Please pray for America ***Warning****

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lothar1

Apr 29, 2010
Northern BC Canada
 To call ourselves disciples of Jesus, to follow his ways is to put our citizenship into the heavenly realms. Yes the apostle Paul was quick to use his Roman citizenship for his own advantage, but he understood that he was an ambassador for Jesus and really belonged to a new Kingdom founded by God through his son Jesus.

There is no such thing as a Christian country in this world.Yes a country may be founded on some Christian principals that will affect the course of a country for a time, like America.

To say a country is blessed by God I think is a mistake, to say a country is used by God for His own purposes is another matter, He raises up and tears down to achieve his final outcome.

Today our enemy has control of this world the battle for hearts and minds goes on much as it has since the beginning of the fall.

God still calls out to the world; the big difference today is that He does it through His son Jesus, who entrusted it to his disciples upon leaving this world.

Jesus now works through His people with the help of our helper the spirit of truth and our guide the word of God. 

We have a job to do our master has given us our marching orders to fallow, I feel He has also laid some traps for us to fall into, end time prophecy may be the largest.

As I study the history of the church, this trap claims the most, so many great teachers, translators men of God felt they were living in the very end of time, and were consumed by it so much that they forgot to do the job that Jesus laid before them.

Jesus will not come back until it is like the times of Sodom or the times of the flood and He comes back to destroy this system of things and set up his righteous Kingdom.

I ask the question that He asked will he find faith in this world.

The answer is no. Jesus will come back for his remnant, so few of his true followers will be left that no one can be converted, as all will be intent on sin and not worth appealing too anymore. No one except the Father,not even the Son knows when that will be.

So I tell you, yes some of the signs are there, as has confused many of his followers down through the centuries to the point that they stopped appealing in the name of Jesus, fled to the hills in fear. I say stay in the battle fight the good fight till the end, the end he chooses for each and every one of us.

Yes I pray let thy Kingdom come, but like Him I want all who are born in this world to come to a saving knowledge of Him.

He could have stopped this war long ago but His love for all mankind, all who are born and can be saved will keep Him calling through His people to the very end. 

The time is short, for each one of us to make a difference in His name, as our lives are short.

So I say again when you stand before your master Jesus. Will he say well done good and faithful servant who did his masters bidding, or maybe something else?

Pray for Your People pray for your leaders that they may make Godly decisions 

In the end whether a country rises or falls is in the hands of God.

The spirit of the lord moves as He wills we may never see another revival again, and yes this will eventually lead to the end times.  Revival is in the hands of God, disaster is one of His tools to bring hearts closer to Him. Fear not man who can destroy the body,

Our citizenship is in heaven, death holds no power over us for in the end we will be with our God and our savior Jesus.

Let His will be done.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Pray for Your People pray for your leaders that they may make Godly decisions

In the end whether a country rises or falls is in the hands of God.

If God is making all the choices anyway, why waste time praying?

Mike.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Prayer is a tool in which God uses to align and adjust us to His plan, will and purpose.

Here's a little quote excerpt from " The Set of the Sail " by A.W. Tozer

My heart was hot within me; while I was musing, the fire burned. Then I spoke with my tongue.

— Psalm 39:3​

Prayer among evangelical Christians is always in danger of degenerating into a glorified gold rush. Almost every book on prayer deals with the "get" element mainly. How to get things we want from God occupies most of the space. Now, we gladly admit that we may ask for and receive specific gifts and benefits in answer to prayer, but we must never forget that the highest kind of prayer is never the making of requests. Prayer at its holiest moment is the entering into God to a place of such blessed union as makes miracles seem tame and remarkable answers to prayer appear something very far short of wonderful by comparison.

Holy men of soberer and quieter times than ours knew well the power of silence. David said, "I was dumb with silence. I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred. My heart was hot within me; while I was musing the fire burned; then spake I with my tongue." There is a tip here for God's modern prophets. The heart seldom gets hot while the mouth is open. A closed mouth before God and silent heart are indispensable for the reception of certain kinds of truth. No man is qualified to speak who has not first listened.

And here's another excerpt from "Success and The Christian" by A.W. Tozer.

[size="-1"]"When I am praying the most eloquently, I am getting the least accomplished in my prayer life. But when I stop getting eloquent and give God less theology and shut up and just gaze upward and wait for God to speak to my heart He speaks with such power that I have to grab a pencil and a notebook and take notes on what God is saying to my heart."

[/size]

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Thank you Jiggyfly for that insight from Tozer. Still in the original OP we are told to pray, but God decides anyway.

I don't think Tozer covers this one unless I am just being anal. It could be me.

I believe I have already received it. That is the condition to getting the Answer.

Now if I pray that my leaders are going to make Godly decisions, (Apparent will of God) and my Leaders are hard headed, and do not listen to God, even though God dealt with them time and time again because we were praying in faith. Then even though God answered Prayer, and God did respond, yet men did not. Could that mean men have their own will? and does that mean that everything that happens is not the will of God?

So, Like you stated, I put myself in position to receive the blessing (Align myself with God's Will) (Like my hide getting saved) because I obeyed scripture with prayer?

Am I missing something?

Be blessed

Jesus Is Lord.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Thats pretty much it, but maybe we're missing what God's will is exactly concerning America, her governing agents and her people. Is it possible that Obama is already doing God's will concerning America? How ever things play out God is victorious in the end and His will and purpose is accomplished. If man's will overpowers God's will than God is not sovereign.

In the end if we are not personally aligned with God's purpose and plan, we will be found resisting it but we haven't prevented God's will from coming to pass. This IMO is the key purpose of prayer.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Is it possible that Obama is already doing God's will concerning America

I believe He is, certain things have to take place concerning the End, (If it is close as every one says.) and that is why I just Pray for the president, because the Hand of the Lord turns the king wherever He wants. That is why, there is not reason to get upset at the man. He is also going to appeal that prayer decision.

Be Blessed.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Texas is going to get out of the Union first.

Then the rest over the process of time shall divide into 3 different Nations.

The United States of America will emerge into 4 different Nations.

I predict this shall come to pass...in the process of time.

I have read predictions of secession which are generally supposed to begin from five to seven years from now (now being 2010).
Your statement of prophecy of nuclear or pseudo-nuclear attacks upon America do not jive with predictions of secession.

An attack upon the USA (or any other country) has the general effect of causing the population to support its government, no matter how oppressive that government may be.

This is one of the reasons why many folks believe that 9/11 was an inside job.
The purpose of the attacks that day, or so the scenarios go, was to cause Americans to support the adventures of the Federal government.
What has happened since that terrible day? Restrictions upon the American people, economic disaster and escalation of foreign wars and entanglements.
It is certainly a good argument for a fake attack on 9/11.

Let's manipulate the idea slightly.
Assuming that the Federal government saw its power being usurped by seceeding states might it not be tempted to bomb our own people in the attempt to regain support for its failed policies? Those who think that such a thing is too ridiculous to contemplate are hiding in their own naievete.

I write as one who survived a CIA attempt to kill myself and my comrades in arms in an effort to obtain foreign advantage. Nevertheless I find that the logic of predictions favoring a second wave of American secession do not agree with prophecies of bombings to secure support of our corrupt government.

Forget about the illogic of politics. You cannot have circumstances that support two actions that are opposed to one another. You cannot predict foreign bombings and secession in the same time period. Human nature will not allow it to happen. Things just don't work that way.

One thing is certain. Everybody wants to be a prophet. Few are able to pay the price and it is a heavy price indeed.

The Bible indicates that God is interested in reconciliation. It's not about our country.

Hamster

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
I'm not American, I myself am Canadian. And take this as you will. But I prayed to God A couple days before the announcement of the Presidential winner. And God told me that Obama was going to be president to do the things which will bring the end closer.

I don't know exactly how or anything like that.

But it makes me think of How God used Pagan Nations for his will.

Also concerning Canada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuo6ofP6bhQ

Again, take this as you will, but it seems he will raise Canada up as a nation who loves him.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
When you consider the fact that the most important day for Americans is a "heathen" holiday that God warned against ... And that MILLIONS of unborn humans have been slaughtered by medical heroes ... Where does that leave America?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
When you consider the fact that the most important day for Americans is a "heathen" holiday that God warned against ... And that MILLIONS of unborn humans have been slaughtered by medical heroes ... Where does that leave America?

It's a trend these days to hate the United States. There is no more evil going on within these borders than in any other country on the face of this earth. To single out a particular people for a certain reason is absurd.

The idea that the US was ever a Christian nation itself is completely absurd and completely misunderstood.

Yet over and over, I see these so called prophets claiming the destruction of the US, I see many Christians wishing the destruction of the US.

Blood Thristy Unforgiving Unmerciful Snakes! Not one prays for mercy! Not one desires mercy! They want to see blood, and vengance! What do you want vengance for? Someone elses sins? Your sins? How quickly people want destruction to come. Pharisees! You're the same! You desire blood and death and destruction of those who you view are greater sinners than you! Why desire the destruction of the wicked over their repentence?

In that they should repent!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's a trend these days to hate the United States. There is no more evil going on within these borders than in any other country on the face of this earth. To single out a particular people for a certain reason is absurd.

The idea that the US was ever a Christian nation itself is completely absurd and completely misunderstood.

Yet over and over, I see these so called prophets claiming the destruction of the US, I see many Christians wishing the destruction of the US.

Blood Thristy Unforgiving Unmerciful Snakes! Not one prays for mercy! Not one desires mercy! They want to see blood, and vengance! What do you want vengance for? Someone elses sins? Your sins? How quickly people want destruction to come. Pharisees! You're the same! You desire blood and death and destruction of those who you view are greater sinners than you! Why desire the destruction of the wicked over their repentence?

Why the chip on your shoulder? I don't hate the US. I don't want God to destroy the US. The fact is that we are living in the time of THE END and God is going to deal very harshly with this world. Your comments are uncalled for.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Yes, it is the trend to fume against the United States. Even our own citizens do so.

Why?

I think the root of it is a sense of betrayal. We've been betrayed by our political leaders, our economic leaders, our military leaders, our corporate leaders and even our spiritual leaders.

Treason is everywhere.

Nobody in America cares about it happening in S.A. or Europe or Russia or wherever. We care that it's happening HERE and NOW.

There is a great deal of mounting anger about it and the point is that justice is demanded.

Your point is well made that the anger is misdirected, but you don't recognize the reason for the outrage.
Repentance of the wicked is indeed to be preferred over their destruction, but mercy dies when thieves and liars take the reins of society.

Our families, our fortunes and our sacred faith is under attack.
Shall we pray only or shall we engage in the struggle? That is the issue at hand.
There is "a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace."
Ecc 3:8

We ARE at war today. God help us all.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes, it is the trend to fume against the United States. Even our own citizens do so.

Why?

I think the root of it is a sense of betrayal. We've been betrayed by our political leaders, our economic leaders, our military leaders, our corporate leaders and even our spiritual leaders.

Treason is everywhere.

Nobody in America cares about it happening in S.A. or Europe or Russia or wherever. We care that it's happening HERE and NOW.

There is a great deal of mounting anger about it and the point is that justice is demanded.

Your point is well made that the anger is misdirected, but you don't recognize the reason for the outrage.
Repentance of the wicked is indeed to be preferred over their destruction, but mercy dies when thieves and liars take the reins of society.

Our families, our fortunes and our sacred faith is under attack.
Shall we pray only or shall we engage in the struggle? That is the issue at hand.
There is "a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace."
Ecc 3:8

We ARE at war today. God help us all.
God is the One who demands justice. And it will soon come. Not only the USA but the whole world. Don't take it so personally.

2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; [sup]5 [/sup]and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; [sup]6 [/sup]and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
God is the One who demands justice. And it will soon come. Not only the USA but the whole world. Don't take it so personally.

This is an example of what I mean when I refer to the attitude of hiding in the sand.

We cannot leave it all up to God, for He has given us responsibility in the affairs of our families, our communities and our country.
Shall we continue to pollute the earth and sit idly back and say that God will clean it up?
Shall we continue to allow brutality and human degradation of every sort and wait for God to fix it?
Shall we sit idly by when sin is everywhere and say it's not our problem?

The only person who doesn't take such things personally is dead; mentally, spiritually and nearly physically.
Don't quote scripture about current events - save it for engraving on your tombstone.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
This is an example of what I mean when I refer to the attitude of hiding in the sand.

We cannot leave it all up to God, for He has given us responsibility in the affairs of our families, our communities and our country.
Shall we continue to pollute the earth and sit idly back and say that God will clean it up?
Shall we continue to allow brutality and human degradation of every sort and wait for God to fix it?
Shall we sit idly by when sin is everywhere and say it's not our problem?

The only person who doesn't take such things personally is dead; mentally, spiritually and nearly physically.
Don't quote scripture about current events - save it for engraving on your tombstone.
If you really believe this world is going to survive you will SOON be sorely disappointed. Nothing can save this world. Jesus will save some of the people. But this world is doomed. Why do you think Jesus taught us about the signs of THE END? Tis the season.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; [sup]5 [/sup]and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; [sup]6 [/sup]and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, MAKING THEM AN EXAMPLE to those who afterward would live ungodly;

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
[font="arial][size="2"]America! America!
God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law.
[/size][/font]
Ain't gonna happen.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: [sup]2 [/sup]For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [sup]3 [/sup]unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, [sup]4 [/sup]traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, [sup]5 [/sup]having a form of godliness but denying its power.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Ain't gonna happen.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: [sup]2 [/sup]For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [sup]3 [/sup]unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, [sup]4 [/sup]traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, [sup]5 [/sup]having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Your opinion is noted and your attitude known.

[font="arial]America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
Till selfish gain no longer stain
The banner of the free! [/font]