Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many things which were considered aberrant behavior have been normalized in these last days.

Much love!
That's true. But what is most concerning is if the change has gone from moral to amoral. I believe that tattooing is neither moral or amoral.
It may be a reflection of a declining society, but is not a cause of it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true. But what is most concerning is if the change has gone from moral to amoral. I believe that tattooing is neither moral or amoral.
Is that to say that it's simply a matter of personal preference? No morality connected?

Personally I find it degrading. I think the human form is beautiful as is.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite and prism

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that to say that it's simply a matter of personal preference? No morality connected?

Much love!

What does Tattoos, King David and IBM all have in common?

Reactions: marks

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's near the end of a long day . . . I'm thinking!

:)

Each were involved in numbering the people . . . :eek:

That's all I'm coming up with so far.

Much love!

Correct on the first answer
Hint for the second answer: Source

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

QuickFilly

Jul 30, 2021
Bellingham
wallpaperaccess.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think about the verses Exodus 20:4 and Leviticus 19:28.
If we obey the teaching in Ephesians 5:10 And try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord, when we know idolatry and tattoos, body piercings, branding, and so forth, displease the Lord, are tattoos a question really?

QuickFilly

Jul 30, 2021
Bellingham
wallpaperaccess.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UPDATED Question

What two things does Tattoos, King David and IBM have in common?
Judaism?
IBM was an integral part of WW2's Nazi Germany's Final Solution. KD was king of the Jews, and in the OT tattoos are forbidden, while in the Holocaust Jews were tattooed with "inmate" numbers after arrest and transport to concentration, labor, camps.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judaism?
IBM was an integral part of WW2's Nazi Germany's Final Solution. KD was king of the Jews, and in the OT tattoos are forbidden, while in the Holocaust Jews were tattooed with "inmate" numbers after arrest and transport to concentration, labor, camps.

Excellent Third Answer - All three had to do with the Jews
Puzzle Question: Two of three are the same and one of the three is similiar but different - Can you solve / find the answer - Thank You

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think about the verses Exodus 20:4 and Leviticus 19:28.
If we obey the teaching in Ephesians 5:10 And try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord, when we know idolatry and tattoos, body piercings, branding, and so forth, displease the Lord, are tattoos a question really?

Tattoos do not concern me. What the origin and purpose of tattoos and how it will eventually be part of the Mark of the Beast is a life or death decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuickFilly

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Yes a matter of personal preference. I certainly wouldn't drag God into the matter as some have done.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Rev 13:15, 16, 17)

Let's look at this a moment...

First of all there is FORCED worship...or die.
Then there is a forcing of receiving the mark...or starve.

Does any of that sound like today's voluntary tattooing?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Rev 13:15, 16, 17)

Let's look at this a moment...

First of all there is FORCED worship...or die.
Then there is a forcing of receiving the mark...or starve.

Does any of that sound like today's voluntary tattooing?

Please permit me to say this without you getting angry and defensive:
God must be an absolute unjust brutal King according to your assessment, since He is going to send people to the Lake of Fire after they were forced to receive the Mark.
There must be something more here that God sees and knows.
Maybe it has to do with Leviticus 19:28 AND other examples He set forth to us from His own perspective which is far greater then ours.

Therefore there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I

Please permit me to say this without you getting angry and defensive:
God must a be an absolute unjust brutal King according to your assessment, since He is going to send people to the Lake of Fire after they were forced to receive the Mark.
There must be something more here that God sees and knows.
Maybe it has to do with Leviticus 19:28 AND other examples He set forth to us from His own perspective which is far greater then ours.

Therefore there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2
It’s caused because of their rejection of the Truth, and instead run after signs and wonders. Those who embrace the truth won’t worship the image or take his mark, rather they will be beheaded.

True faith requires blood, sweat and faithfulness on our part. I pray you’ll be up to the task when that time comes.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 NKJV
[9] The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, [10] and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

But, I suppose you’ll dispute that as well.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES - 100% exactly CORRECT
Praise You, Lord Jesus that You gave to my Brother the answer from Your Spirit and Your Knowledge.

But you left out this - "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:” That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is what God KNEW before time began, when He gave the instructions to us on living a holy life. Being separate from the world
“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”
"Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

This brings us back to Leviticus 19:28 which connects directly I John 2:16 connects James 4:4 connects to 2 Thessalonians 2:1-11 connects to Revelation 13:16
And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Dwell on how the Lord makes it easy for His Children, us, to see His Truth: 1 John 2:16 leads to 1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that Antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Also - Thank you for praying for me.

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses are only related as they connect to the cross of Christ, otherwise they’re one big disconnect on a rabbit trail to nowhere.

Here is the tattoo I would desire…

Revelation 14:1 NKJV
[1] Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.