Please Help Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe someone should "anonymously" call OSHA and report this? These "grown men" need to "grow a pair"! They are going to make themselves sick! It's so sad that these corporations today care so little about their employees. They treat them as if they are all expendable and all they have to do is hire more people. Don't worry JP, you should not even be near there IMHO - God will open that door for you! I just know it ♥
Thank you Nancy, you are a wonderful person, God bless you.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I think we're all "daft" early on - and sometimes even later on:)

There are good people on here that will pray for you if you ask. It's very encouraging.
Oh yes it is so very encouraging when you KNOW there are those who pray for us. I feel closer to all of you here, whom I have never even met than I do with those I am surrounded by at Sunday services. Although...there was a time or two that I did go into what our local Church calls the Fireside Room, and had somebody pray so fervently with me that she had tears in her eyes! That was such a blessed day...and of course, that prayer has already been answered ♥
And another time as well, a different person. I loved the reverence as she opened her prayer, as I don't think we are able to be near reverent enough for our HUGE God! lol. It's all good :)

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That chemical sounds highly toxic. Years back my husband was the supervisor and was told to have his men work in a building where asbestos was getting ripped out of. I was concerned because I knew asbestos was toxic. We didn't have the internet then so I contacted someone in the government who knew about asbestos. He warned me that there was a protocol that had to be followed and a special test had to be performed to ensure asbestos wasn't circulating in the air. I told my husband and he had the test run and asbestos was swirling all around them and he ordered his men not to work in the building. They had to hire the proper company to remove the asbestos.

But if you're leaving anyway it doesn't matter - you can tell your current co-workers to contact OSHA. I'm afraid America is becoming more like a 3rd world company or a Banana Republic.

There is also a risk of chemicals entering through your pores. A friend - who has since passed away - worked with a toxic chemical. She told me that blood used to seep out of her pores. She later got cancer - although she had been a smoker for a time.

I just don't trust working around anything that could be toxic. You only get 1 temple.

Good luck in your job search!
Your husband is a smart man, unfortunately I can’t trust my coworkers most are friends of the owner, they run and tell the owner everything, not only is the product toxic, but so is my work environment, bunch of brown nosers, back stabbers and snakes, this is actually the worst place I’ve worked at during my entire working career.

There are only two people I can trust here who are not friends and moles of the company, they feel the same way I do, they don’t work in my department and aren’t affected by the toxic product.

I wouldn’t believe a place like this existed myself, if I didn’t work here.

A funny thing is I come to find out, is the reason I got hired was because they couldn’t keep anyone here, people either quit or got fired constantly, because of the work environment or the person would ask for a raise or stand up to the owner and soon after they’d be let go.

You are right about the chemical being absorbed through the skin, this is what’s happening to the people I mentioned who are getting rashes and nose bleeds, I don’t understand how these people are putting their health at risk like this, knowing in the long run they will be permanently sick or die from the exposure.

The company also seems to make up their own Material Safety Data Sheets, because the ones I’ve read online from the manufacturer of the raw materials require chemical suits and oxygen supplied masks, Chemical resistant gloves, where my company only supplies you with latex gloves, tyvek suit and dust masks.

When I asked for a full face respirator I was told no, it’s not part of the SOP(Standard Operating Procedure).

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe someone should "anonymously" call OSHA and report this? These "grown men" need to "grow a pair"! They are going to make themselves sick! It's so sad that these corporations today care so little about their employees. They treat them as if they are all expendable and all they have to do is hire more people. Don't worry JP, you should not even be near there IMHO - God will open that door for you! I just know it ♥
I’ve thought about calling OSHA, but then I think to myself these people are grown and work here a lot longer than I do, if any of them were worried about their health and wanted to do the right thing, they would’ve put a stop to this a long time ago before I got hired here, like you said they should grow a pair.

Thank you Nancy for having positive thoughts for me, it means a lot to me and all the positive encouragement I’ve been getting from people on here, who I never met, but hopefully will get to know on here.

Thank you all once again.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve thought about calling OSHA, but then I think to myself these people are grown and work here a lot longer than I do, if any of them were worried about their health and wanted to do the right thing, they would’ve put a stop to this a long time ago before I got hired here, like you said they should grow a pair.

Thank you Nancy for having positive thoughts for me, it means a lot to me and all the positive encouragement I’ve been getting from people on here, who I never met, but hopefully will get to know on here.

If what you say is true, you need to call OSHA. You cannot be denied safety equipment. You cannot make up your own MSDS sheets. You cannot be denied access to MSDS sheets. You can call OSHA and remain anonymous to your employer. OSHA knows the troubles that can occur between the employee and employer.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what you say is true, you need to call OSHA. You cannot be denied safety equipment. You cannot make up your own MSDS sheets. You cannot be denied access to MSDS sheets. You can call OSHA and remain anonymous to your employer. OSHA knows the troubles that can occur between the employee and employer.

Stranger
They must be doing something with the MSDS’s because when you look up the different companies that supply the raw materials they all require more than a dust mask.

I can remain anonymous but my company knows I’m the only one not working with it because I spoke up and told them this stuff is making me sick, so they’ll put two and two together real quick, and I’ll lose my job quicker for people who’ll sooner stick a knife in my back if they know they can get ahead or secure their job through brownie points and who should’ve said something long ago.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They must be doing something with the MSDS’s because when you look up the different companies that supply the raw materials they all require more than a dust mask.

I can remain anonymous but my company knows I’m the only one not working with it because I spoke up and told them this stuff is making me sick, so they’ll put two and two together real quick, and I’ll lose my job quicker for people who’ll sooner stick a knife in my back if they know they can get ahead or secure their job through brownie points and who should’ve said something long ago.
Sorry to hear about that, some companies don't care, and some will never speak up.

I worked for a company years ago doing finish carpentry at so much per hour. We worked 60 hours a week. Everyone got their first check, and it was for 40 hours. I told the guy, no way, I worked 60 and I want to be paid for what I worked. So, he rewrote my check without arguing about it, yet no one else spoke up and just accepted their 40 hour checks! Why?!

Came back on Monday and they fired me. LOL!!!!!!! It was just a temporary fill-in because my other boss had a few week gap til out next big job.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What a sad way to live. Not caring about their health because of a job. I can understand the trauma losing a job can cause BUT...if we are Gods children, He just plain does not want us to fret. Kind of comforting to know He already has our lives in His hands ♥ I will continue to pray that you will be working in the perfect place He chooses, because I know He will open that door for you. Meantime, take care of yourself. Sheesh...cannot believe they won't even let you wear a mask!
Better days are a commin! :D
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your husband is a smart man, unfortunately I can’t trust my coworkers most are friends of the owner, they run and tell the owner everything, not only is the product toxic, but so is my work environment, bunch of brown nosers, back stabbers and snakes, this is actually the worst place I’ve worked at during my entire working career.

There are only two people I can trust here who are not friends and moles of the company, they feel the same way I do, they don’t work in my department and aren’t affected by the toxic product.

I wouldn’t believe a place like this existed myself, if I didn’t work here.

A funny thing is I come to find out, is the reason I got hired was because they couldn’t keep anyone here, people either quit or got fired constantly, because of the work environment or the person would ask for a raise or stand up to the owner and soon after they’d be let go.

You are right about the chemical being absorbed through the skin, this is what’s happening to the people I mentioned who are getting rashes and nose bleeds, I don’t understand how these people are putting their health at risk like this, knowing in the long run they will be permanently sick or die from the exposure.

The company also seems to make up their own Material Safety Data Sheets, because the ones I’ve read online from the manufacturer of the raw materials require chemical suits and oxygen supplied masks, Chemical resistant gloves, where my company only supplies you with latex gloves, tyvek suit and dust masks.

When I asked for a full face respirator I was told no, it’s not part of the SOP(Standard Operating Procedure).
Oh I hope somebody blows them in ,you don't mess with the MSDS!!! That's unacceptable and highly illegal. That boss of yours sounds like a peach :rolleyes:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a sad way to live. Not caring about their health because of a job. I can understand the trauma losing a job can cause BUT...if we are Gods children, He just plain does not want us to fret. Kind of comforting to know He already has our lives in His hands ♥ I will continue to pray that you will be working in the perfect place He chooses, because I know He will open that door for you. Meantime, take care of yourself. Sheesh...cannot believe they won't even let you wear a mask!
Better days are a commin! :D
xo
Nancy you are the best, these prayers mean so much, I need all the prayers I can get, I truly appreciate that from my heart.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about that, some companies don't care, and some will never speak up.

I worked for a company years ago doing finish carpentry at so much per hour. We worked 60 hours a week. Everyone got their first check, and it was for 40 hours. I told the guy, no way, I worked 60 and I want to be paid for what I worked. So, he rewrote my check without arguing about it, yet no one else spoke up and just accepted their 40 hour checks! Why?!

Came back on Monday and they fired me. LOL!!!!!!! It was just a temporary fill-in because my other boss had a few week gap til out next big job.
Some people just won’t speak up, it baffles me especially when it concerns your health.

Good for you Preacher4Truth, that you spoke up, I’ll never understand people.

Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, you do want you want. But I have seen these types of situations before in construction work. Yes, they try and ignore the safety laws, and they are laws. And they laugh at those who are trying to follow the laws, till someone gets killed. And my oh my how they sing a different song. They will even go the funeral and shed some tears. But, the job shuts down. OSHA comes out and starts interviewing everyone. Did you know about this? Did you bring it to anyones attention? Did you try and contact us?

If you are working with a people who would stick a knife in your back and for an employer who disregards safety, if it were me, I wouldn't much care if they knew it was me who called OSHA. But, you know your situation.

Stranger

B

Butterfly

Hi JP,
Do they not get spot checks from the authorities - I would have thought all companies have to ' be seen ' to be complying. OSHA! I am presuming that is the same as our health and safety at work authority.
It's never easy to whistle blow, more difficult if no one in management can be trusted. I wonder why the people that have already left have never gone to OSHA.
Do the owners have ' friends ' in the community , or influence outside the company perhaps that make people afraid to report them when they leave !?
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JP,
Do they not get spot checks from the authorities - I would have thought all companies have to ' be seen ' to be complying. OSHA! I am presuming that is the same as our health and safety at work authority.
It's never easy to whistle blow, more difficult if no one in management can be trusted. I wonder why the people that have already left have never gone to OSHA.
Do the owners have ' friends ' in the community , or influence outside the company perhaps that make people afraid to report them when they leave !?
Rita

Hi Rita,
I wonder if the owners of this company have friends in OSHA! Yes Rita, our OSHA stands for Occupational Safety and Health Administration. So, I would say it's the same principle Health and Safety at Work Authority.
I hope all is good with you and Dan, and Rachel. ♥

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one thing to add and I don’t want to sound anti-Semitic but the owners of my company are Jews and perhaps they don’t care about harming Gentiles.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JP,
Rita

OSHA, like any other large entity, is itself a money making business. It's goals are good, but it moves where it is profitable for them. In the construction industry, you hardly ever see them come to a small job, such as house building or small commercial building. They do target the large jobs, as that is where they can find the most infractions and can deal out the most expensive fines.

They do spot check. But, used to, before they come on they must meet with the superintendent of the job, and he can refuse them access to the job. They in turn can get a warrant and come back, which they do when they have been refused. This will take a couple of hours, and in the mean time everyone on the job is picking up all tools and cords, and locking them up and going home. Some are busy fixing what they know are violations.

Most larger construction companies however have become very safety conscience. They have their own safety program and once a week you usually attend a safety class. They have their own safety man who gives the class and who comes around and writes you up for violations.

It doesn't sound like, according to him, that JohnPaul's company has any safety program, or a safety man to report to. Or it may be that they are obeying just the very minimal safety procedures keeping themselves legal.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one thing to add and I don’t want to sound anti-Semitic but the owners of my company are Jews and perhaps they don’t care about harming Gentiles.

I seriously doubt that is the case.

Stranger