Please Help Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JP,
Do they not get spot checks from the authorities - I would have thought all companies have to ' be seen ' to be complying. OSHA! I am presuming that is the same as our health and safety at work authority.
It's never easy to whistle blow, more difficult if no one in management can be trusted. I wonder why the people that have already left have never gone to OSHA.
Do the owners have ' friends ' in the community , or influence outside the company perhaps that make people afraid to report them when they leave !?
Rita
No they never do spot checks where I work unless someone blows the whistle, people are too scared. They also have NIOSH you can call.

Yes they have loads of friends in the community and outside the community, they’re filthy rich and buy people.

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your self-righteous pride in how you think we should all be at your level of faith, knowledge, or understanding could become an area that the Holy Spirit will convict your heart and then allow you to experience humility through trials and tribulations.
But i dunno...I can't imagine that He is pleased with your sarcasm and bullying.

Life is hard and then gets more difficult after that! Simply ask ANY of the Heroes in Scripture. :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just a big ol' keg o' compassion, ain't ya?

Jesus almost denied his own mother:

John 2:1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is hard and then gets more difficult after that! Simply ask ANY of the Heroes in Scripture. :)

Bobby Jo
That is so totally opposite of what scripture teaches....cast your cares upon Him for He careth for you....Jesus says my yoke is easy and my burden is light....in my weakness He is made strong....greater is He who is in me than He who is in the world....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 2:1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

Bobby Jo
This is not denial....and He turned the water into wine....not much of a denial.

Reactions: Nancy and JohnPaul

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
"Woman" in the days of the Bible was used as a term of deep respect for the weaker vessel, not with a tone of indignation that so often accompanies its use today.

Imagine Jesus saying it to her with a smile...it invalidates what you suggested in that post.

Reactions: Nancy and JohnPaul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not denial....and He turned the water into wine....not much of a denial.

John 2:4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

Sounds like a LITE REBUKE to me! Now some would have said, -- yes you poor dear helpless soul, let me run to salve your ears with comforting words with a tender embrace.

But then again, perhaps it's not the words which our lying eyes perceive, it's MORE what they SHOULD have said. :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Woman" in the days of the Bible was used as a term of deep respect for the weaker vessel, not with a tone of indignation that so often accompanies its use today.

“... WHY DO YOU INVOLVE ME? My hour has not yet come.”

Here, let me give YOU a sip, because apparently you do better with MILK than with the MEAT of Scripture. :)

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“... WHY DO YOU INVOLVE ME? My hour has not yet come.”

Here, let me give YOU a sip, because apparently you do better with MILK than with the MEAT of Scripture. :)

Whew,
Bobby Jo
Bobbi Jo, the issue is compassion, specifically, your lack thereof. Examples of God's longsuffering and compassion have been presented to show you that we, too, must exhibit that. You've appealed to Jesus' words to Mary at the wedding feast, it seems, as "proof" that "Jesus was cold, so I can be too". Where's the proof?

Reactions: JohnPaul and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

Sounds like a LITE REBUKE to me! Now some would have said, -- yes you poor dear helpless soul, let me run to salve your ears with comforting words with a tender embrace.

But then again, perhaps it's not the words which our lying eyes perceive, it's MORE what they SHOULD have said. :)

Bobby Jo

Had to do my own research....
Expositor's Greek Testament
John 2:4. His complete reply is, τί ἐμοὶ καὶ σοί, γύναι; οὔπω ἥκει ἡ ὥρα μου. γύναι is a term of respect, not equivalent to our “woman”. See chap. John 19:26, John 20:13, Luke 13:12. In the Greek tragedians it is constantly used in addressing queens and persons of distinction.

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had to do my own research....
Expositor's Greek Testament
John 2:4. His complete reply is, τί ἐμοὶ καὶ σοί, γύναι; οὔπω ἥκει ἡ ὥρα μου. γύναι is a term of respect, not equivalent to our “woman”. See chap. John 19:26, John 20:13, Luke 13:12. In the Greek tragedians it is constantly used in addressing queens and persons of distinction.

Did you research the pertinent point: ... why do you involve me? ... My hour has not yet come.?!?

Oh, Jesus is LOVE. HE cannot utter anything except, wonderful soothing whispers and tender loving caresses.

Jesus was a man who fashioned a whip for the beasts, and will return again with an IRON ROD for the rebellious.

Give me a break! -- I'm so depressed, everybody feel sorry for me. -- NOT!
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buzz said it better than I ever could ..

I guess when you can't defend your own doctrines (false as they are), you what -- rely on a cartoon?!?

Is you avatar a picture of your father, -- because I suspect you're in junior high school,
Bobby Jo

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you research the pertinent point: ... why do you involve me? ... My hour has not yet come.?!?

Oh, Jesus is LOVE. HE cannot utter anything except, wonderful soothing whispers and tender loving caresses.

Jesus was a man who fashioned a whip for the beasts, and will return again with an IRON ROD for the rebellious.

Give me a break! -- I'm so depressed, everybody feel sorry for me. -- NOT!
Bobby Jo

Why do you have such a weird definition of love?

If I were to define ‘parenting’ in the same manner as you define ‘love’ no one would try it!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess when you can't defend your own doctrines (false as they are), you what -- rely on a cartoon?!?

Is you avatar a picture of your father, -- because I suspect you're in junior high school,
Bobby Jo
Nah, I'd just rather not waste my time debating with someone who actually believes Jesus lacked compassion for His mother, when there's not a shred of evidence in all the NT that He ever demonstrated that. I mean, did He not stop dying on the Cross long enough to ensure that His disciple would take her in and care for her as his own mother?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you have such a weird definition of love?
If I were to define ‘parenting’ in the same manner as you define ‘love’ no one would try it!

Perhaps you missed the ITALICS, -- as in what other people "say".

And if you're going to cite "parenting", perhaps you're not familiar with "TOUGH LOVE"? It effectively forces an irresponsible individual to take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited: