Poll: Does the mainstreaming of tattoos open up increasing opportunities for faith ink witness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the mainstreaming of tattoos open up increasing opportunities for faith ink witness?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When Sin Persists in the Church - Dale A Robbins
[Search domain www.victorious.org/pub/sin-persists-church-168] When Sin Persists in the Church
When Sin Persists in the Church: By Dale A. Robbins. There is crisis of sin and immorality in America's churches. Across our land, many professing Christians are practicing shameful lifestyles that are little different than those of unbelievers."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 5: Sin in the Church - Bible Answer
bibleanswer.com/1cor5.htm
2. Church at Corinth not grounded in this truth, so much impurity within it. 3. 1 Cor. 5-6 - Addresses moral impurity & the church's attitude toward unrepented sin in the lives of its members. I. WHEN OPEN SIN IN THE LIVES OF CHRISTIANS IS IGNORED, THE CHURCH BECOMES GUILTY OF SIN - 5:1-2, 6.

Leonard Ravenhill was one of the true preachers in the last century/ to this one. Rebuking sin, instead of ignoring Scripture.
And how does this apply to tattoos?

Reactions: farouk

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin of all kind is increasing in the church:

"Fifty years*(when this was first quoted) ago, you never heard of a divorce in the Christian church. You never (even) heard of marriage counseling in the church...

We're putting up with sin in the church."

"Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin of all kind is increasing in the church:

"Fifty years*(when this was first quoted) ago, you never heard of a divorce in the Christian church. You never (even) heard of marriage counseling in the church...

We're putting up with sin in the church."

"Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo."

You believe a tattoo is a sin? SMH.... well so is being on the internet then if you want to get down to it. Satan is the prince of the air and internet depends on airwaves to transmit.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul It would principally apply to doctrine and immorality. (Not sure how a faith based tattoo design that points ppl to talking about the Lord enters either category...)
That scripture does not apply to what your topic is about.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho This is why for a believer who gets a quality faith related tattoo that is likely to stimulate use in witness it is an investment; it might on the surface be a monetary matter but if done in faith with the person being strongly convinced that it will make for profitable testimony occasions it could be described also as a spiritual investment of sorts.

So it shouldn't be done lightly or without a lot of conviction. (Make sense?)

I agree, the link I sent was unrelated apart from tattoos, I thought you may just be interested lolz, all done in good humour though.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What the Bible Says About Tattoos - Bible Resources
What the Bible Says About Tattoos - Bible Resources
What the Bible Says about Tattoos The Bible Says Not to Mark or Cut Your Body. by Betty Miller. Pastors Bud & Betty Miller on Tattoos. The Bible warns us against tattoos in Leviticus 19:28 (Amplified) which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.". I know some will have a hard time receiving this teaching ...
"

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The emphasis on the topic is I guess potential design witness opportunities since it's done so widely anyway.
There are millions of people who have gotten saved after they had already gotten tattoos....it didn't keep God from forgiving them and accepting them as His children....and I have met some who had tattoos before getting saved and someone asks about it he begins to share his testimony of who he was when he got that and who he is now.
It can work either way.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, even more simple: are tattoos worldly, of the world, used by and for the world daily ? of the flesh ?

If someone prays from a pure heart: THY WILL BE DONE, on earth, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN,

and means it,

that rules out tattoos instantly.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What the Bible Says About Tattoos - Bible Resources
What the Bible Says About Tattoos - Bible Resources
What the Bible Says about Tattoos The Bible Says Not to Mark or Cut Your Body. by Betty Miller. Pastors Bud & Betty Miller on Tattoos. The Bible warns us against tattoos in Leviticus 19:28 (Amplified) which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.". I know some will have a hard time receiving this teaching ...
"
I don't want to hear what Betty Miller says...the Word of God is sufficient.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are millions of people who have gotten saved after they had already gotten tattoos....it didn't keep God from forgiving them and accepting them as His children.

Does people being saved require they repent of their sin ? or not?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, even more simple: are tattoos worldly, of the world, used by and for the world daily ? of the flesh ?

If someone prays from a pure heart: THY WILL BE DONE, on earth, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN,

and means it,

that rules out tattoos instantly.
You seriously need to learn how to apply His Word....there is nothing in there about tattoos.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are millions of people who have gotten saved after they had already gotten tattoos....it didn't keep God from forgiving them and accepting them as His children....and I have met some who had tattoos before getting saved and someone asks about it he begins to share his testimony of who he was when he got that and who he is now.
It can work either way.
@Heart2Soul For example, a lady with the name of an unsuitable ex-bf tattooed on her, eg, 'Bill', might well wish to go back to a parlor and have it modified to reflect her new faith, eg, 'Bill' modified to 'Bible' or something like that. In some circumstances, some Christians feel very compelling reasons to have it done or having more done.

Reactions: Heart2Soul