Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think tattoos are repulsive.

Especially when fat women try to use them to cover their fat--it doesn't work. Just makes them fat AND ugly. :D

Seriously, God told the Israelites to avoid marking their bodies "the way the heathen do". I see why. I don't think there is anything inherently evil about it but, when it is a mark of rebellion, "it is as the sin of witchcraft". Probably no worse that watching and listening to Satanic entertainment and identifying with the performers. It is all repulsive to me.

Reactions: marksman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Especially when fat women try to use them to cover their fat--it doesn't work. Just makes them fat AND ugly. :D

Seriously, God told the Israelites to avoid marking their bodies "the way the heathen do". I see why. I don't think there is anything inherently evil about it but, when it is a mark of rebellion, "it is as the sin of witchcraft". Probably no worse that watching and listening to Satanic entertainment and identifying with the performers. It is all repulsive to me.
In some cases as with a lot of things there may be rebellion involved.

I think you'll agree that both genders do it more confidently now, right? and a lot of Christians use the means for witness/Bible verse designs.

I saw a quote from the Bible Belt about how prevalent it is.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Lady Crosstalk FYI: Here's the quote:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While maybe years ago some ppl might have gotten a bit hot and bothered if their womenfolk as well as menfolk started getting tattooed, yet now it's getting pretty general to do it, right?

Yes it is, I'm pretty sure religion still preaching hell hot and eternity long for a heathen getting tated up

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... I don't think there is anything inherently evil about it ...
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have also arisen with ppl, as a result of her willingness to go under the inking needle.

It might not be your preference at all. But do you see it can have some witness value among young Christians as a proven conversation-starter, maybe?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have also arisen with ppl, as a result of her willingness to go under the inking needle.

It might not be your preference at all. But do you see it can have some witness value among young Christians as a proven conversation-starter, maybe?

I don't have any particular objection, if it is used in that way. But I do have something of a practical observation to make. I am a bit biased against it because it is permanent, and when tattooed people get tired of their tattoo, it is very expensive, time-consuming, scarring and painful to remove.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't have any particular objection, if it is used in that way. But I do have something of a practical observation to make. I am a bit biased against it because it is permanent, and when tattooed people get tired of their tattoo, it is very expensive, time-consuming, scarring and painful to remove.
Sensible comments, indeed, yes. It does require plenty of aforethought and care, beforehand.

As regards the young lady that my wife and I talked to, and the fact that she evidently did desire to witness in this way and would clearly have thought about it a great deal, after our conversation with her, it made me think of her with...respect.

Because as a young Christian she had made her decision to do it, as an adult, as a woman.

(Especially since years ago women really didn't use to do it.)

If this makes sense?