Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, we are praying for her…trusting in God ultimately too. It’s not like we all haven’t made some idiotic decisions when we were young!
Yes, those are the two nose ones she has, and no…I won’t be surprised if she gets ‘ink’. Again, I truly don’t mind. My biggest concern is her relationship with God, nothing else matters.
@Naomi25 I'm sure indeed it's exactly how you have been praying for many years, about her coming into a saving knowledge of the Lord. Re. ink: well, it's what they nearly all seem to feel the need to receive; as GodsGrace said, back a bit:
almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo. Even those very conservative types.
(like also you said her aunt wanted to, right?)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 I'm sure indeed it's exactly how you have been praying for many years, about her coming into a saving knowledge of the Lord. Re. ink: well, it's what they nearly all seem to feel the need to receive; as GodsGrace said, back a bit: (like also you said her aunt wanted to, right?)
Lol! Like her Aunt HAS! My sister confessed to me not long ago that she got a sneaky little tattoo of a cross on her wrist. She has forbidden me from telling our parents, as she’s worried they’ll freak out. I’m pretty sure after some of the stuff my daughter’s done that a tiny tattoo is …pfft…nothing! Lol! But I’ve kept quiet!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol! Like her Aunt HAS! My sister confessed to me not long ago that she got a sneaky little tattoo of a cross on her wrist. She has forbidden me from telling our parents, as she’s worried they’ll freak out. I’m pretty sure after some of the stuff my daughter’s done that a tiny tattoo is …pfft…nothing! Lol! But I’ve kept quiet!
@Naomi25 Oh so your sister finally did it; plucked up the determination to go through with it. But you're right: it's really a rather benign enhancement compared with a lot of other possibilities, and of course for a Christian woman it can prove compelling to be needled in with something faith based.

(Did you see it yet?)
sHa9-63_UvJfQnPPJe8gy1VOz_A2plTMxLpNYaKhu81FjEs3X36c93qLPc7XsgV3c9mKu8lgqwIrGJkuqe8Fss966L0mV5yy9mKZYzlz4h7CVgrtVqDEB7spE-9P18UWwE91HsfilYso2jutIeF5zw

nailarttattoo dot com

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 Oh so your sister finally did it; plucked up the determination to go through with it. But you're right: it's really a rather benign enhancement compared with a lot of other possibilities, and of course for a Christian woman it can prove compelling to be needled in with something faith based.

(Did you see it yet?)
sHa9-63_UvJfQnPPJe8gy1VOz_A2plTMxLpNYaKhu81FjEs3X36c93qLPc7XsgV3c9mKu8lgqwIrGJkuqe8Fss966L0mV5yy9mKZYzlz4h7CVgrtVqDEB7spE-9P18UWwE91HsfilYso2jutIeF5zw

nailarttattoo dot com
I haven’t seen hers yet…she lives about 17 hours away. Keep waiting til I visit…which keeps being put off thanks to Covid restrictions. Yay Australia!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I haven’t seen hers yet…she lives about 17 hours away. Keep waiting til I visit…which keeps being put off thanks to Covid restrictions. Yay Australia!
@Naomi25 Seems like your sister obviously wanted you to know, anyway, right?... in fact, when you eventually see her you might find she is overjoyed with having gotten something faith based. Back, Acolyte said:
My son had 7 or 8 tattoos before I even thought about it. ... Those who get scripture must be overjoyed. The money and pain are outweighed by the message they witness to... No more ink for me.
(But anyway I reckon you may in due course long for the day when your daughter also has a real, personal reason for faith based ink, like your sister...)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... She has forbidden me from telling our parents, as she’s worried they’ll freak out. I’m pretty sure after some of the stuff my daughter’s done that a tiny tattoo is …pfft…nothing! Lol!
@Naomi25 Sounds almost conspiratorial! :) (though if the truth is known your sister probably feels that you originally - at least tacitly - encouraged her to have it done...)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 Sounds almost conspiratorial! :) (though if the truth is known your sister probably feels that you originally - at least tacitly - encouraged her to have it done...)
Well…I think its a sibling order thing. She’s the oldest, and was always, I think, expected to behave, etc. Me? I’m the youngest, so they’d relaxed a fair bit by me!! I think my sister is still in that frame of mind where she’s worried they’ll be disappointed or scold her. I mean…she’s sneaking up on 50, so that tickles me just a bit! My folks might secretly (in secret mind…they’re too polite to do it in front of anyone) roll their eyes, but I don’t think they’ll care one jot.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
From back a bit:
Christophany said:
once upon a time I was legalistic with tatoo's, piercing etc..... not anymore ... I do not condemn others who think differently since it has nothing to do with ones salvation.
@Christophany Again, the point is not to fall back into legalism...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well…I think its a sibling order thing. She’s the oldest, and was always, I think, expected to behave, etc. Me? I’m the youngest, so they’d relaxed a fair bit by me!! I think my sister is still in that frame of mind where she’s worried they’ll be disappointed or scold her. I mean…she’s sneaking up on 50, so that tickles me just a bit! My folks might secretly (in secret mind…they’re too polite to do it in front of anyone) roll their eyes, but I don’t think they’ll care one jot.
@Naomi25 Oh so she was a bit shy to be the first one to go ahead and receive the faith design inking up that she so strongly wanted for a long time. But maybe she feels really good about it now she's done it; you'll probably find out when you eventually see her. Maybe you saw what Rita wrote:
I have never regretted my tattoo.. I love the tattoo..the tattoo was not liberating - the tattoo represented the liberation and freedom that the Lord had brought me through..The tattoo in of itself was merely the means of expression and the reminder.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady So do you still watch new episodes of Ink Master, when they come out?

There aren't any. The station (Paramount) cancelled them. But I don't know why. They have other reality shows on their regular station that are not as popular. And they now have their movies on a station you have to buy and add to your apps for $10 a month.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There aren't any. The station (Paramount) cancelled them. But I don't know why. They have other reality shows on their regular station that are not as popular. And they now have their movies on a station you have to buy and add to your apps for $10 a month.
@CharismaticLady Oh I see; I didn't know that. I expect you know of the various other shows that are geographical in scope, such as: NY Ink, Miami Ink, London Ink, LA Ink. Decades ago it used to be such a man thing to do, and, when women started having it done more, some used to - and still do - prefer to get one little one or a whole series of little ones although now on the ink shows it's clear that a lot of women as well as men have the confidence to go for the large ones also; seems anyway to have become as well as a very manly thing a very womanly thing to do. But I hadn't heard of Paramount's cancelling of their series (for whatever reason?).

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 Oh so she was a bit shy to be the first one to go ahead and receive the faith design inking up that she so strongly wanted for a long time. But maybe she feels really good about it now she's done it; you'll probably find out when you eventually see her. Maybe you saw what Rita wrote:
She hasn’t said that she regrets it, so I suppose she’s happy with it…it doesn’t really come up in conversation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She hasn’t said that she regrets it, so I suppose she’s happy with it…it doesn’t really come up in conversation.
@Naomi25 Yes, well, when someone like your sister eventually goes ahead and has it done, she would probably probably have given it a lot of thought but also might not say a lot about it either (while someone of your daughter's age might be a little more - maybe - impulsive?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well there are obsessions that come in many forms.
@Heart2Soul Whether or not it's always an obsession as you said recently, it's in any case —as you said back a bit —
Heart2Soul said:
I really like some of them. .. it is becoming a norm with health professionals.
- it's almost become kind of a standard thing to do among some demographics especially like the one you mentioned, right? And so it's a means that so many Christians wish to use also in expression and witness.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @VictoryinJesus Back you said:
VictoryinJesus said:
Our daughter’s tattoos do not bother me...I only don’t encourage or overreact over her tattoos in they could cover her.
Well, maybe she will pause getting more ink, and if so maybe you'd welcome it? (without saying too much to her).