Please Pray for My Mom!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh btw ~ She did have a drip put in x2 [sub cut line] but pulled them out both times. Still not drinking enough fluids but much better than before.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I hope your mom has taken to the new food and is eating again. Continuing to pray, complete healing and many more years in Jesus name!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praise God!

For He is gracious and merciful, and He will provide. He will give strength, He will give grace and love.

May His perfect will be done, both in and through each of you, for His Name and Glory's sake.

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks everyone! Hi @charity . Sorry I have not been around for awhile. My internet has been down for 2 weeks and I am sure, by the hand of God.
Here's an update of your prayer support for my mom at the moment. I had been struggling for the last 3 weeks, trying to convince her to eat and drink because she had made up her mind that she was going to depart this earth. Now I really struggled with this because on the one hand, she wanted to go but on the other hand, I took into account her having slight dementia but God settled my heart with the story of King David. When he prayed for his son who he had with Bathsheba. David prayed till God made the decision and I felt moved to do the same for my mom even though the situation was completely different. This was the motivation he gave me and I believed that whatever happened, God's will be done. I went to the supermarket one day trying to think of something that she could eat that she would like since she has stopped eating a week prior and only sipping a minimal amount of water. While I was in the chilled section, I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to go to the baby food section, which I did and brought some choc yoghurt for 6+ babies [6 months old]. She didn't like it much but with a bit of prompting, she started eating a little. I actually told her that God told me to give it to her. This slowly grew over a number of days. My theory was that if I could cultivate her to eat, this would restore her appetite and it slowly began to show promise. The real game changer, if you will, came in a form of a dream where she had a vision after being awoken by a loud powerful voice. She told me she saw a man she believes was God, who told her that she needs to eat and drink, that her time was not up yet. Today she is eating more than she ever had previously. Her water intake is still a little low but she is drinking much more fluids and is more like her old self every day. Thank to all for your prayer support. I believe in the power of prayer [individual and corporate], in Jesus name and I believe in miracles. She still has a way to go but I am at peace about the whole situation now. Whether she lives in this earthly body a little longer or whether she goes to live with Jesus, may his name be glorified forever!! Thank you all!
  IMG]

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi Angelina,
I don't know what's wrong with your mother,
but my prayers are with you both and also your family.
These are difficult times.
We could be happy that God is by our side.
Lord may your will be done and may you give the healing that is necessary, be it physical or emotional. Stay close to Angelina and her mother and her family., as you said you would always be near us.
Amen.

Reactions: Angelina

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone! Hi @charity . Sorry I have not been around for awhile. My internet has been down for 2 weeks and I am sure, by the hand of God.
Here's an update of your prayer support for my mom at the moment. I had been struggling for the last 3 weeks, trying to convince her to eat and drink because she had made up her mind that she was going to depart this earth. Now I really struggled with this because on the one hand, she wanted to go but on the other hand, I took into account her having slight dementia but God settled my heart with the story of King David. When he prayed for his son who he had with Bathsheba. David prayed till God made the decision and I felt moved to do the same for my mom even though the situation was completely different. This was the motivation he gave me and I believed that whatever happened, God's will be done. I went to the supermarket one day trying to think of something that she could eat that she would like since she has stopped eating a week prior and only sipping a minimal amount of water. While I was in the chilled section, I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to go to the baby food section, which I did and brought some choc yoghurt for 6+ babies [6 months old]. She didn't like it much but with a bit of prompting, she started eating a little. I actually told her that God told me to give it to her. This slowly grew over a number of days. My theory was that if I could cultivate her to eat, this would restore her appetite and it slowly began to show promise. The real game changer, if you will, came in a form of a dream where she had a vision after being awoken by a loud powerful voice. She told me she saw a man she believes was God, who told her that she needs to eat and drink, that her time was not up yet. Today she is eating more than she ever had previously. Her water intake is still a little low but she is drinking much more fluids and is more like her old self every day. Thank to all for your prayer support. I believe in the power of prayer [individual and corporate], in Jesus name and I believe in miracles. She still has a way to go but I am at peace about the whole situation now. Whether she lives in this earthly body a little longer or whether she goes to live with Jesus, may his name be glorified forever!! Thank you all!
  IMG]

Hi there.
I did elder care for both of my parents, I know what the roller coaster emotions can be like that go with it. Mine went went the 90's, my mum being 99.
Two years ago I needed surgery...Acalasia...I bet you have never heard of it. :) ( I couldn't swallow .) My daughter started me on baby food. It kept my weight and strength up until my surgery date arrived.
Try your mum on "Gerber's Baby Rice Cereal." I loved it and got totally addicted to it! It is wonderful, try her on that. Just boil the kettle and make it as thick or thin as she likes. Done in seconds.
Also I got addicted to the Heinz Baby Peaches...and lots more. Hey re the Rice Cereal...make sure you buy the "with water"...my husband accidentally bought home one box which said in small writing " Just Add breast milk"... It tasted awful as I obviously used water...so make sure you get the 'Add water'.

Confessing time...it has been two years since my Acalasia surgery...and I am STILL hooked on Gerbers Rice Cereal!! :) I still have a bowl a day.
One time I was tempted in the thread " What did you have for dinner" to be honest and say- " I just ate a bowl of Gerber's Rice Cereal"..but pride kept me from it. :D

As for your mum dementia ...I wish I had known what I know now, when she was alive. The lady in this link below turned things totally around brain-wise for her poor husband who had Alzheimers...He got his brain back for 8 years.
If it works for Alzheimers it works for Dementia too...any brain-fog. :)
Coconut Oil. It even tastes good, ..well at least pleasant.
Dr. Mary Newport, Alzheimer's Disease: What If There Was A Cure?

Be blessed...Helen

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is not looking very good. Not eating or drinking now. Growing tired of fighting. She may have to have a drip put in. Please pray for a healing according to God's will. Thank you! xox
We will be in prayer for your mom Angelina, For the above:

"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. Always In The Name of Jesus Christ, from The Crown of her Head To The Soles of Her Feet, and we Thank You Father for everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and Angelina

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
  IMG]

Well great to see prayers being answered, thanks for the report

Reactions: Angelina

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can only imagine how difficult this is for you, however I am pleased the Lord is guiding you through this; He never leaves us in the wilderness.

Lord,

Watch over @Angelina's mother; show her that she needs water and food, baby steps are fine and you know the route.
Ensure that Angelia gets the support she needs at this terribly difficult time; she needs strength and reassurance.
Keep giving the family the support and the vision to make the best choices; we surrender to you as we know only you knows what is right for us.

In Jesus name,

Amen!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you so much for your prayers. You are a blessing! My mom is back to normal. God has divinely intervened and she been healed and given a new zeal for life. Praise the Lord! Glory to God!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your prayers. You are a blessing! My mom is back to normal. God has divinely intervened and she been healed and given a new zeal for life. Praise the Lord! Glory to God!
Give God the glory!