Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo art - Christian perspectives: Fight it? Ignore it? appreciate/embrace it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy I know you are already done commenting, but FYI, without commenting more, did you see the poll results so far?

(I already know what you think about the subject, of course.)
What is the saying..
You can't please everybody all of the time, but you can please some people some of the time?
some like coffee, some like tea.. some just drink water.

And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be abrupt. I just didn't have anything more to add.
I'm not comfortable with physical stuff.. I feel more comfortable in the thoughts and spirit of things.

Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: farouk

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo In other words, you want to shut down discussion.
I'd rather not discuss subjects that lead to one of the participants sinning against another. Unfortunately, on an ecumenical site that seems nearly impossible, but I could never accept a racist doctrine as coming from our God, who is no respecter of persons. It definitely tends to make my brain biased regarding the individual, and far less likely to take them seriously.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'd rather not discuss subjects that lead to one of the participants sinning against another. Unfortunately, on an ecumenical site that seems nearly impossible, but I could never accept a racist doctrine as coming from our God, who is no respecter of persons. It definitely tends to make my brain biased regarding the individual, and far less likely to take them seriously.
@michaelvpardo You have not established that tattoos are racist; but maybe we should leave it there.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
@My Dreams Do many ppl in India get tattooed?

Yes these days its a fashion. Specially sports starts actors actress getting tattooed. During my moms generation getting tattoo s on hand on names or signs of god s and godesses are common.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes these days its a fashion. During my mons generation getting tattoo s on hand on names or signs of god s and godesses are common.
@My Dreams So you mean women in India get tattooed a lot?

In North America it used to be man thing; sailors, etc. But now so many women do it, too.

My wife and I talked to a young woman with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have this verse tattooed.

I also talked with a young man with the same verse tattooed in full on his arm.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
@My Dreams So you mean women in India get tattooed a lot?

In North America it used to be man thing; sailors, etc. But now so many women do it, too.

My wife and I talked to a young woman with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have this verse tattooed.

I also talked with a young man with the same verse tattooed in full on his arm.

Yes, but not on whole but but some signs or names, these days there are tatoo's shop in some places.
Is write verses on body okay?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, but not on whole but but some signs or names, these days there are tatoo's shop in some places.
Is write verses on body okay?
@My Dreams It does seem to work as a conversation-starter, frequently. In North America, nurses are usually tattooed. They use their tattoos to get conversations going with patients and their families. Christians also often use faith based ones for the purpose of starting conversations.

Reactions: My Dreams

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Has anyone had the experience of a witnessing opportunity that came directly from telling an enquirer about the tattoo design that you have gotten?

Sometimes ppl regret their ink later, but experiences such as these might serve to make the original inking indeed an unregretted experience.