Plight Of Christians In Iraq And Other Muslim Contries

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Last night Channel4 news (its British network) did feature on the plight of Christians living Iraq.

Only a few days ago a church was bombed in Bagdad killing 12 people and many Christians have left he city, in fact half of their 1 million Christians have left the country all together.

Miliitant Muslims blame Christians for the presence of western soldiers and are made into scapegoats for all the country's problems. The millitants are determined to drive them out or kill them all. This is what happened when the Ayatolah came to power in Iran and the Persian Christan culture was lost and one spokesman that wa shown in the report said it was likely to happen in Egypt also.

So please! pray with me for our brothers and sisters who face persecution on a daily basis and think of them this CHristmas.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Last night Channel4 news (its British network) did feature on the plight of Christians living Iraq.

Only a few days ago a church was bombed in Bagdad killing 12 people and many Christians have left he city, in fact half of their 1 million Christians have left the country all together.

Miliitant Muslims blame Christians for the presence of western soldiers and are made into scapegoats for all the country's problems. The millitants are determined to drive them out or kill them all. This is what happened when the Ayatolah came to power in Iran and the Persian Christan culture was lost and one spokesman that wa shown in the report said it was likely to happen in Egypt also.

So please! pray with me for our brothers and sisters who face persecution on a daily basis and think of them this CHristmas.

Will do.

This persecution by radical Islam and their Communist allies is going on in places like Sudan, Yemen, and southeast asia too (not just the middleast).

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
In Sudan it is getting harder and harder to be a Christian and in Indonesia also.

While we are all celebrating and enjoying ourselves we must think of our persecuted brothers ans sisters and pray for them.

Our Lord told his desciples that they would endure much and that it wouldn't be easy and whilst we in the west are not imune from the encroaching Islamic threat, we are nevertheless still more fortunate than those Christians who live under tyranical regimes and endure so much.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for the entire Middle East.

Thanks Templar

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Thank you friends. When I saw the report I was very distressed to think of what these Christians were going through for no other reason than they are not Muslims.

These Christians have been there for nearly as long as Chrisitanity has existed and many of them sspeak Aramaic. They were there long before the Muslims.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Thank you friends. When I saw the report I was very distressed to think of what these Christians were going through for no other reason than they are not Muslims.

These Christians have been there for nearly as long as Chrisitanity has existed and many of them sspeak Aramaic. They were there long before the Muslims.

One of the good things about the US and the western world is that they believe in Freedom of Religion. That is not true in some parts of the world. They are in my prayers.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am also joining in prayer for those brothers and sisters who are now having to face a very severe persecution. May God keep His hand on them so that they continue to walk with Him!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you contact the Barnabas Fund, you can get regular updates about the persecuted church around the world and how you can help them. www.barnabasfund.org

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
A Coptic church was bombed in Alexandria yesterday I think about 30 were injured and 17 were killed.

Officially Sharia is supposed to respect Christians as people of the book but throughout the course of Muslim history the authorities have always turned a blind eye to it. Not wanting to be seen to be approving of it but certainly not condemning it or doign anything about it.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One of the good things about the US and the western world is that they believe in Freedom of Religion. That is not true in some parts of the world. They are in my prayers.
Freedom of Religion is NOT the norm any more, either in Europe or in America.

It is illegal in parts of Europe to openly display Christian symbols. For example, in French public schools students may not wear jewelry or clothing which promotes Christianity.
The French are also trying to restrict Muslim cultural symbols, but are not having much success at it. Muslims are much more likely to committ violence and murder to advance their cause than Christians.

Christendom is in retreat everywhere and hardly a day goes by when some American news source carries a story about yet another protest or assault upon the practice of Christianity.
The attacks upon Christianity are legion especially in the entertainment industry.
It is now popular to condemn Christianity either by insult, by comedy, or by legal assault in court.
It is also equally popular to advance immorality and political/military foolishness both against the Christian religion and the democratic form of government which was once enjoyed in the United States (but isn't any more).

Your words are sweet, but they reveal that you live in a place which is unaware of the withered condition of liberty in the world today.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
In Britain a Msulim woman can go around in a birka, some of them even have a kind of mesh so you can't even see the eys but if you wear a cross openly in public you're in trouble. A woman who worked for British Airways wore a cross at work and lost her job., she wasn't offending her Muslim co workers, just wearing a cross.

I can imagine Msulims going around burningchurches in the west before long.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We need to fight back without fighting. There is a simple process where this can happen and it definitely makes the opposition know what we think about things.

All we have to do is convince the decision makers that when an applicaiton is put in to build a mosque, the answer is yes if it accords with planning regulations, but not until the country of origin of the inman allows a christian church to be built and operate without interference.

Until that happens, no mosque. It is known as doing what is morally right.

If we can flood the decision makers offices with letters, and bathe it in prayer, who knows what might happen. We won't know unless we try.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I just don't understand how there can be a mosque on groudn zero, it is terrible. Isn't there a huge outcry about it. There should be serious protests from the people, not just Christians possibly other religions too. Building a mosque on groudn zero just shows America and the world that the Muslim funimentalists are winning or that they ahve won.

Obama hasn't stoppd it, is he in faovur of it. I know he's not a Muslim but his father is.

I like the idea of churches being built in muslim countries but we'd have to keep an eye on them because they'd probably just use them as mosques.

Here's a funny story; you know how Muslims all take off their shoes before going into the mosques? Well in a Mosque in bradford; Englaknd (20 minutes drive from me), someone went in and stole all their shoes and when the muslims came out they found that they had all gone. I don't know exactly what became of the shoes, I think they got dumped in the river.