Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I did not read your posts on this Forum. Quoting the Levitical laws is smoke and are societal regulations for Israel and not the Church. We are not Israel.The mark of Rev 13 is mixed in with worshipping an image and taking a name/number. Nothing to do with voluntary tattoos. Try again.

I am not advocating the Law - Christ is our Righteousness apart from the Law through Faith in the Word we are saved - not of works!
However you are dead wrong - What He says goes for all of us - Thus Jesus said - "It is written" and I have come to fulfill - not destroy"
NEVER mock what you do not understand, especially from the Word - Have you never read Romans 15:4 and 1 Cor. 10:11
God knew the Mark was Satan's End Game for the world Thus he forewarned us in Leviticus 19:28 which leads directly to Revelations 13:16

It's all about being conditioned, comfortable, with sin so that it just feels right.

Last edited:

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I did not read your posts on this Forum. Quoting the Levitical laws is smoke and are societal regulations for Israel and not the Church. We are not Israel.The mark of Rev 13 is mixed in with worshipping an image and taking a name/number. Nothing to do with voluntary tattoos. Try again.

In reality, the Bible says we are Israel. There is natural Israel, those who by blood line are Jews, and there are those of us who were grafted in when we came to faith in Christ. I do not have time this evening to get into all of that, but that is in Romans. As far as tattoos go, it depends on the reason for the command not to place marks on your body. Is it a law of separation or a moral law? I personally believe it is a moral law, and that it does matter to God today. Was this law really given to prevent us from taking the mark of the beast? I think that there is far more to it than that. I think it is about changing the image God gave us into something different and ugly. I think tattoos are demonically inspired. Satan hates mankind, in part because we were created in God's image, so he is leading people to alter the natural appearance. It is the same thing as how the devil perverted music. What was created for worship has been perverted to the point where you have some music out there that is so loud and demonic, I wonder how anyone can stand to listen to it. Whatever God creates, the devil tries to pervert.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion is that God is not so much concerned with what we hang on the outside of this tent as He is the inside. To each man's conscience on this one.

2 Corinthians 5:1 (NASB) For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

100% agree with 2 Corinthians 5:1

Last edited:

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion is that God is not so much concerned with what we hang on the outside of this tent as He is the inside. To each man's conscience on this one.

2 Corinthians 5:1 (NASB) For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

If that is your opinion, that is fine, but I do think God cares about our appearance. It is in the New Testament where we are taught that men are to have short hair and women should have long hair. That is purely a New Testament teaching. There are scriptures that teach modesty in our dress, and if you look up the word effeminate in 1 Corinthians 6:9, you will find that this includes men wearing feminine style clothing, which goes hand in hand with Deuteronomy 22:5 where it says that women are not to wear what pertains to a man and men are not to wear women's clothing. God cares about men being masculine and women being feminine, though few will dare talk about that in today's p.c. world.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not advocating the Law - Christ is our Righteousness apart from the Law through Faith in the Word we are saved - not of works!
However you are dead wrong - What He says goes for all of us - Thus Jesus said - "It is written" and I have come to fulfill - not destroy"
NEVER mock what you do not understand, especially from the Word - Have you never read Romans 15:4 and 1 Cor. 10:11
God knew the Mark was Satan's End Game for the world Thus he forewarned us in Leviticus 19:
Right, Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. He did that in our stead because we could not.

Romans 15:4 (NASB) For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

1 Corinthians 10:11 (NASB) Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Yes I have read those verses. Have you read Galatians chaps 2&3?

So are you trying to refute Paul here?...

Colossians 2:20-22 (NASB) If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, "Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!" (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)--in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is your opinion, that is fine, but I do think God cares about our appearance. It is in the New Testament where we are taught that men are to have short hair and women should have long hair. That is purely a New Testament teaching. There are scriptures that teach modesty in our dress, and if you look up the word effeminate in 1 Corinthians 6:9, you will find that this includes men wearing feminine style clothing, which goes hand in hand with Deuteronomy 22:5 where it says that women are not to wear what pertains to a man and men are not to wear women's clothing. God cares about men being masculine and women being feminine, though few will dare talk about that in today's p.c. world.
Sorry, I thought tattoos was the issue, not hair length or modesty of dress.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I thought tattoos was the issue, not hair length or modesty of dress.

I did too, but when you brought up the issue of whether or not God is concerned with what we hang on the outside of the tent, that covers a lot of things besides tattoos.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. He did that in our stead because we could not.

Romans 15:4 (NASB) For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

1 Corinthians 10:11 (NASB) Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Yes I have read those verses. Have you read Galatians chaps 2&3?

So are you trying to refute Paul here?...

Colossians 2:20-22 (NASB) If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, "Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!" (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)--in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?

Your strecthing things out of place brother - I have been saved and studied the Word for 37 years.

Once again, i am not judging anyone for getting tattered up and 100% God will forgive them and receive them unless they get the Final Tattoo of Revelations 13:16

You are completely missing the point of God's foreknowledge tied directly to Genesis, Moses and the Law, the Prophets and now the New Covenant. DO NOT disregard what God has spoken in the past - There would be no Jesus and no Salvation without it = Be Humble.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reality, the Bible says we are Israel. There is natural Israel, those who by blood line are Jews, and there are those of us who were grafted in when we came to faith in Christ
No. Jesus said "I will (future)build my Church" in Mt. 16. Israel was already going.

Reactions: farouk

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did too, but when you brought up the issue of whether or not God is concerned with what we hang on the outside of the tent, that covers a lot of things besides tattoos.
The tent represents our body in Scripture.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tent represents our body in Scripture.

I took you wrong, and thought you were speaking of outward appearance as a whole. It was just a misunderstanding, and since this thread is about tattoos, it is best not to go off on rabbit trails.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are completely missing the point of God's foreknowledge tied directly to Genesis, Moses and the Law, the Prophets and now the New Covenant. DO NOT disregard what God has spoken in the past - There would be no Jesus and no Salvation without it = Be Humble.
Rather be true to God's Word.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather be true to God's Word.

Please read Leviticus 19:28 and see how it connects with Revelations 13:16 - from God's point of view - which is the only one that matters.

Peace to all who have tattoos and are forgiven and made whole in Christ, and Peace to all who desire to keep their bodies 'unmarked' - Amen

Last edited by a moderator:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please read Leviticus 19:28 and see how it connects with Revelations 13:16 - from God's point of view - which is the only one that matters.

Peace to all who have tattoos but are forgiven and made whole in Christ, and Peace to all who desire to keep their bodies 'unmarked' - Amen

Rev 13-16 has to do with those in the Great Tribulation, does not apply to the Church. Wrong again.
Thanks for the wish of Shalom, seeing I don’t have tattoos but will defend anyone who desires them.

Last edited by a moderator:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The explosion in society of permanently marking your body with tatoos is the conditioning of the people to accept the Mark of Revelations 13:16.
This is why God commanded the Children of Israel not to mark their bodies in such manner - Leviticus 19:28
Good News is that the Lord Jesus Christ forgives, heals and restores us unto Himself. He will reject no one whom the Father brings to Him.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:1

Peace to all who have tattoos and are forgiven and made whole in Christ, and Peace to all who desire to keep their bodies 'unmarked' - Amen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread has evidently gotten rather exciting in the past few hours. (On all sorts of subjects...)

It is kind of strange when a person posts "Ignore it" (post #655) others can't, but had to raise Cain over the issue.
It's a sad commentary on many Christians who love to major on the minors and minor on the majors.

Reactions: marks and farouk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The explosion in society of permanently marking your body with tatoos is the conditioning of the people to accept the Mark of Revelations 13:16.
This is why God commanded the Children of Israel not to mark their bodies in such manner - Leviticus 19:28
Good News is that the Lord Jesus Christ forgives, heals and restores us unto Himself. He will reject no one whom the Father brings to Him.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:1

Many things which were considered abberent behavior have been normalized in these last days.

Much love!