Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...I love perfectly when Christ is living His life in me and through me.

When it is me that is doing the living, of course I am not loving the way I am supposed to at all.

I wold say that Christ supplies the fulness of His love to those of us who believe on Him.

Romans 5:5, Ephesians 3:19-20.

So does Christ pack his bags and move out whenever you love imperfectly? Your Catholic is showing ;)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does Christ pack his bags and move out whenever you love imperfectly? Your Catholic is showing ;)
I have no "Catholic" in me...

Of course the scripture that I am referring to is Galatians 2:20.

He doesn't "move out"...He just stands aside and lets me take over.

Because the obedience that the Lord desires is willing obedience.

So if I am not willing to obey Him at any given moment, He will get out of the way and let me be in control of my life.

Of course, in those moments, I am not abiding; and it is questionable as to whether I would go to heaven if I died, or up in the rapture, if either of those were to occur in a moment when I am not abiding in Him.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no "Catholic" in me...

Of course the scripture that I am referring to is Galatians 2:20.

He doesn't "move out"...He just stands aside and lets me take over.

Because the obedience that the Lord desires is willing obedience.

So if I am not willing to obey Him at any given moment, He will get out of the way and let me be in control of my life.

Of course, in those moments, I am not abiding; and it is questionable as to whether I would go to heaven if I died, or up in the rapture, if either of those were to occur in a moment when I am not abiding in Him.

Sounds Catholic to me (its a compliment)

Reactions: Philip James

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is such bondage brother. :eek:
Just said -" If you aide in Me, and my words abide in you..you will bare much fruit...." He did not say - if you don't abide in Me constantly off to hell you go!"

I can't believe that you would believe that.

You would lose the reward of- "You good and faithful servant...."

But , be shut out of heaven? - no way!

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just said -" If you aide in Me, and my words abide in you..you will bare much fruit...." He did not say - if you don't abide in Me constantly off to hell you go!"

But , be shut out of heaven, no way.

Walking on eggshells theology!

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But , be shut out of heaven, no way.
I do not find the state of abiding to be a burden, and neither do I consider it to be a bondage to be obedient in the Lord.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did not say - if you don't abide in Me constantly off to hell you go!"
Actually, He did teach in John 15:1-8 that if we fail to abide we will be "cast into the fire".

Now He did not say to what extent we must needs abide in order to avoid that fate.

But I consider that the person who is asking, "How far can I go before I am outside of the grace of God?" is not asking the right question and does not have the right attitude.

The question that comes from a right attitude would be, "How close can I get to Jesus Christ in abiding relationship?"

It is a question of desire.

Are you inclined to worldly things, and want to know how far you can go into worldly things before you aren't saved anymore? An attitude like that indicates that you might not be saved in the first place.

But if you are seeking Christ and want to know Him more...if you desire to be as close to Him as possible...then you have the right attitude; an attitude that I would say is even characteristic every Christian who is truly born again.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not find the state of abiding to be a burden, and neither do I consider it to be a bondage to be obedient in the Lord.

I agree...but I was not talking about that.

I underlined showing I was speaking about the quoted part of your post =
<Of course, in those moments, I am not abiding; and it is questionable as to whether I would go to heaven if I died, > !!!!!!!!

Questionable?????? Come on...really? :eek:

If I wanted to continue this I would say .." Where in the bible does it say that...? "
but I was just responding, so it can now just lay.
You will believe what you wish to believe...

God bless ...H

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree...but I was not talking about that.

I underlined showing I was speaking about the quoted part of your post =
<Of course, in those moments, I am not abiding; and it is questionable as to whether I would go to heaven if I died, > !!!!!!!!

Questionable?????? Come on...really? :eek:

If I wanted to continue this I would say .." Where in the bible does it say that...? "
but I was just responding, so it can now just lay.
You will believe what you wish to believe...

God bless ...H

Yes. Jesus said, "Apart from Me, you can DO nothing [good]." So, we get zapped out of eternal life (and lose the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit) if we have a momentary lapse from abiding?? No.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Jesus said, "Apart from Me, you can DO nothing [good]." So, we get zapped out of eternal life (and lose the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit) if we have a momentary lapse from abiding?? No.

If you are not connected to the vine, how do you have access to the sap (life-blood) of the vine?

Is not abiding to draw up nourishment from the vine on a continual basis?

Is not the Holy Spirit the life-blood of our Christian walk?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't wear hats.
Probably in part at least from all the hours spent out in the sun especially once the hair began to thin, I developed a melanoma [cancer] which they successfully cut off a few years ago. I have been very conscientious about wearing a hat since then...

If I did, I would be dishonouring my head, which is Christ; because I am told to pray without ceasing.
My hat doesn't go on top of Jesus but over my head of flesh. That head is still part of my stewardship... so I have to care for it. Jesus has no steward over Him, at least not in my little world.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not connected to the vine, how do you have access to the sap (life-blood) of the vine?

Is not abiding to draw up nourishment from the vine on a continual basis?

Is not the Holy Spirit the life-blood of our Christian walk?

But if you fall off the vine, how do you graft yourself back on?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't wear hats.

If I did, I would be dishonouring my head, which is Christ; because I am told to pray without ceasing.

But for you to understand what I am saying, you might need to know your Bible backwards and forwards yourselves.

PS the animosity does show in some of you.

Wow...
I assume you handle serpents, as well

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably in part at least from all the hours spent out in the sun especially once the hair began to thin, I developed a melanoma [cancer] which they successfully cut off a few years ago. I have been very conscientious about wearing a hat since then...

My hat doesn't go on top of Jesus but over my head of flesh. That head is still part of my stewardship... so I have to care for it. Jesus has no steward over Him, at least not in my little world.

I believe the principle that would apply is, he that is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet quick to say.." I know my Father loves me..." ....but forget to add what they really mean is....I know my Father loves me when I abide and I am good. :rolleyes:

That is sad...and domination by fear.
The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom...Job 28:28.

I know that my Father loves me even when I am not good.

He loves everyone...

which does not mean that everyone is saved or that no one is going to hell.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...
I assume you handle serpents, as well

Jas 3:7, For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

I have an aversion to serpents...but if I were living in a third-world country and one was threatening the village, I would not be on the lunatic fringe to capture the snake and put it in captivity so that it would not be of harm to anyone.