Poll: Avoid sex before marriage? Tips on avoiding sex as a celibate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Avoid sex before marriage?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You'd be surprised. I was on another Christian forum where a notable female member/admin boasted of being a backstage manager at a strip club for over 20 years AFTER becoming a Christian(??!!?!?!). She boasted of "looking the part" and the whole nine yards.
That is one of the most shocking revelations from a Christian forum. It is just as well that they booted you out.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow, im not sure how to respond to this. Obviously i think marriage before sex, but for me, that wasnt an option. So i dont know if i can have a comment on this really without being a hypocrite.
You too, brother? Oops, I mean SHOCKED! I'm absolutely SHOCKED at such behavior! No, I'm not confessing any sins here, nossir!:oops:

(Noting the "for me, that wasn't an option" and making an educated guess what that could mean, I might want to be more circumspect before making that joke. Still, I have an intimate knowledge (pun intended) of sexual sin, I stand by a fellow believer, and I temporarily suspend your claim to being a false convert in order to claim you as a brother. Or if you would prefer, as a fellow human being.)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do Christians usually spend time in bars anyway? Doesn't seem like where we would meet.

Isn't it just easier that everyone just... stay away from each other?
lol....it tells a story doesn't it?

Just look at the solutions men come up with....especially ones involving sexual activity. I find it laughable that there's all this noise in Christian circles about doing away with law while at the same time they invent laws/rules by the truck load.

Anyway, what can I say except, 'who has believed our report and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed' ?

The obvious is obvious to those with eyes to see.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 24:63-67 KJV
[63] And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming. [64] And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel. [65] For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself. [66] And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done. [67] And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They should round up all those sinners and shoot them! That would teach them!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beliefs....Truth.....Facts.
The proverbial question....what came first, the chicken or the egg?
Can you be married without having sex?
Yes and no. You can be legally married.....but you can have it annulled at anytime....no need for a divorce.
And No, not in the eyes of the Lord....the union forms the marriage.
Is it possible to have sex before you are married? No. If you have sex, you are married.
The wedding ceremony and vows are a celebration of a marriage that was already formed by the union or will be formed by a union after the wedding. Neither legally nor religiously does a wedding and vows constitute a marriage. Legally the marriage is not complete until it is consummated and religiously it does not occur until the union occurs.
Again nothing in the Old or New Testament that requires a wedding.
The ritual of weddings come from Pagan customs.

So if the question was; Should you avoid sex until you are ready to commit to a marriage?
The answer is yes, most certainly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never even did that before I was a Christian. Wasn't really a bar-goer. Went to a pub with an older female friend a few times but that's about it.

I have a hard time imagining people would think that is a good idea.

Waking up and deciding to find a lifelong mate in the wild, while both are intoxicated and incapable of good decisions, sounds like one of those bizarre Japanese game shows.

A guy tried to talk to me once after I got back from a pub, and my father and the big, big scary Italian mafia manager of the lodge both ran him off. Still makes me laugh.

Miss Fluffy,
I have a lot of patience for innocence.
In a lot of ways Christianity has become a refuge with those that have issues of one kind or another....drink too much...eat too much...gamble too much....

A lot of Christians drink in bars and sports bars and we are in good company....LOL...The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Wisdom is not agreeing with the status que. If it were the Gospel would have never happened....really. The status que was that we never had a chance to go to heaven.....that drinking Messiah changed that and He establish a ritual involving wine and a lot of His wisdom teachings revolved around vineyards and the fermentation of wine.

Old and New Testaments ....drinking was part of Jewish and Christian society. If Christ was here, He might go in a church and say, Get up! We are headed down to Wineo Bar and buy a round, sing them some hymns, and teach them about salvation and a heavenly reward! That is what Christ did! Now Christians my say, Oh no! Not me! I am above Christ. I would never do anything that sinful!
Not the way it works.

It is one of the reasons I say that Christianity has become a "don't doers" religion. They measure their "rightness with God" by what they don't do. Christ was a doer. You do not see Christians in church huddling around and talking about people that do not help the poor, the elderly, and sick. What did Christ do?

So back to innocence....Fluffy it is fine not to drink and be concerned about it. Don't cuss either. The world is better with a whole bunch of innocent people....Like Christ said, You have to be like a child....But still it is important to know the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Genesis 24:63-67 KJV
[63] And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming. [64] And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel. [65] For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself. [66] And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done. [67] And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.
@Waiting on him A moving passage, indeed...