Poll: Does the mainstreaming of tattoos open up increasing opportunities for faith ink witness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the mainstreaming of tattoos open up increasing opportunities for faith ink witness?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@FHII Thanks for your poll vote.

I guess, given its sheer widespread nature, the fact that so many contemporary Christians are tattooed means that it's almost inevitable that a proportion of Christian men and women will confidently get themselves inked up with faith related designs, doesn't it?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of the OP quotes said:

juliannenw said:
I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person.
source: allnurses dot com

Even leaving aside people's likes and dislikes about tattoos, the quote does beg the following reflection:

When very traditional, well educated, well mannered, moral women have a great deal of confidence to become tattooed — indeed, even heavily so — it does demonstrate undoubtedly just widespread it has become.

It is also perhaps inevitable that among the very conservative people who are tattooed, some will indeed wish to express a tattooed faith related design.