Poll: Caffeine, nicotine, vaping: comparable? or rather distinct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Caffeine, nicotine, vaping: comparable? or rather distinct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye well tea is good for you too, the British did introduce British tea to both our countries after all

They would not be happy with the way we hold a tea cup though, or even how we drink tea out of coffee mugs most of the time.:D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They would not be happy with the way we hold a tea cup though, or even how we drink tea out of coffee mugs most of the time.:D
@Josho You mean, daintily in a china cup with a thin handle, held with the thumb and index finger and with the little finger in the air...?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho You mean, daintily in a china cup with a thin handle, held with the thumb and index finger and with the little finger in the air...?

I have heard though you are supposed to drink tea like that if you are drinking it with the Queen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have heard though you are supposed to drink tea like that if you are drinking it with the Queen
@Josho

A number of years ago the American Administration decided - in its neo-colonial way - to put together a plan or blueprint to overthrow the President of Syria.

Someone in DC said, Hey, wait a minute; we better ask the British what they think.

So someone talked to the Foreign and Commonwealth office....

The British Foreign and Commonwealth office came spluttering back: 'But, oh, you can't do that. He's just had tea with The Queen.'

(The Americans were puzzled... :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho

A number of years ago the American Administration decided - in its neo-colonial way - to put together a plan or blueprint to overthrow the President of Syria.

Someone in DC said, Hey, wait a minute; we better ask the British what they think.

So someone talked to the Foreign and Commonwealth office....

The British Foreign and Commonwealth office came spluttering back: 'But, oh, you can't do that. He's just had tea with The Queen.'

(The Americans were puzzled... :rolleyes:)

Anyway how good is it to be in Commonwealth nations, especially in one's where you can get a good coffee and a good pot of tea. ;)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It a stimulant...like a drug , if the person can't function without it.
I suppose, @Helen there is a distinction between nicotine as as a perceived, needed stimulant and on the other hand as in occasional social smoking. "Having coffee" also has a strongly social aspect, I guess, not necessarily addictive.

Reactions: Josho

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know I would get withdrawal symptoms if I cut out both coffee and tea, which denotes a level of addiction .......
Rita
@Rita: I guess it would be unpleasant if ppl "moralized' against you because of coffee and tea 'addiction' which may exist at some level. So really I would say that they should also quit "moralizing" against ppl who at some level may have at addictive relationship to nicotine. (It can be just as hurtful, I guess.)

R

Rita

Well, here is the thing, I gave lectures to all my children about smoking....I hated it , felt it was wrong and disagreed with them- however as adults they had the same freedomI had with regards to what they did .....since then three of my children have given up smoking because they reached their own conclusions about whether it was the right thing to do .........
I think we all moralise against people .....maybe not always in a direct way, but it is their in our thoughts and words at times.......and it will always happen within circles or groups of people who considered themselves better or more righteous than others .........’ it’s the looking down on others syndrome ‘ and ‘ Look at me I am getting it oh so right, and you are getting it oh so wrong ‘ !!! Lol
Rita

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, here is the thing, I gave lectures to all my children about smoking....I hated it , felt it was wrong and disagreed with them- however as adults they had the same freedomI had with regards to what they did .....since then three of my children have given up smoking because they reached their own conclusions about whether it was the right thing to do .........
I think we all moralise against people .....maybe not always in a direct way, but it is their in our thoughts and words at times.......and it will always happen within circles or groups of people who considered themselves better or more righteous than others .........’ it’s the looking down on others syndrome ‘ and ‘ Look at me I am getting it oh so right, and you are getting it oh so wrong ‘ !!! Lol
Rita
@Rita, Well, yes, I'm sure there is truth to what you say, indeed. And as a mother you of course wanted the best for them all...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suppose, @Helen there is a distinction between nicotine as as a perceived, needed stimulant and on the other hand as in occasional social smoking. "Having coffee" also has a strongly social aspect, I guess, not necessarily addictive.

Fact-
Nicotiana tabacum, the type of nicotine found in tobacco plants, comes from the nightshade family. Red peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, and potatoes are examples of the nightshade family.

While not cancer-causing or excessively harmful on its own, nicotine is heavily addictive and exposes people to the extremely harmful effects of tobacco dependency

To me anyone who uses it has no standing for telling their kids not to use drugs ...

JMTC

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Fact-
Nicotiana tabacum, the type of nicotine found in tobacco plants, comes from the nightshade family. Red peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, and potatoes are examples of the nightshade family.

While not cancer-causing or excessively harmful on its own, nicotine is heavily addictive and exposes people to the extremely harmful effects of tobacco dependency

To me anyone who uses it has no standing for telling their kids not to use drugs ...

JMTC
@Helen Interesting point....

(What about eaters of pizza with tomato topping....? but I guess it's excess that we are talking about...)