Please, I need help with my master thesis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ikonion

Nov 19, 2007
Hello all,I need help and advise with my studies. As some of you might know I'm a psychology-student and also researcher in religion. In January 2008 I will need to finish my master thesis,which is about Faith and Society. So we have December now and my professor told me that I will need at least 50 more American Christians who are willing to answer the questions of my questionnaire or I get into real problems with my thesis. The aim of my master thesis is to answer the question: What can European Christians learn from American Christians? And I am sure there is a lot!So please, if any one of you could help me with some information on that topic, with phrases from the bible, with contacts to US-American churches or with participating in the survey (www.psysurvey.de), you can really help me! And I am sure that with the help of God I can help others a lot with a better understanding in the psyche of religion!I really appreciate any helpGod blessMarc

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Well, my experience is that all anyone can learn from American "Christians" is how to bicker and fight, and split away from one another over petty disagreements.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I can help you out and get you like 250 completed surveys
tongue.gif
.Do they have to be American Christians?I did the survey.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I took the survey to help you out. Sometimes the questions are worded in such a way that sometimes the answer is "very true" and other times not so much so. So I answered the best I could, but no survey is 100% accurate as to what the person is really saying or feeling.One thing to remember in psychology: People professing to be born again are often enigmas to psychologists. There is the natural man, and there is the Spirit filled one which is like another creature altogether (or from the world's view, a far-out alien). However, the Spirit-filled man has his "flesh" nature yet and you will see constant warring and uncertainties going on in his soul. A fleshy person just seeks to adjust to the world as opposed to the heavenly realm of the spiritual man. A fleshy person may act "spiritual" because he reflects the nature of God as a created being, but they are merely religious, not spiritual. I wish you the best on your thesis.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
One thing to remember in psychology: People professing to be born again are often enigmas to psychologists. There is the natural man, and there is the Spirit filled one which is like another creature altogether (or from the world's view, a far-out alien). However, the Spirit-filled man has his "flesh" nature yet and you will see constant warring and uncertainties going on in his soul. A fleshy person just seeks to adjust to the world as opposed to the heavenly realm of the spiritual man. A fleshy person may act "spiritual" because he reflects the nature of God as a created being, but they are merely religious, not spiritual.I wish you the best on your thesis.
That's why he's doing the survey.

Ikonion

Nov 19, 2007
(Wakka;26137)
I can help you out and get you like 250 completed surveys
tongue.gif
Really?!?! WOW ! ! Please do, if you can! :angel4: (Wakka;26137)
Do they have to be American Christians?
Yes, I do a comparison between Germany and the United States, so they should be American, since I already had asked enough people in Germany.(Faithful;26154)
The survey was written by a non-christian.
No, it was not. Actually my professor and me designed it. If you refer to the "neutral" style of the survey or certain questions -they are intended in that way. Some questions should seem non-christian-like. It's a thing you do in psychology at times (the fact that you ask questions in a certain way to provoke certain emotions etc).
wink.gif
But I will let you all know about the results.Thank you all again for your kind support! You really made my day!
smile.gif
God bless

Ikonion

Nov 19, 2007
Just wanted to give you an update on the progression of my thesis:I finished to read all relevant literature today! Yippie!
biggrin.gif
Therefore I'm going to calculate and evaluate the study within the next two weeks. So if anyone feels to participate in the study, she/he is greatly welcomed to do so: www.psysurvey.deThanks again to all of you for your help and may God bless you! :angel4: