Pope Calls For Global Political Leader

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, he just had to go and make everything awkward, didn't he? LOL It makes no sense to have a global leader in pollution reduction...... smh..

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
We need a world government period

This is now a world very interconnected and by being so we need a government to united the entire race, not keep it divided.

It does not need to have a single figure, but it does need a government. The bishop only is speaking within his experience under current models.

It is time for an Earth Government and to finally accept we are all the same race, Homo sapien sapien.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Revelation is being fulfilled by the statement from the pope...(Rev 17 describes the pope and his organization)..who would lead this world government...from the Sodom nation of the USA or other western nations? LOL....we need a world leader alright and He is coming..His name is Jesus Christ, and God..He will be our ultimate leader for eternity...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh brother.....

Why is it that Christians seem to be so fixated on how rotten we are? and all attempts by anyone, Christian or nonChristian, to recognize the message of salvation that Christ preached to us - all attempts at actual transformation are negated, not by the devil mind you, but by other Christians!

Every time a problem is recognized and a solution proposed, it is the Christians that start the drumbeat of fatalism. We are so busy flogging ourselves and condemning the world that all we can do is continue to consume faster and white knuckle it, setting our course as we circle the drain.

This is so contrary to the gospel. Drop the conspiracy garbage and recognize the work of the Holy Spirit in the world, just for a minute. For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son...........do you really think that God is going to lose? He died for us - you really cannot get more invested in a project......

I think it is time for a little of the faith that He was talking about. If we really are new creatures - over a billion of us, then we are surely capable of allowing Him to pull us out of the gutter - perhaps we just need to wake up and look around instead of hunkering down in our self made bunkers......

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
New world order at our doorstep who would have thought.
According to fatalistic Christians, it has been behind every bush and under every rock since Jesus returned to the Father, MJR. Glad that Jesus preached faith, not fatalism - not sure how we could have gotten it all so terribly wrong

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Satan rules planet earth at the present time. If you don't believe the Bible then look around you at the direction society is headed....but Revelation of the Bible says there will be a leader and one world government, the leader will be Jesus Christ, and the new earth will be run by Him...Thank God is will be end of man's feeble attempts to govern the planet...the end of man's rule....
So pope, it won't be you ultimately running planet earth, even though you and the corrupt systems may govern for a short time, but for eternity if will be the real Biblical messiah!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are told to watch so we watch, that is not fatalism, Jesus said, all theses things must come to pass, before the son of man, Time is short. So much greed an corruption, the world has being prepared over centuries the enemy putting His plan into place, Now with all this modern tech that we all love so much, he can do what he needs to do, So may gullible people thinking its their idea. For the new wo to take place we need a world wide market crash which I am stunned hasnt happened yet, banks and business keep trying to fix the holes in the sinking ship, germany seems to be the only country that is doing even reasonably well.But all this means is soon the Lord will return, and that is a day I look forward to,Christians need to be getting there lamps full before its too late.

In all His Love

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most Christians here, who believe in future events yet, agree who this world leader is, and I concur. The end times has many signs to watch for and we are told to watch by Jesus.

Some things that I watch for are (but not limited to):

1) A rise in natural disasters, earthquakes and the like. They are increasing in frequency.
2) Political events, namely, the formation of the "King of the South" alliances which with the terrorism and whatnot these days we see happening now, and a future union of the North, and "King of the North" aka the beast or Anti-Christ. This is not as obvious yet, considering the beast, "the Assyrian" has not openly manifested yet. Expect a 10-nation (king) confederacy and Germany rising to power again.
3) Religious events implying a false prophet. The bible speaks of the beast and false prophet together. This is the harlot church, and BTW any church that is mainline is a serious candidate. Jesus called us a "little flock".
4) Israel: I'm talking about the land and Jews returning although Jews are not all of Israel. There's other tribes too (c.g. Romans 9:6). Nevertheless, there's talk about these blood moons lately. Moons, per se, do not predict anything, and I am not claiming these are the moons in Joel or end times... rather a precursor. However, God does use calendar and heavenly signs in the same manner when we have a ten o'clock appointment the big hand is straight up and little hand pointing upward left to the 10. When we see that, then it's time to go. The first tetrad this past century was associated with regaining the land. The second one in the 60's the recapturing of Jerusalem, and I predicted (along with others) that this one has to do with the temple and I see more news than ever before on the temple. Everything is ready: blueprints, articles, priests' garb, they are trained, they are also raising red heifers. The only thing stopping them is the politics of the mount. So watch for the temple being built, because beast will then do that abomination thing and seat himself therein. The temple that man makes will be for the beast to desecrate and destroy again. Just keep that in mind. The temple is merely a sign to watch for.
5) And of course, the rise of general apostasy and low morals. Most Christians see this first since the tendency is to look within and subjectively with most. But the outward signs reflect the inward workings. Therefore, one can also distinguish by the outward signs mentioned in the bible. I have scripture and historical events for all these points I mentioned, so if anyone has a question "where I got that idea from".

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The physical temple will not be built..the temple referred to is within each believer...the antichrist has already seated himself there in the spirit of the vast majority of "christians" through the following of the pagan Roman system, which includes "the harlots daughters", who do not follow God's word...the term Holy Father, is a term which is reserved for God, Himself...not some person who seats himself on a throne in the vatican...interesting times ahead!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
The physical temple will not be built..the temple referred to is within each believer...the antichrist has already seated himself there in the spirit of the vast majority of "christians" through the following of the pagan Roman system, which includes "the harlots daughters", who do not follow God's word...the term Holy Father, is a term which is reserved for God, Himself...not some person who seats himself on a throne in the vatican...interesting times ahead!
While I don't disagree with you theologically, you have to understand that the temple means different things to different people. What you say is true from a Christian's (and God's) perspective. But the Jew does not see it this way. It will be rebuilt. Right, wrong, or otherwise, the temple is an important prophetic marker for the beast to seat himself in and show we are nearing end times. Yes, he does that in false-Christians' heart, but the bible is often dual in nature and this happens physically as well in a literal temple the way it was in the past. There's often an spiritual and literal fulfillment.

The Jews, namely the Temple Institute, have all the temple artifacts made, the priestly garb, and the training. Now they are raising red heifers full time (so they have one at a moments notice) and an entire blueprint for the temple. They just need the right moment to build the temple. That's the only step left. We can't sweep all this under the rug. I'm noticing a definite trend where Jews want to rebuild and more and more and the news is replete with stories of the Jews demanding rights to the temple mount.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
liafailrock

Yes, the preparations for the Temple have been ready for some time now. Last I looked into any Israeli info, it’s still law that Jews are not allowed on the grounds of the temple mount. Hence the continuous use of the wall. Don’t hold me to it but I do believe that wall is on the street a main drag back in the days of Jerusalem’s hay day. Maybe the same that is mentioned in Daniel, I think it’s Daniel, or maybe not. The Lord allows me to understand most of His percepts I ask Him about. But when it comes to prophesy and whether if we are going to experience the anticipated day of the Lord as persons still living in this life of flesh. Some times it seems no one has a clue, no matter how convinced they are, that they have a lock on it. It’s always more muddy then clear. I think because there are so many preconceived notions on the particulars of the subject, the puzzle never fits. The enemy likes it that way, works well, in the understanding/misunderstanding of God’s Word that’s for sure.

We, as men always have this theory rolling around in our heads and always looking for proofs that it’s true, and disregard what is really there. I have found that never works in the case of God's Word and how He fulfills it. The only One who knows exactly how He’s going to do it, is the Lord. He tells us enough so that we know that it is of His doing.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Graceismine said:
"Francis also called for a new global political authority tasked with “tackling … the reduction of pollution and the development of poor countries and regions”. His appeal echoed that of his predecessor, pope Benedict XVI, who in a 2009 encyclical proposed a kind of super-UN to deal with the world’s economic problems and injustices."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/15/pope-francis-destruction-ecosystem-leaked-encyclical
Sorry to burst your paranoia bubble but "a new global political authority" is without context in the news source of your link. In the official version, here is the paragraph where the phrase is found:
175. The same mindset which stands in the way of making radical decisions to reverse the trend of global warming also stands in the way of achieving the goal of eliminating poverty. A more responsible overall approach is needed to deal with both problems: the reduction of pollution and the development of poorer countries and regions. The twenty-first century, while maintaining systems of governance inherited from the past, is witnessing a weakening of the power of nation states, chiefly because the economic and financial sectors, being transnational, tends to prevail over the political. Given this situation, it is essential to devise stronger and more efficiently organized international institutions, with functionaries who are appointed fairly by agreement among national governments, and empowered to impose sanctions. As Benedict XVI has affirmed in continuity with the social teaching of the Church: “To manage the global economy; to revive economies hit by the crisis; to avoid any deterioration of the present crisis and the greater imbalances that would result; to bring about integral and timely disarmament, food security and peace; to guarantee the protection of the environment and to regulate migration: for all this, there is urgent need of a true world political authority, as my predecessor Blessed John XXIII indicated some years ago”.[129] Diplomacy also takes on new importance in the work of developing international strategies which can anticipate serious problems affecting us all.

Let me simplify:
To manage the global economy;
to revive economies hit by the crisis;
to avoid any deterioration of the present crisis and the greater imbalances that would result;
to bring about integral and timely disarmament,
food security and peace;
to guarantee the protection of the environment and to regulate migration

These social teachings are not evil. The church does not have the authority to create a political power and it is not what the Pope meant.

"...new importance in the work of developing international strategies which can anticipate serious problems affecting us all". has nothing to do with a super UN. What is a "true world political authority"? Let's dig a little deeper and find out what [SIZE=14.6666669845581px]Blessed John XXIII indicated some years ago, which clearly the Pope is referring to: [/SIZE]

Connection Between the Common Good and Political Authority

136. Now, if one considers carefully the inner significance of the common good on the one hand, and the nature and function of public authority on the other, one cannot fail to see that there is an intrinsic connection between them. Public authority, as the means of promoting the common good in civil society, is a postulate of the moral order. But the moral order likewise requires that this authority be effective in attaining its end. Hence the civil institutions in which such authority resides, becomes operative and promotes its ends, are endowed with a certain kind of structure and efficacy: a structure and efficacy which make such institutions capable of realizing the common good by ways and means adequate to the changing historical conditions.

137. Today the universal common good presents us with problems which are world-wide in their dimensions; problems, therefore, which cannot be solved except by a public authority with power, organization and means co-extensive with these problems, and with a world-wide sphere of activity. Consequently the moral order itself demands the establishment of some such general form of public authority.
ENCYCLICAL OF POPE JOHN XXIII ON ESTABLISHING UNIVERSAL PEACE IN TRUTH JUSTICE, CHARITY, AND LIBERTY

[SIZE=medium]Getting back to the original encyclical referred to by the OP: [/SIZE]LAUDATO SI’
[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]189. Politics must not be subject to the economy, nor should the economy be subject to the dictates of an efficiency-driven paradigm of technocracy. Today, in view of the common good, there is urgent need for politics and economics to enter into a frank dialogue in the service of life, especially human life. Saving banks at any cost, making the public pay the price, foregoing a firm commitment to reviewing and reforming the entire system, only reaffirms the absolute power of a financial system, a power which has no future and will only give rise to new crises after a slow, costly and only apparent recovery. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]Remember that most of the media is at war with the Catholic Church. Get a good source for information and don't be deceived. [/SIZE]

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Revelation 17 and 18 of the Bible seems to be a very good source of information regarding the pagan based Roman religion...describes it very well...even calls it "mother of harlots"...the future at that point looks very bleak for this counterfeit religious system doesn't it?

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Bibilical and of pagan origin!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
heretoeternity said:
Revelation 17 and 18 of the Bible seems to be a very good source of information regarding the pagan based Roman religion...describes it very well...even calls it "mother of harlots"...the future at that point looks very bleak for this counterfeit religious system doesn't it?

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Bibilical and of pagan origin!
My post , that you failed to address is, in response to OP. If you wish to remain blind to the outline of Catholic social teaching that I provided, which is very much in line with the OP, that's your business. But propagating Seventh Day Adventist hate speech?

Please folks, read the official versions and don't buy into the prevalent anti-Catholic headlines. Again:

136. Now, if one considers carefully the inner significance of the common good on the one hand, and the nature and function of public authority on the other, one cannot fail to see that there is an intrinsic connection between them. Public authority, as the means of promoting the common good in civil society, is a postulate of the moral order. But the moral order likewise requires that this authority be effective in attaining its end. Hence the civil institutions in which such authority resides, becomes operative and promotes its ends, are endowed with a certain kind of structure and efficacy: a structure and efficacy which make such institutions capable of realizing the common good by ways and means adequate to the changing historical conditions.

137. Today the universal common good presents us with problems which are world-wide in their dimensions; problems, therefore, which cannot be solved except by a public authority with power, organization and means co-extensive with these problems, and with a world-wide sphere of activity. Consequently the moral order itself demands the establishment of some such general form of public authority.

This is the truth of what the Pope meant by "global political authority". The existing authority we have must be based on moral order for the sake of the common good. Both encyclicals I posted are based on biblical precepts. Appointing some kind of dictator is contrary to Church teaching. Obstinate refusal to accept the truth just means the truth is not in you.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Apostle John says in 1st John "those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is not in them"...Does the pagan based Roman globalist (catholic) keep God's commandments..of course not...so obviously the truth is not in them! Just look at it's track record of killing over the centuries to force recruitment to their counterfeit religion..even up to Ireland of a few years ago, with Roman globalist (catholics) at war and killing "protestants"...Sure does not sound very Christian does it?