Please pray for America ***Warning****

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God is not going to save this world as you desire. He is going to destroy it, SOON. The resurrection of the Nation of Israel is a warning of the nearness THE END.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
Till nobler men keep once again
Thy whiter jubilee!

The United States that is remembered by those who were born prior to 1950 is dead.
Ask them if you doubt the words written here.

I am one of their number and can truthfully testify that only the empty shell of that marvelous country now remains.
The economic power has been gone since 1985, US military power is a mere shadow of its former glory.
The rule of law is a joke as the Constitution has been shredded into tiny bits which are all but unrecognizeable.
Christianity, which was once a respected and acknowledged way of life, is under attack everywhere.

The United States today is not the land that your song sings about.

Here are the words for a new song; study them.

"Most men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty."
Thomas Jefferson, 1796

"The role of government is to rein in the rights of the people."
- Bill Clinton

'There ought to be limits to freedom.'
--Presidential candidate George W. Bush in a press conference at the Texas State House, May 21, 1999

"Those who have known freedom and lost it have never known it again."
Ronald Reagan 01/05/67

"I hate...your festivals, says the Lord, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies"
Amos 5:21
I will send a famine on the land: not a famine of bread, or a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord
Amos 8:11

Read well and consider this; God does not hear prayers for America any more.

Want proof?

For the past forty or fifty years - let's just say fifty it's a nice round number - people have called for prayer to God on behalf of the good ole' USA.

What prayers do they pray?

They ask God for wisdom for our leaders and for healing for our land.

OK so where is it? When will it arrive? Tell me dreamer! Answer the question!
We've been waiting FIFTY (50) years now. You'd think something positive would have happend by now.

It isn't here and it ain't comin' because God refuses to answer those prayers.
We do NOT see an increase in wisdom among our leaders. Rather we see an increase in FOOLISHNESS and ARROGANCE.
We do NOT see healing in our land. Instead we're seeing increasing division, an economy on the verge of collapse, political and religious divisivensss, and immorality on a scale unheard of in history.

Tell me if I'm right or wrong here, or stick your head in the sand and whisper the lyrics to a tired patriotic oldy (that few can identify any more BTW).

The United States is under the judgment of God, that's why those prayers aren't answered. The judgment isn't HIV or Katrina, it's foolishness and military arrogance.
WE THE PEOPLE, have denied the wisdom of God, and our sentence is to drink the vintage of foolishness.
WE THE PEOPLE, have denied the power and protection of God and have substituted our military to police the world on our behalf. Our sentence is to be drunk on war.

" Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, 'You are too arrogant. If you don't change your ways I will rise up and break the back bone of your power.'"

Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (circa 1967)

God is smiting the United States of America with judgment. The only song HE will hear is one of repentance and a humble request for forgiveness.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The United States that is remembered by those who were born prior to 1950 is dead.
Ask them if you doubt the words written here.

I am one of their number and can truthfully testify that only the empty shell of that marvelous country now remains.
The economic power has been gone since 1985, US military power is a mere shadow of its former glory.
The rule of law is a joke as the Constitution has been shredded into tiny bits which are all but unrecognizeable.
Christianity, which was once a respected and acknowledged way of life, is under attack everywhere.

The United States today is not the land that your song sings about.

Here are the words for a new song; study them.

"Most men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty."
Thomas Jefferson, 1796

"The role of government is to rein in the rights of the people."
- Bill Clinton

'There ought to be limits to freedom.'
--Presidential candidate George W. Bush in a press conference at the Texas State House, May 21, 1999

"Those who have known freedom and lost it have never known it again."
Ronald Reagan 01/05/67

"I hate...your festivals, says the Lord, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies"
Amos 5:21
I will send a famine on the land: not a famine of bread, or a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord
Amos 8:11

Read well and consider this; God does not hear prayers for America any more.

Want proof?

For the past forty or fifty years - let's just say fifty it's a nice round number - people have called for prayer to God on behalf of the good ole' USA.

What prayers do they pray?

They ask God for wisdom for our leaders and for healing for our land.

OK so where is it? When will it arrive? Tell me dreamer! Answer the question!
We've been waiting FIFTY (50) years now. You'd think something positive would have happend by now.

It isn't here and it ain't comin' because God refuses to answer those prayers.
We do NOT see an increase in wisdom among our leaders. Rather we see an increase in FOOLISHNESS and ARROGANCE.
We do NOT see healing in our land. Instead we're seeing increasing division, an economy on the verge of collapse, political and religious divisivensss, and immorality on a scale unheard of in history.

Tell me if I'm right or wrong here, or stick your head in the sand and whisper the lyrics to a tired patriotic oldy (that few can identify any more BTW).

The United States is under the judgment of God, that's why those prayers aren't answered. The judgment isn't HIV or Katrina, it's foolishness and military arrogance.
WE THE PEOPLE, have denied the wisdom of God, and our sentence is to drink the vintage of foolishness.
WE THE PEOPLE, have denied the power and protection of God and have substituted our military to police the world on our behalf. Our sentence is to be drunk on war.

" Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, 'You are too arrogant. If you don't change your ways I will rise up and break the back bone of your power.'"

Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (circa 1967)

God is smiting the United States of America with judgment. The only song HE will hear is one of repentance and a humble request for forgiveness.

Actually it's a poem and I say it as a prayer, but seems it riles some here to talk about grace and mercy. Kinda reminds me of some I read about in the scriptures.

But if you are that unhappy in America please by all means MOVE away. Who is holding you here?

While it is true that we see more and more foolishness and arrogance it is not just in America it is everywhere and all mankind, even your post is arrogant. So again why don't you move away???

America! America!
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Actually it's a poem and I say it as a prayer, but seems it riles some here to talk about grace and mercy. Kinda reminds me of some I read about in the scriptures.

But if you are that unhappy in America please by all means MOVE away. Who is holding you here?

While it is true that we see more and more foolishness and arrogance it is not just in America it is everywhere and all mankind, even your post is arrogant. So again why don't you move away???

America! America!
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

Grace and mercy are for individuals. God does not have mercy on organizations.
The thread is about a country; the US. You need to know the difference.

Move away?

Not possible. Something else you probably weren't aware of. Emigration policies for all industrialized nations are extremely restrictive.
In any case, are you now saying that emigration is the answer for divine judgment upon America?

The true answer is repentance from the heart, not endless repititions of old songs, poems or ceremonies.

If my post is arrogant, then so are the prophets of old. They too predicted judgment upon their country. Are they also arrogant or are they echoing the intentions of God?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Grace and mercy are for individuals. God does not have mercy on organizations.
The thread is about a country; the US. You need to know the difference.

Have you ever read in the OT any of these scriptures?

I will tell of the LORD's unfailing love. I will praise the LORD for all he has done. I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel, which he has granted according to his mercy and love. Isa. 63:7

"Is not Israel still my son, my darling child?" asks the LORD. "I had to punish him, but I still love him. I long for him and surely will have mercy on him. Jer. 31:20

"So now the Sovereign LORD says: I will end the captivity of my people; I will have mercy on Israel, for I am jealous for my holy reputation! Eze. 39:25

Move away?

Not possible. Something else you probably weren't aware of. Emigration policies for all industrialized nations are extremely restrictive.
In any case, are you now saying that emigration is the answer for divine judgment upon America?

My statement was not to you specifically sorry for not specifying this. Those who live in America and trash America and put America down the answer is simple just move away. I never mentioned anything about emigration that was your own concoction.

The true answer is repentance from the heart, not endless repititions of old songs, poems or ceremonies.

Was it wrong for Moses, Isaiah or Jeremiah? Is it wrong to ask for mercy and grace in place of just punishment?

If my post is arrogant, then so are the prophets of old. They too predicted judgment upon their country. Are they also arrogant or are they echoing the intentions of God?

You actually compare yourself with the prophets in the OT? They also prayed and asked God for mercy.

Shouldn't you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?' Matt. 18:33

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
According to you everyone will be saved anyway, so what does it matter??? We can do whatever we want and still be saved, according to you.

No I have never said that and here again you give a good example of your nack. Many will go through "fire" and punishment to be purged and cleansed of wrong thinking and attitude before submitting to Christ But in the end all are reconciled just as the scriptures declare. God is just and merciful. But i'm sure you will miss the point again,lol. Prayin for you Duckky.
smile.gif

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No I have never said that and here again you give a good example of your nack. Many will go through "fire" and punishment to be purged and cleansed of wrong thinking and attitude before submitting to Christ But in the end all are reconciled just as the scriptures declare. God is just and merciful. But i'm sure you will miss the point again,lol. Prayin for you Duckky.
smile.gif
In other words let's party. God will save us anyway, according to you. Not according to the Bible though.

Matthew 12:31-32 (NKJV)
[sup]31 [/sup]"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. [sup]32 [/sup]Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Unfortunately America has been shaking it's fist in the Face of it's Creator. The Lord has blessed this Nation i such away that we have been able to feed the World besides ourselves. Even though 85% of Americans claim to be Christian, the 15% that do not have managed to take prayer and the Bible out of our schools and most other public places. Since the removal of the Lord from the public eye, we've got abortion, same sex marriage, and homosexual tolerance in the schools and major corporations. The Church of Jesus Christ must take some of the blame. Many Christians have choosen to remain quiet about the things of God being removed from our daily lives here in America. Hollywood has been serving as Satin's PR Firm. Churches too busy competeing with each other, instead of battling the evil one. The Lord dealt serverely with Isreal when they went to false gods and turned their backs to the Lord and today America is doing the same. America has told the Lord "we don't need You Lord". The Lord being the gentleman that He is may might just pull His protective Hand from us for awhile to cause many to turn back to Him . This why Christians must pray that America repents and turn from it's evil ways and also answer to the Lord's "Great Commission". I pray that the Lord will gives us all bold hearts to give witness, and call America to repent. Will you join me and others calling on the Lord for boldness to speak out and call America to repentance?

Our nation's sin is arrogance and passive indifference in the face of the Almighty.

For our arrogance we are being allowed to wallow in our own foolishness. The wisdom of God to save us has been denied to our leaders. Look at them. They all stumble around like a man who has been hit in the head with a bat. We are drunk on war and our military will be allowed to expand to the point where it will fail massively. For the rest, God is a simple ornament. An object like others to give little more than occasional attention.

According to a recent Gallup Poll only 43% of professing Christians attend church on a regular basis.
Most pastors doubt the veracity of that number since it has been shown that polling subjects do tend to exaggerate answers from sex to salvation.
David T. Olson has published other figures based upon actual head count. That statistic reveals that approximately 18% of Christians attend church regularly.

Coincidentally, both the Gallup Poll and Mr. Olson's results indicate that by 2050 the number will drop to less than 10%.

I have been writing and shouting loud and long of the need for America to repent. All it seems to do is moderately disturb someone's nap.

I fear that by the time America wakes up to smell the coffee, someone will have stolen the dishes.