Please Read: Christianity Board Update

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saddened to inform you guys that the email account which was linked to our vBulletin license was hacked on Sunday. The attacker apparently took advantage of a password that was not strong enough and gained access to my email account to try and transfer this vBulletin license to his website. However, there is also the chance that the license was hacked via another means, and at this point, it's not entirely clear.Either way, vBulletin has treated us horribly and we have lost the license. While I cannot get a clear answer on the matter, apparently they suspend the license if a hacker gains access to the download and puts it up somewhere. The way they have acted does not make a lot of sense, but they've been highly unprofessional to me. It comes down to we have less than 30 days to either purchase a new license or get off of the existing one.At this point, we're down over $200 in value because of the license. I refuse to purchase another license since their security procedures are so very poor. They are basically making money off of our misfortune. We're pretty much forced into finding other software. The open source arena looked promising, but none of the avenues give me an option to fully and safely convert our forum.This leaves us with one alternative, which will cost approximately $210 to purchase the installation and let them handle the conversion. Now I have made it a policy from day one never to ask for money, and I've pooled my money into this forum alongside Kriss's help as well as some private donations from members. That was the intention all along and it will remain such. However, this unforseen event has really hit at a bad time. If anyone would like to help, I am open to it. Please contact me if you'd like to donate some money to us through Paypal or another means. I am not asking nor begging, but the help would be used and highly appreciated.Otherwise, we need all the prayer we can get that this works out! I know it will, but prayer never hurts!Thanks for reading, we'll get this worked out one way or another.Yours in Christ,Denver

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Denver;31100)
I'm saddened to inform you guys that the email account which was linked to our vBulletin license was hacked on Sunday. The attacker apparently took advantage of a password that was not strong enough and gained access to my email account to try and transfer this vBulletin license to his website. However, there is also the chance that the license was hacked via another means, and at this point, it's not entirely clear.Either way, vBulletin has treated us horribly and we have lost the license. While I cannot get a clear answer on the matter, apparently they suspend the license if a hacker gains access to the download and puts it up somewhere. The way they have acted does not make a lot of sense, but they've been highly unprofessional to me. It comes down to we have less than 30 days to either purchase a new license or get off of the existing one.At this point, we're down over $200 in value because of the license. I refuse to purchase another license since their security procedures are so very poor. They are basically making money off of our misfortune. We're pretty much forced into finding other software. The open source arena looked promising, but none of the avenues give me an option to fully and safely convert our forum.This leaves us with one alternative, which will cost approximately $210 to purchase the installation and let them handle the conversion. Now I have made it a policy from day one never to ask for money, and I've pooled my money into this forum alongside Kriss's help as well as some private donations from members. That was the intention all along and it will remain such. However, this unforseen event has really hit at a bad time. If anyone would like to help, I am open to it. Please contact me if you'd like to donate some money to us through Paypal or another means. I am not asking nor begging, but the help would be used and highly appreciated.Otherwise, we need all the prayer we can get that this works out! I know it will, but prayer never hurts!Thanks for reading, we'll get this worked out one way or another.Yours in Christ,Denver
Invision Power Board maybe? Well, I guess I have to save my work now, so I can repost them without typing a long response. Denver, you do know where to get me without a problem. It sucks though, I hope we all can meet again in another forum.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Dont give up Jag we can get through this if anybody has got even an extra $5 or $10 dollars we can make it and for those that dont have any money you can say a prayer we'll find it. $210 is not a fortune.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;31104)
Dont give up Jag we can get through this if anybody has got even an extra $5 or $10 dollars we can make it and for those that dont have any money you can say a prayer we'll find it. $210 is not a fortune.
Well, I'm not exactly giving up on this, but however if this goes down...I can copy and paste my hard work I put forth onto giving Truth, instead of re-looking it for it and take a hour for me to post it.May I ask a question? What is a Paypal? and how does it work? I'm curious on it.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It an online banking service where you can transfer money from one bank to anotheryou'll have to ask Denver for more info on it

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
:pray4: Let's pray ! Dear Heavenly Father, you see this situation. You know the purpose of this forum and we come to you with humble hearts, forgive our sins and show us the right way. Give Denver and Kriss special anointing, Holy Spirit power,wisdom and srenght. If this is your will, we're already thanking for positive outcome, that the system will even be better one. Dear God, lead us the right people to help with this licence thing. Our trust is in You Lord, without you we can't do anything. May everything be to your glory, AMEN

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
This is one of those times where I wish I had a credit card
smile.gif
I'll be prayingyour brother in christRyan Fitz

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I can contribute, and $210 would not be hard to raise. I am tempted to do it all myself, but I think as Christians here we should all share the load (and show our faith). I'll commit to $20. this is a great board and I do not want to see anything happen to it.Denver: I will PM you for the details.Now..... to the business of hacking. Maybe I'm a little ignorant here, but let me get this straight. Someone committed a crime, and they are using the license for their web site, and nobody is going to catch this character? Is he out of this country or what? I can easily identify the owner of this web site----- and if its used on another one, the owner should not be hard to catch. The logic escapes me. It's about as senseless as steeling a cell phone. What's the use? They can be traced.As for the mentality of vBulletin, that's about the same illogic that I encounter with articles about the RIAA tactics (if I may rant a little). They always go after the little guy (usually a penniless single mother or old lady, and not a rich lawyer's kid) and put the blame for music downloading on the common guy, but do not go after the big-timers and software companies that make this possible. Always the "little guy's" fault. Ever notice that?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;31208)
I can contribute, and $210 would not be hard to raise. I am tempted to do it all myself, but I think as Christians here we should all share the load (and show our faith). I'll commit to $20. this is a great board and I do not want to see anything happen to it.Denver: I will PM you for the details.Now..... to the business of hacking. Maybe I'm a little ignorant here, but let me get this straight. Someone committed a crime, and they are using the license for their web site, and nobody is going to catch this character? Is he out of this country or what? I can easily identify the owner of this web site----- and if its used on another one, the owner should not be hard to catch. The logic escapes me. It's about as senseless as steeling a cell phone. What's the use? They can be traced.As for the mentality of vBulletin, that's about the same illogic that I encounter with articles about the RIAA tactics (if I may rant a little). They always go after the little guy (usually a penniless single mother or old lady, and not a rich lawyer's kid) and put the blame for music downloading on the common guy, but do not go after the big-timers and software companies that make this possible. Always the "little guy's" fault. Ever notice that?
Nice post tim_from_pa. In fact the true lesson here is. Always work wisely. Other words, Let's work together.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks all for your prayers!I finally was able to get a hold of someone who seemed to care and was more a part of the vBulletin I was familiar with. Since the other illegal website has been removed, they restored our license and seemed to actually listen in this instance. That's all I was asking for.We don't need any donations which makes me feel a whole lot better in the end. Thank you all again for your prayers, the volunteers, and the messages that we received. YHVH saw us through this one!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
smile.gif
Me am glad to hear that Denver. Back to normal.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Thank you God for answering our prayers. We love you ! God Bless you all !!!Love,Thunder1

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Thank you, Lord, for always providing our needs as we trust you in faith. Thanks for your diligence, Denver.
smile.gif