please pray ill overcome gaming addiction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm addicted to video games and i almost never make time for God or the Bible because of it. whenevr i try, i either aren't motivated at all or get very bad intrusive thoughts becuase of the evil contents of the games i play that keep me from it. alot of the games i play have very mature content and often even occult content and so i get very bad thoughts from the enemy because of that. plz pray ill learn to control my desires and find real fulfillment in life and in God.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm addicted to video games and i almost never make time for God or the Bible because of it. whenevr i try, i either aren't motivated at all or get very bad intrusive thoughts becuase of the evil contents of the games i play that keep me from it. alot of the games i play have very mature content and often even occult content and so i get very bad thoughts from the enemy because of that. plz pray ill learn to control my desires and find real fulfillment in life and in God.

Praying for you now brother...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you as well!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of things came to my mind as I read this.

As for reading the Bible, we should all read the Bible, cover to cover, at least once. That should be done as soon as possible. Once you've done that, I wouldn't worry about finding large amounts of time to read the Bible each day. I'll read out of Psalms a little each morning, but that's about it.

It does trouble me what you said about a lot of games you play having very mature content. I don't know exactly what you mean by that, but it could be a source of serious trouble.

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan

Heavenly Father, please help him to have a heart for You again Jesus. Please let him not put anything above You Lord. Please give him wisdom and peace and a good willing spirit we ask and trust in Your goodness and power. In Jesus' name we pray Amen.

I know exactly what you mean. I played those games and it leads me to sin all the time. After God helped me, I was reading my Bible more and then eventually the desire the games went away. It will help to find other alternative good healthy hobbies like writting, blogging, or something else. Or find a better, cleaner game. I still play Minecraft from time to time but I dont' do the enchanting of items because of the spells and junk. I fear that will invite demons in my mind and life and I don't want it. God bless you my friend. You can do it.