Please share your insights: Thank you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any helpful insight would be thanked, and thank you for taking time to view.
The discussion here is focusing on individual words rather than the significance of what is stated in that verse.

1. The Second Coming of Christ will be with "power and great glory". The glory of His Father is the glory of God. And it will be for judgment.

2. Christ will be accompanied by all His holy angels. Those are the only angels in Heaven right now. The evil angels along with Lucifer were cast out of God's Heaven a long time ago.

3. What is not stated here but is stated elsewhere is that Christ will also come with all His saints (redeemed ones) at this time. And that the appearance of the angels and the saints will be as brilliant clouds surrounding Christ.

4. The Greek word which is translated as saints is actually "holy ones" and in some places it also applies to angels. While there will be huge numbers surrounding Christ, it is Christ alone who will deal with His enemies by "the word of His mouth".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is a lot written about angels that are not in the KJV such as in The Book of Enoch which discusses the watchers who were commanded to watch over the humans...
In the Book of Enoch, the watchers (Aramaic עִירִין, iyrin) are angels dispatched to Earth to watch over the humans. They soon begin to lust for human women and, at the prodding of their leader Samyaza, defect en masse to illicitly instruct humanity and procreate among them....so these were supposed to be good angels but they defected.
This link is a good study about them.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECC8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3ZsTw3s9EgbxUYrzu2dB06

Years ago I had an angel appear to me and told me that Jesus loved me very much...stop straddling the fence...choose this day who you are going to serve...
That was pretty heavy....no sugar coating nothing...lol.
@Heart2Soul I do like the passage in Hebrews 1 which speaks of angels as 'ministering spirits, sent to minister to them that shall be heirs of salvation'.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The discussion here is focusing on individual words rather than the significance of what is stated in that verse.

1. The Second Coming of Christ will be with "power and great glory". The glory of His Father is the glory of God. And it will be for judgment.

2. Christ will be accompanied by all His holy angels. Those are the only angels in Heaven right now. The evil angels along with Lucifer were cast out of God's Heaven a long time ago.

3. What is not stated here but is stated elsewhere is that Christ will also come with all His saints (redeemed ones) at this time. And that the appearance of the angels and the saints will be as brilliant clouds surrounding Christ.

4. The Greek word which is translated as saints is actually "holy ones" and in some places it also applies to angels. While there will be huge numbers surrounding Christ, it is Christ alone who will deal with His enemies by "the word of His mouth".

Hello Enoch, thank you for sharing your insight.

You know upcoming verses from the scroll of Mark are also leading up the transfiguration as well, and you know to me seeing that Jesus transfiguration shows him in such a radiant light and it seems as though it is the glory of the Father in them being one together. Or showing something of beauty that will be in the afterlife ie: There being no need for the Sun for God will be the light that shines.

I am someone who believes that all of these things in Gospels have come to fruition already. Those heavenly angels might be people set apart for God to be used in some way. Maybe it is the angels in heaven.

I know for sure right now at this moment that I am unsure but will continue to do some research, or will just go on moving forward with Mark chapter 9.

I shared also in case anyone was curious more expandability if you are someone who likes to take on research for yourself extra scriptures in the original post that relate to each word.

Thank you again Enoch and everyone here for taking a moment of time out of your day!

God bless you and may you keep going in faith, friends in Christ.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Mar 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

There have been several other mentions of scripture that E-sword points me too. The first thing that needs to be addressed is Holy Angels. If you know what holy means already you will know that all holy means is set apart - different.

So we know that Holy - Set Apart - Angels will be coming when he comes in the glory of his Father.

Some may suggest that Angels are of heavenly form - however you can also consider them to be messengers of God too, as people who came proclaiming the Son of Man when he comes in the glory of his Father and the holy angels.

Could these holy angels be the messengers at the 7 Churches that received the letter from John which was the Revealing and soon to come wrath upon the Nation of Israel ? I am not so sure, but what are some of your thoughts on this.

Here are the extra scriptures provided by the Treasury of Scriptural knowledge that comes with the individual scripture Mark 8:38.

Any helpful insight would be thanked, and thank you for taking time to view.

Mark 8:38
ashamed: Mat 10:32-33; Luk 19:26, Luk 12:8-9; Act 5:41; Rom 1:16; Gal 6:14; 2Ti 1:8, 2Ti 1:12, 2Ti 1:16, 2Ti 2:12-13; Heb 11:26, Heb_12:2-3, Heb 13:13; 1Jn 2:23

adulterous: Mat 12:39, Mat 16:4; Jas 4:4

the Son: Mar 14:62; Dan 7:13; Mat 16:27, Mat 24:30, Mat 25:31, Mat 26:64; Joh 1:14, Joh 5:27, Joh 12:34

when: Deu 33:2; Dan 7:10; Zec 14:5; Mat 13:41; Joh 1:51; 1Th 1:7-8; Jud 1:14-15
If God could say to humans "Be Holy, therefore, because I am Holy" and earth is cursed but Heaven is pure, then I would assume that all (besides the fallen angels) are Holy.

So I am guessing if you are wondering which ones God would take with Him, I don't think specifics are mentioned.

You could look at Revelation 8:2.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If God could say to humans "Be Holy, therefore, because I am Holy" and earth is cursed but Heaven is pure, then I would assume that all besides the fallen angels are Holy.

So I am guessing if you are wondering which ones God would take with Him, I don't think specifics are mentioned.

You could look at Revelation 8:2.
@FluffyYellowDuck Regarding the holiness of God in the spiritual realm, I find it helpful also to think of Hebrews 9.14, which speaks of
"the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, (shall) purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Reactions: DuckieLady

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Angels referenced in the first two chapters of Revelation are definitely overseers of the seven churches. Why would John be commanded to write to celestial beings?

These Angels are Jewish men who are messengers to the churches. They would be the one to receive the letters and communicate to the members of that church what was necessary to happen.

if you’ll also notice all of the churches were to read all the seven epistles, although they were individually addressed.

Reactions: dev553344

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is a last ditch effort to prepare the churches of the first century for what Rome was about to accomplish in that region. Many heeded the warnings and were able to escape.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Angels referenced in the first two chapters of Revelation are definitely overseers of the seven churches. Why would John be commanded to write to celestial beings?

These Angels are Jewish men who are messengers to the churches. They would be the one to receive the letters and communicate to the members of that church what was necessary to happen.

if you’ll also notice all of the churches were to read all the seven epistles, although they were individually addressed.
I believe you got that right!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would John be commanded to write to celestial beings?
Why not? Those celestial beings would take those messages and deliver them to those seven churches. Travel was not easy at that time, so angels would function as ministering spirits. Which would also establish the fact that Christ had specifically sent those urgent messages, and they must give heed to what was delivered or suffer the consequences.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend that is why I shared the defintions.

It is important to me to know what the words mean in greek, so I shared them.

People should be encouraged I believe to go and study the bible, and check out words and what they mean. It takes time to do such things though and many people might not care.

@1stCenturyLady

I found the word for sanctification and it means to make holy according to the definition.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 37 hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

[37 (hagiázō) means "to make holy, consecrate, sanctify; to dedicate, separate" (Abbott-Smith).]

The cleansing of our sins is justification which sanctifies us and sets us apart to be holy.

My question to you is what do you believe is the process of becoming holy? Does Jesus do this to us before or after death?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him thank you for your insights that is very helpful.

@1stCenturyLady Jesus Christ sets us free from bondage of sin and death. Though we can not be perfectly Holy in our flesh because it falls short, you can be Holy by walking in the spirit and allowing God to work in and through you by the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Christ that resides in you. When you walk in the spirit you will not sin because Jesus in you can not ever sin. Our flesh however serves the law of sin, but the washing of the word renews the mind and the heart with allowing God to work with you as you read, pray, and have faith with showing love towards God and love towards others.

That would be my answer it might not be right but that is what I believe.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him thank you for your insights that is very helpful.

@1stCenturyLady Jesus Christ sets us free from bondage of sin and death. Though we can not be perfectly Holy in our flesh because it falls short, you can be Holy by walking in the spirit and allowing God to work in and through you by the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Christ that resides in you. When you walk in the spirit you will not sin because Jesus in you can not ever sin. Our flesh however serves the law of sin, but the washing of the word renews the mind and the heart with allowing God to work with you as you read, pray, and have faith with showing love towards God and love towards others.

That would be my answer it might not be right but that is what I believe.

The "flesh" is the carnal nature. Don't you know that when Christ makes us born again, it is our nature that is born again, our spirit/mind and soul/heart. Sin doesn't dwell in the body, but in the nature - the inside. Iniquity is found inside us, not on the outside. So when we have the divine power of God inside us, and are partaking of the divine nature, that is why we no longer desire to sin. For too long this doctrine of demons that we will always sin until our body dies is a slap in the face to what Jesus accomplished, let alone blind to what He taught. So, unless we are born again and are righteous and holy now, we will not be eligible for a new body when it dies and is resurrected.

Satan doesn't care if you believe in Jesus, just as long as you continue to sin.