the Apostles did.

We must oppose and expose phony "scholars" that teach the contrary.

Gotta get some spiritual backbone.
Need very simply to always be led by the Holy Ghost.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

But the Holy Ghost will lead a person to water, but cant make them get baptized(drink).;)
While that may indeed be true, I do not insist on what God may be saying to other people. Each Body part is connected to and should be subject to the Head of the Body of Christ, which is Jesus... not you and not me!

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Jim B

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Need very simply to always be led by the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

But the Holy Ghost will lead a person to water, but cant make them get baptized(drink).;)
Precious friends, of course The Holy Ghost will not "lead us into Confusion,"
either, Correct?

1) men/tradition may "lead us to water [Confusion]," but The Holy Spirit Is
The ONE Who [Spiritually #13] Baptizes us Into The ONE Body Of CHRIST!
Amen?

2) Does The Holy Ghost simply "lead us" if we ignore Bible study Rules?

3) Should we not thank God, not for Confusion, but for Right Division Of
His Word Of Truth?

GRACE And Peace...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
either, Correct?

Amen?

His Word Of Truth?

GRACE And Peace...
When people quench the Holy Spirit as most believers today in my experience do too often, then confusion exists because men follow the way of the Samaritans of old. Why do we suppose those Samaritans were despised by the Israelites to the south? [See II Kings 17:23ff]

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While that may indeed be true, I do not insist on what God may be saying to other people. Each Body part is connected to and should be subject to the Head of the Body of Christ, which is Jesus... not you and not me!

Give God the glory!
That is not Apostolic, 1st century preaching to sinners.

They had a universal command of Acts 2:38 to even qualify for more teaching.

If they did not obey it, they were sent packing.

The only thing God would have told sinners is what He told Cornelius.... to get someone named Peter to get him fixed.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
either, Correct?

Amen?

His Word Of Truth?

GRACE And Peace...
The Holy Ghost does not remit sinners' sins.

It leads them to water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

The Holy Ghost NEVER vindicated a sinner in history, nor will it ever in the future.

It was sent to lead and guide into the truth(Acts 2:38,.... then etc).

Some people obey Acts 2:38 without the Holy Ghost and some folks obey it with the Holy Ghost.

Disobeying Acts 2:38 is disobeying the Holy Ghost.

That's not cool.:cool:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not Apostolic, 1st century preaching to sinners.

They had a universal command of Acts 2:38 to even qualify for more teaching.

If they did not obey it, they were sent packing.

The only thing God would have told sinners is what He told Cornelius.... to get someone named Peter to get him fixed.
You are, of course, right in your own eyes along with everyone else. God gives the increase.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov. 21:2

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are, of course, right in your own eyes along with everyone else. God gives the increase.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov. 21:2

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7
Acts 2:38 is not someone's opinion, but the universal command of what to do to be saved by the only man given the keys to the kingdom.

I am looking at it through the eyes of Peter, as I think of what he would tell me if I was a repentant sinner.

Then, I just tell sinners what Peter would have told me.

I don't give any credibility to folks that don't regard Acts 2:38 as mandatory.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Pontious Pilate knew Christ was a holy man, and wanted no part of it, that's why he left it to the Jews to choose, not for political reasons, he didn't want the son of God's blood on his hands.
@JohnPaul Pilate evidently didn't care about the truth.

Least of all about the Truth as John 14.6 describes....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is not someone's opinion, but the universal command of what to do to be saved by the only man given the keys to the kingdom.
Knowledge...? Without charity... what is it? Do you understand what charity is?

"And
though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

I am looking at it through the eyes of Peter, as I think of what he would tell me if I was a repentant sinner.
You would look through the eyes of a man rather than the "eyes to see" [the Holy Ghost] of which Jesus spoke?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Then, I just tell sinners what Peter would have told me.
That would certainly be a good thing if you were delivering the same message from God. Remember faith versus knowledge! And even faith without charity...hmmm?

I don't give any credibility to folks that don't regard Acts 2:38 as mandatory.
But I do regard Acts 2:38 as mandatory!

On credibility... even a donkey has been used by God to deliver His truth. You might want to be slow to discard a message simply because the messenger is not what you think he should be.

Do you know all of the Truth of God for men?

Do you no longer need to grow toward God?

Are you not also in part of liar who still sees through a glass darkly? Do you know any man who is not?

If we knew it all and were never lying in any point due to our ignorance, what further need would we have of Jesus or the Holy Ghost?

Why did the Baptist say this?
"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowledge...? Without charity... what is it? Do you understand what charity is?

"And
though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

You would look through the eyes of a man rather than the "eyes to see" [the Holy Ghost] of which Jesus spoke?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

That would certainly be a good thing if you were delivering the same message from God. Remember faith versus knowledge! And even faith without charity...hmmm?

But I do regard Acts 2:38 as mandatory!

On credibility... even a donkey has been used by God to deliver His truth. You might want to be slow to discard a message simply because the messenger is not what you think he should be.

Do you know all of the Truth of God for men?

Do you no longer need to grow toward God?

Are you not also in part of liar who still sees through a glass darkly? Do you know any man who is not?

If we knew it all and were never lying in any point due to our ignorance, what further need would we have of Jesus or the Holy Ghost?

Why did the Baptist say this?
"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Do you think that preaching Acts 2:38 to the unsaved is abrupt and not considered an act of charity?