Please Help. I Fear I Committed These..........

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 29, 2020
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blasphemy against God, Jesus, and/or HS

Selling my soul to the devil

Having the mark of the beast on me

Committing the unforgivable sin

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blasphemy against God, Jesus, and/or HS

Selling my soul to the devil

Having the mark of the beast on me

Committing the unforgivable sin
If you can believe in Jesus and ask for forgiveness for your sins you will be ok. Satan accuses us of everything. He's the WORST liar!

Reactions: Dan57

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I cannot tell if this is fear or guilt

Neither they are thoughts. You can't do something that doesn't exist like the mark and the other things are just intrusive thoughts. You should go to a Doctor and not seek advice from non medical people whom cold make everything worse. The internet is absolute no place to get advice.

Reactions: Lavender Purple

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i think we are all a bit stressed right now, and it can be easy for anyone to have their fears get the better of them sometimes. You might imagine some scenario where you have lost absolutely everything in life you value, and then recognize that all that you do have right now is a vast improvement?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without God we have NOTHING, but eternity in Hell fire!

Matthew 16:26 (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Aug 29, 2020
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without God we have NOTHING, but eternity in Hell fire!

Matthew 16:26 (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Thanks that made me feel a lot better.................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Lavender Purple

This is something you don't need to worry about. As obviously I can tell you want to follow Jesus.

A lot of those Pharisees in the NT had no intention of following Jesus or acknowledging Jesus as Lord and continually rejected Jesus.

I heard a month or 2 ago, from memory a pastor said somewhere along the line. That blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is the continual rejection of the Holy Spirit until that person commiting the blasphemy dies.

Which I would agree with that pastor. Because there are some ex-satanists who used to be satanists, who have repented, accepted Jesus as Lord, turned to Jesus and are now preaching the gospel and living for Jesus. Before these kind of people were saved, they said some horrible things about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, but they were forgiven when they repented and turned to Jesus.

So I believe that the unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is the continual rejection and speaking horrible things of the Holy Spirit until death. When someone dies, it's too late for a person to repent and turn to Jesus.

When you repent and acknowledge that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, your sins are forgiven, you invite Jesus into your life, you invite the Holy Spirit into your heart, and from that moment on you have the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit living inside you.

So there is absolutely nothing to worry about @Lavender Purple

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fear I did
That sin CANNOT be committed today. The reasons why are the following :

1- Jesus was performing miracles and the Pharisees had accused Jesus of performing them by the power of Beelzebub.
2- Jesus is no longer walking this earth performing miracles.
3- The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was a specific situation directed at the Pharisees where Jesus performed His miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit and they accused Him of performing them by the power of Beelzebub.
4- That sin by them was unforgivable
5- That sin cannot be duplicated today.

So the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit cannot happen today but a person can die in unbelief therefor his/her sins will not be forgiven and is unpardonable but is not Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. These are 2 completely different sins but in the end have the same results. An eternity without Christ in the lake of fire which it eternal torment for the wicked.

hope this helps !!!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I cannot tell if this is fear or guilt
Lavender Purple, if you are feeling super anxious about something and can't get it out of your head, then those feelings aren't from God.

OCD is a serious medical condition and needs to be treated as such. Please seek medical help for that disorder.

Once medical issues are under control, then you're be more able to see God's glory and hear His voice when it's actually Him prompting something.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lavender Purple, if you are feeling super anxious about something and can't get it out of your head, then those feelings aren't from God.

OCD is a serious medical condition and needs to be treated as such. Please seek medical help for that disorder.

Once medical issues are under control, then you're be more able to see God's glory and hear His voice when it's actually Him prompting something.
How are you linking a person concerned and anxious about their salvation or lack thereof with OCD ?

Those are not the same thing. An anxious person is not a disorder its a lack of trust in the Lord and His promises.

Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6-8
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

hope this helps !!!