Please share your insights: Thank you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Mar 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

There have been several other mentions of scripture that E-sword points me too. The first thing that needs to be addressed is Holy Angels. If you know what holy means already you will know that all holy means is set apart - different.

So we know that Holy - Set Apart - Angels will be coming when he comes in the glory of his Father.

Some may suggest that Angels are of heavenly form - however you can also consider them to be messengers of God too, as people who came proclaiming the Son of Man when he comes in the glory of his Father and the holy angels.

Could these holy angels be the messengers at the 7 Churches that received the letter from John which was the Revealing and soon to come wrath upon the Nation of Israel ? I am not so sure, but what are some of your thoughts on this.

Here are the extra scriptures provided by the Treasury of Scriptural knowledge that comes with the individual scripture Mark 8:38.

Any helpful insight would be thanked, and thank you for taking time to view.

Mark 8:38
ashamed: Mat 10:32-33; Luk 19:26, Luk 12:8-9; Act 5:41; Rom 1:16; Gal 6:14; 2Ti 1:8, 2Ti 1:12, 2Ti 1:16, 2Ti 2:12-13; Heb 11:26, Heb_12:2-3, Heb 13:13; 1Jn 2:23

adulterous: Mat 12:39, Mat 16:4; Jas 4:4

the Son: Mar 14:62; Dan 7:13; Mat 16:27, Mat 24:30, Mat 25:31, Mat 26:64; Joh 1:14, Joh 5:27, Joh 12:34

when: Deu 33:2; Dan 7:10; Zec 14:5; Mat 13:41; Joh 1:51; 1Th 1:7-8; Jud 1:14-15

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been several other mentions of scripture that E-sword points me too. The first thing that needs to be addressed is Holy Angels. If you know what holy means already you will know that all holy means is set apart - different.

Sanctified means set apart. Holy is sinless and perfect.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 1stCenturyLady

Here is the definition of Holy from the Strongs Concordance, and Thayers Concordance

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
hag'-ee-os
From ἅγος hagos (an awful thing) compare G53, [H2282]; sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated): - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
Thayer Definition:
1) most holy thing, a saint
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from hagos (an awful thing) [compare G53, G2282]

This was taken off the Biblehub site

Strong's Concordance
hagios: sacred, holy
Original Word: ἅγιος, ία, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: hagios
Phonetic Spelling: (hag'-ee-os)
Definition: sacred, holy
Usage: set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred.

HELPS Word-studies
40 hágios – properly, different (unlike), other ("otherness"), holy; for the believer, 40 (hágios) means "likeness of nature with the Lord" because "different from the world."

The fundamental (core) meaning of 40 (hágios) is "different" – thus a temple in the 1st century was hagios ("holy") because different from other buildings (Wm. Barclay). In the NT, 40 /hágios ("holy") has the "technical" meaning "different from the world" because "like the Lord."

[40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different (distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.]

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot written about angels that are not in the KJV such as in The Book of Enoch which discusses the watchers who were commanded to watch over the humans...
In the Book of Enoch, the watchers (Aramaic עִירִין, iyrin) are angels dispatched to Earth to watch over the humans. They soon begin to lust for human women and, at the prodding of their leader Samyaza, defect en masse to illicitly instruct humanity and procreate among them....so these were supposed to be good angels but they defected.
This link is a good study about them.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECC8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3ZsTw3s9EgbxUYrzu2dB06

Years ago I had an angel appear to me and told me that Jesus loved me very much...stop straddling the fence...choose this day who you are going to serve...
That was pretty heavy....no sugar coating nothing...lol.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 1stCenturyLady

Here is the definition of Holy from the Strongs Concordance, and Thayers Concordance

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
hag'-ee-os
From ἅγος hagos (an awful thing) compare G53, [H2282]; sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated): - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
Thayer Definition:
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from hagos (an awful thing) [compare G53, G2282]

Strong's Concordance

HELPS Word-studies
40 hágios – properly, different (unlike), other ("otherness"), holy; for the believer, 40 (hágios) means "likeness of nature with the Lord" because "different from the world."

The fundamental (core) meaning of 40 (hágios) is "different" – thus a temple in the 1st century was hagios ("holy") because different from other buildings (Wm. Barclay). In the NT, 40 /hágios ("holy") has the "technical" meaning "different from the world" because "like the Lord."

[40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different (distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.]
Don't get confused by trying to translate the bible on your own. Holy means sinless and without blemish. As the Lamb of God.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot written about angels that are not in the KJV such as in The Book of Enoch which discusses the watchers who were commanded to watch over the humans...
In the Book of Enoch, the watchers (Aramaic עִירִין, iyrin) are angels dispatched to Earth to watch over the humans. They soon begin to lust for human women and, at the prodding of their leader Samyaza, defect en masse to illicitly instruct humanity and procreate among them....so these were supposed to be good angels but they defected.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECC8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3ZsTw3s9EgbxUYrzu2dB06

Years ago I had an angel appear to me and told me that Jesus loved me very much...stop straddling the fence...choose this day who you are going to serve...
I had a visitation by a heavenly Father and Mother who forgave me of my sins. It was also brought with the fruits of the Holy Spirit of Peace and Love. I have since sinned but hope God loves me. That is very kind of the angel to let you know Jesus loves you. Hallelujah.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 1stCenturyLady

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
hag'-ee-os

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
Thayer Definition:

Strong's Concordance

HELPS Word-studies

What that is saying is that when we are justified and at the same time sanctified, we are set apart to be dead to sin and holy.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't get confused by trying to translate the bible on your own. Holy means sinless and without blemish. As the Lamb of God.

Was Jesus not perfect? Was He asking us to be perfect as His Father in heaven is perfect, if He wasn't? What do you think "without blemish" means if not perfect.

We need to be sinless (righteous) or all the way to perfect (holy). Revelation 22:11. The steps to perfection are 2 Peter 1:5-7 - read to 11.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus not perfect? Was He asking us to be perfect as His Father in heaven is perfect, if He wasn't? What do you think "without blemish" means if not perfect.

We need to be sinless (righteous) or all the way to perfect (holy). Revelation 22:11. The steps to perfection are 2 Peter 1:5-7 - read to 11.
You lead the way, I'm far from perfect. But I try :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My friend that is why I shared the defintions.

It is important to me to know what the words mean in greek, so I shared them.

People should be encouraged I believe to go and study the bible, and check out words and what they mean. It takes time to do such things though and many people might not care.

@1stCenturyLady

I found the word for sanctification and it means to make holy according to the definition.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 37 hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

[37 (hagiázō) means "to make holy, consecrate, sanctify; to dedicate, separate" (Abbott-Smith).]

Reactions: Waiting on him

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Heart2Soul, thank you for sharing this with me.

Here is the word of Angels:

Strong's Concordance
aggelos: an angel, messenger
Original Word: ἄγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: aggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ang'-el-os)
Definition: a messenger, angel
Usage: a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.
HELPS Word-studies
32 ággelos – properly, a messenger or delegate – either human (Mt 11:10; Lk 7:24, 9:52; Gal 4:14; Js 2:25) or heavenly (a celestial angel); someone sent (by God) to proclaim His message.

32 (ággelos) is used 176 times in the NT (usually of heavenly angels), but only the context determines whether a human or celestial messenger is intended. For example, 32 (ággelos) in Rev 1:20 can refer to heavenly angels or key leaders (perhaps pastors) of the seven churches.

[32 (ággelos) can refer to "a human messenger" (cf. John the Baptist, Mt 11:10, quoting Mal 3:1; see also Lk 7:24, 9:52). 32 /ággelos (plural, angeloi) refers to heavenly angels over 150 times in the NT, i.e. spiritual beings created by God to serve His plan.

In Rev 2, 3, "angels" seems to refer to heavenly angels that serve God in conjunction with these seven local churches.

(Rev 2:1) – "Probably 'the angels of the churches' (Rev 1:20, 2:1, etc.) – i.e. really angels, and not pastors" (DNTT, Vol 1, 103).]

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will return with the heavenly angels. There are fallen angels as well.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend that is why I shared the defintions.

It is important to me to know what the words mean in greek, so I shared them.

People should be encouraged I believe to go and study the bible, and check out words and what they mean. It takes time to do such things though and many people might not care.

@1stCenturyLady

I found the word for sanctification and it means to make holy according to the definition.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 37 hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

[37 (hagiázō) means "to make holy, consecrate, sanctify; to dedicate, separate" (Abbott-Smith).]
We all know what holy means, about 99.999% of us. You can study the bible but I see that a lot of people get confused when they start to translate on their own. Be careful it's not for everyone. What most people believe is that the translation of King James was inspired by God. Do you believe that?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG Angels are created by God they are any of us including Lucifer and his minion. They could be good or evil.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your insight, @Cassandra

@devin553344 I am not worried about if a person uses KJV or not, my self particularly. The Greek and Hebrew definitions are useful to use.

Not only that side of things but the bible as a whole too, that is why I shared some extra scriptures at the bottom of the original post that lead in with the same talked about in Mar 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your insight, @Cassandra

@devin553344 I am not worried about if a person uses KJV or not, my self particularly. The Greek and Hebrew definitions are useful to use.

Not only that side of things but the bible as a whole too, that is why I shared some extra scriptures at the bottom of the original post that lead in with the same talked about in Mar 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”
It's no mystery as to who the holy angels are. They were men that God perfected. Like Matthew, Luke, John etc.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your insights with me @devin553344. For the most part you should understand that God does in fact love you! It is a joy to see a revelation was made known to you turned towards God and Jesus my friend.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Heart2Soul, thank you for sharing this with me.

Here is the word of Angels:

Strong's Concordance
aggelos: an angel, messenger
Original Word: ἄγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: aggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ang'-el-os)
Definition: a messenger, angel
Usage: a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.
HELPS Word-studies
32 ággelos – properly, a messenger or delegate – either human (Mt 11:10; Lk 7:24, 9:52; Gal 4:14; Js 2:25) or heavenly (a celestial angel); someone sent (by God) to proclaim His message.

32 (ággelos) is used 176 times in the NT (usually of heavenly angels), but only the context determines whether a human or celestial messenger is intended. For example, 32 (ággelos) in Rev 1:20 can refer to heavenly angels or key leaders (perhaps pastors) of the seven churches.

[32 (ággelos) can refer to "a human messenger" (cf. John the Baptist, Mt 11:10, quoting Mal 3:1; see also Lk 7:24, 9:52). 32 /ággelos (plural, angeloi) refers to heavenly angels over 150 times in the NT, i.e. spiritual beings created by God to serve His plan.

In Rev 2, 3, "angels" seems to refer to heavenly angels that serve God in conjunction with these seven local churches.

(Rev 2:1) – "Probably 'the angels of the churches' (Rev 1:20, 2:1, etc.) – i.e. really angels, and not pastors" (DNTT, Vol 1, 103).]
In that link it talks about the angels assigned to bring messages, deliver punishment, guides, and war against evil.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pair of brass tongs that you might use in your fireplace, if set apart for temple use only, were made holy. Even if they are a little bent, and don't quite close right.

The sacrifice is made holy by the altar.

If the priest eat the portion assigned them, they are doing what they should. If they priest removes the remainder of the sacrifice from the altar for a nice charbroiled treat, he defiles it.

Much love!

Last edited: