Please Stop Turning Non-Debate Threads Into Debates

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, I'm not the only member here who has had this issue before. @historyb made an innocent topic about liking to play videogames and he got attacks too and I found that even more ridiculous than this!! Just because we're Christians doesn't mean we eat, sleep, and breathe the Bible!! We're regular people with regular interests and for some strange reason people tend to forget that. :rolleyes:

Everyone has their own interests and opinions about what "THEY" do and do not like.

Not liking what you like, is not an attack on you, it's simply voicing their opinion of not liking something you like.

Beer cheers...:)

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has their own interests and opinions about what "THEY" do and do not like.

Not liking what you like, is not an attack on you, it's simply voicing their opinion of not liking something you like.

Beer cheers...:)

True,.. but it doesn't matter what you say it's how you say it determines whether or not it is presumed to be a personal attack.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True,.. but it doesn't matter what you say it's how you say it determines whether or not it is presumed to be a personal attack.

I'm sort of the not liked crowd, don't much care how a person speaks, only if it is true.
Jesus warned me, to expect to be not liked...
So...sweets, don't let another steal YOUR joy.

God Bless,
Taken

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sort of the not liked crowd, don't much care how a person speaks, only if it is true.
Jesus warned me, to expect to be not liked...
So...sweets, don't let another steal YOUR joy.

God Bless,
Taken

That's just it,.. I do like you I just don't like or agree with everything you say. Here's the song in question minus the music video. If you look at the lyrics it's not nearly as "bad" as the music video. I know this because I was using it to learn the words since I rap myself. :) (It's not much different than the old Shake Your Booty song tbh.)

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your man know that you have this pitbull fixation...?

:p

...oh no he diiiii nnt...:eek:!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your man know that you have this pitbull fixation...?

:p

...oh no he diiiii nnt...:eek:!

LOL I don't have a fixation with Pitbull himself,.. I just really like his music. Here,.. absolutely nobody can argue with me about this one. :D

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I don't have a fixation with Pitbull himself,.. I just really like his music. Here,.. absolutely nobody can argue with me about this one. :D

Not my flavor...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just it,.. I do like you I just don't like or agree with everything you say. Here's the song in question minus the music video. If you look at the lyrics it's not nearly as "bad" as the music video. I know this because I was using it to learn the words since I rap myself. :) (It's not much different than the old Shake Your Booty song tbh.)

Not a Secret people have natural body functions that (sexually) react to naked flesh and particular bodily moves.
People can gander attention, and People are willing to give the attention.
Indended Arousal of one person toward another USED to be an Intent in a Private setting.
Modern Society has "determined" and "set the precedence" ...the more Flesh revealed and the more provocatively one moves....The more one can Expect Attention and a hopeful of Fame and fortune.
Sure...I get the "fun" and "talent" aspect...
But the fact is...there are hormone raging children exposed to this as acceptably common, prowling sexual predators and any other person whose natural hormones react.

Point being...there is NO Barrier.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...the toxicity of this place makes nuclear waste appealing
What you are saying is that there should be little or no debate. But free speech is not toxic. False ideas and doctrines need to be exposed and corrected. It is the extreme Left that thinks that all ideas which refute their nonsense should be censored. Today we have a huge movement to censor conservative ideas and Christian truth. Let's hope that the Leftists do not get their way.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you are saying is that there should be little or no debate. But free speech is not toxic. False ideas and doctrines need to be exposed and corrected. It is the extreme Left that thinks that all ideas which refute their nonsense should be censored. Today we have a huge movement to censor conservative ideas and Christian truth. Let's hope that the Leftists do not get their way.
lol...interesting how you have made 'leftist and nonsense' synonymous and 'conservative and truth' synonymous. It highlights the loss of objectivity as well as a groove well worn by a heavy wheel.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
lol...interesting how you have made 'leftist and nonsense' synonymous and 'conservative and truth' synonymous. It highlights the loss of objectivity as well as a grove well worn by a heavy wheel.
Give us JUST ONE EXAMPLE of anything Leftist that is not nonsense.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Give us JUST ONE EXAMPLE of anything Leftist that is not nonsense.
I see no point Enoch; the grove you are in is so deep you would not see it.....your language in post #33 confirms that.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't click on that link, because I don't watch things like that... Some of your videos I like. Like the worship songs and some of the country/Irish songs... and I do love musicals, and fun/interesting "happy" news in all that is going on these days. I just don't have time. Most of your videos I don't watch. Since I have to pick and choose what to watch and have cartoons on for the kids usually at home, I go for growing close to God with my time now normally. I go for more edifying videos. And as you grow closer to God, you might find yourself that way too.

I do believe some of your videos I would not want to be watching if I could physically see Jesus watching me. Like a video with women dancing in bathing suits...sexuality is a clear message as innocent as it is put across.

But yeh, as far as discussion goes, just be mindful of the audience here. It was judgemental and uncalled for to throw redundant "wicked" scriptures at us all, for thinking smart glass is really neat sounding on a bathroom stall.

But this is Christianityboard. I would think on this before posting wherever:

"Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies."
Philippians 4:8‭-‬9 MSG

downloadfile-1.jpg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see no point Enoch; the grove you are in is so deep you would not see it.....your language in post #33 confirms that.
That's a good dodge. But you need to give us just one example, or acknowledge the FACT that every Leftist idea is pure nonsense, since it is not grounded in truth. Particularly God's truth.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two rules I see can apply here...

[*]Do not attack another member's character in any way. Address the post content, not the member's character, family, denominational affiliation or any other subject that may be perceived as a personal attack by the Christianity Board team and is not germane to the topic or post at hand.
[*]Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christians.

*]No vulgar/obscene language or images. We are mostly adults here, but younger audiences frequent this forum as well. Please refrain from using offensive language in light of this. This is, by far not, just limited to swearing, and includes graphic language or content of sexual nature.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a good dodge. But you need to give us just one example, or acknowledge the FACT that every Leftist idea is pure nonsense, since it is not grounded in truth. Particularly God's truth.
Since you are pressing me Enoch, I'd say Mr Obama's policy for medical treatment accessibility for the poorer classes. I wouldn't call that nonsense.

Reactions: amadeus and Rita