Please pray for my family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JESUS'S warrior

Dec 27, 2021
Taliparamba
Faith
Christian
Country
India
My father , mother and brother are facing individual problems. All of them are almost depressed. But since they are not sharing their feelings, there is always conflict and fight at home. If only they had once sat and shared everything. Its full of misunderstandings and ego. I am the youngest in the family and watching each of them having a hard mental breakdown time is making me depressed. I don't think I can handle it anymore. That is why I came to such a forum to ask everyone to pray for my family with me. The three of them tells me all of their feelings , but never cares to hear about each others. I don't know what to do and how to sort out this. My family is almost on the verge of destruction . I know only Jesus can help my family. Please do pray for us and make our family love each other without any misunderstandings and lead a happy life at least for a while

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like you're in a tough situation that is relatable. I'm the youngest in my family too so I often felt the burden of wanting there to be peace and to lighten things up.

I became the peacemaker/comedienne to help everyone be happy.

The best way I believe is to lead by example. If you are depressed yourself, it's hard to influence others to be happy. But continue to work on your own issues so that your family can see it and be influenced for the better.

Take all of your worries and cares to the Lord. Talk to Him. Leave them with the Lord and do it again as many times as you need to. Trust that He hears you and is working on each of your loved ones.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My father , mother and brother are facing individual problems. All of them are almost depressed. But since they are not sharing their feelings, there is always conflict and fight at home. If only they had once sat and shared everything. Its full of misunderstandings and ego. I am the youngest in the family and watching each of them having a hard mental breakdown time is making me depressed. I don't think I can handle it anymore. That is why I came to such a forum to ask everyone to pray for my family with me. The three of them tells me all of their feelings , but never cares to hear about each others. I don't know what to do and how to sort out this. My family is almost on the verge of destruction . I know only Jesus can help my family. Please do pray for us and make our family love each other without any misunderstandings and lead a happy life at least for a while

Hello and welcome here, I'm sorry to hear of the division in your household. Is your family also Christian sister?
Praying for you and this situation right now.
Gods blessings and strength to you sister!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like you're in a tough situation that is relatable. I'm the youngest in my family too so I often felt the burden of wanting there to be peace and to lighten things up.

The best way I believe is to lead by example. If you are depressed yourself, it's hard to influence others to be happy. But continue to work on your own issues so that your family can see it and be influenced for the better.

Take all of your worries and cares to the Lord. Talk to Him. Leave them with the Lord and do it again as many times as you need to. Trust that He hears you and is working on each of your loved ones.

Perfect advice Wynona, the only REAL way!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joining in prayer here for you and your family!

JESUS'S warrior

Dec 27, 2021
Taliparamba
Faith
Christian
Country
India

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Father I pray for reconciliation with this family. Please give them kind and forgiving hearts to be able to work out their differences. If cut offs have to be made in order for healthy boundaries, I pray this is done prayerfully and carefully. Please comfort Jesus warrior and strengthen her in this time. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Jesus warrior
Welcome to the forum..
Sounds like they are off loading onto you and you are in the middle of everything, not an easy place to be x.
I have been in this situation with my own children and it can be heart wrenching. You want there to be peace and you want everyone to get on, and sometimes it can be because you want and desire peace for yourself.
Things still throw me, but one thing I have done over the years is give each of my children to the Lord, and let go of believing that I am responsible for sorting out everything.
That’s where trust comes in, you share what they share with you with the Lord, letting go and giving it to him to carry rather than you…….you resolve in your own heart that the problems are too big for you. The Lord often takes me back to proverbs 3:5-6 …..we see only a small part of what is truly going on, the Lord sees the much bigger problem. Sometimes things have to break to be repaired. Don’t be afraid of the conflict, pray that the Lord will use it all. Be ‘in the gap ‘ for your family and see it as a ministry rather than a burden.
Answers do not come instantly, but over the years I have see much damage repaired in relationships.
Much love
Rita xx

JESUS'S warrior

Dec 27, 2021
Taliparamba
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Hi Jesus warrior
Welcome to the forum..
Sounds like they are off loading onto you and you are in the middle of everything, not an easy place to be x.
I have been in this situation with my own children and it can be heart wrenching. You want there to be peace and you want everyone to get on, and sometimes it can be because you want and desire peace for yourself.
Things still throw me, but one thing I have done over the years is give each of my children to the Lord, and let go of believing that I am responsible for sorting out everything.
That’s where trust comes in, you share what they share with you with the Lord, letting go and giving it to him to carry rather than you…….you resolve in your own heart that the problems are too big for you. The Lord often takes me back to proverbs 3:5-6 …..we see only a small part of what is truly going on, the Lord sees the much bigger problem. Sometimes things have to break to be repaired. Don’t be afraid of the conflict, pray that the Lord will use it all. Be ‘in the gap ‘ for your family and see it as a ministry rather than a burden.
Answers do not come instantly, but over the years I have see much damage repaired in relationships.
Much love
Rita xx
Thank you so much for the advice

Reactions: amadeus