Pope meets with Muslims

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28891)
No just the oppisite They do preach againtst against it
Not in the two verses I quoted. In fact, they were being commended for keeping the traditions.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
As I said Old testament before Christ fulfilled these things it used to be how they kept the Word right but they had direct contact with God through the priests and prophets Christ changed all that

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28895)
As I said Old testament before Christ fulfilled these things it used to be how they kept the Word right but they had direct contact with God through the priests and prophets Christ changed all that
But these verses were written after Christ: 1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
as I delivered them to you (where did he write them ?the biblewhich ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.(again in the Word)or direct from the apostles or christ)not by some men that have started their own ideas it doesnt say we are to follow traditions of all men everywhere in fact it says we are not do you are trying to change the traditions of Gods to mean the traditions of men

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
If the Catholics banded with the Muslims, that would be 1 billion souls each. And if there are roughly 6 billions people on this Earth, then that would be 1/3 of the entire population of the Earth under Satan's control (so to speak).(That doesn't even include all of the other false religions and atheists).

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Wakka;28939)
If the Catholics banded with the Muslims, that would be 1 billion souls each. And if there are roughly 6 billions people on this Earth, then that would be 1/3 of the entire population of the Earth under Satan's control (so to speak).(That doesn't even include all of the other false religions and atheists).
Trying to live in peace is a good thing.The only was the Muslims and the Catholics could somehow "band together" is if the Muslims were to become Christians, which is something I don't see happening.. but hey, that's God's business. Catholics are not under Satan's control. I feel sad for you that you would think such a thing, and I am certain that Jesus forgives you for speaking so harshly against His Church because you do so, only out of ignorance.

Nov 8, 2007
The Roman Catholic Church Banded with Celtics and Paganistic religions, what makes you think it's different or that it wouldn't happen again with Muslims? History Repeats itself ALWAYS.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
If the catholic church joined the muslim church I would leave. and I'm sure the same can be said for Peacebewithyou.But the catholic church trying to make peace with the muslim church, that is completley different.lets set a hypothetical situationlets say that a terrorist organization is killing thousands of americans and christiansnow you are the leader of a religious organizationto try and stop the bloodshed do you tell them that they are doomed because they haven't accepted christor try to bring peace to the terrorist organization so they see the error in thier ways.and while bringing peace you show them Jesus through your actions and your goals in peacethats what I see in this.Not some satanic allianceyour brother in christRyan Fitzyour brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Peacebewithyou what peace are you talking about? We are not at war with muslims we at at war with terriosts you keep saying the Pope is making peace what peace he isnt talking to Osama or the terriost organization he talking to Islam leaders that we are not at war with These leaders can not controll the radical terriosts any more than we can the only peace he is making is between the Catholic church and Islam that is an abomination to God. If the Pope wants to do Gods will he would be standing next to the Jews telling the Arabs that they are wrong Jerusalem belongs to the Jews and its God holiest place on earth and that they will suffer Gods wrath if they think God is going to let a false religion take over his land that he gave to the Jews. I am telling you if the Pope continues on this road your church will suffer Gods wrath.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;29024)
The Roman Catholic Church Banded with Celtics and Paganistic religions, what makes you think it's different or that it wouldn't happen again with Muslims? History Repeats itself ALWAYS.
They didn't "band" with them.. the converted them.My goodness... read history.

Nov 8, 2007
LOL, by allowing them to keep their paganistic ways as long as they Kept Jesus as a name for another one of their gods, BY FORCE may I add. The Roman and Spanish Inquisition was an ugly one! They banded with them because they incorporated many of what the RCC does today. Pray to the dead, pray to idols etc.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;29028)
If the catholic church joined the muslim church I would leave. and I'm sure the same can be said for Peacebewithyou.But the catholic church trying to make peace with the muslim church, that is completley different.lets set a hypothetical situationlets say that a terrorist organization is killing thousands of americans and christiansnow you are the leader of a religious organizationto try and stop the bloodshed do you tell them that they are doomed because they haven't accepted christor try to bring peace to the terrorist organization so they see the error in thier ways.and while bringing peace you show them Jesus through your actions and your goals in peacethats what I see in this.Not some satanic allianceyour brother in christRyan Fitzyour brother in christRyan Fitz
You are wrong the pope is not meeting with the terrorists they are radicals no one controls them they kill muslims that dont agree with them the pope has no power over them they would just as soon see him dead along with any of Muslims leaders that meet with him. There is no peace here to make except between Islam a false religion and the church this isnt about peace and the Muslims will never accept Christ you delude yourself if you think this is not the road to an unholy aliance

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;29029)
Peacebewithyou what peace are you talking about? We are not at war with muslims we at at war with terriosts you keep saying the Pope is making peace what peace he isnt talking to Osama or the terriost organization he talking to Islam leaders that we are not at war with These leaders can not controll the radical terriosts any more than we can the only peace he is making is between the Catholic church and Islam that is an abomination to God. If the Pope wants to do Gods will he would be standing next to the Jews telling the Arabs that they are wrong Jerusalem belongs to the Jews and its God holiest place on earth and that they will suffer Gods wrath if they think God is going to let a false religion take over his land that he gave to the Jews. I am telling you if the Pope continues on this road your church will suffer Gods wrath.
Lol......after all these days and you don't even know my name
smile.gif
and out of this terrorist organization is there any christians, or budhist ect.no theres only muslims.and a way to reach these terrorist is to reach there religous leaders.If the muslim religon they are so loyal too start teaching nonviolence towards other countries and religonsdon't you think that that will have an effect on them your brother in christRyan Fitz

Nov 8, 2007
It's pretty much aligning Christian with Anti-Christ. Why anti-Christ, cause it's a religion that REJECTS JESUS CHRIST AS THE SON OF GOD. THAT'S WHY

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;29032)
You are wrong the pope is not meeting with the terrorists they are radicals no one controls them they kill muslims that dont agree with them the pope has no power over them they would just as soon see him dead along with any of Muslims leaders that meet with him. There is no peace here to make except between Islam a false religion and the church this isnt about peace and the Muslims will never accept Christ you delude yourself if you think this is not the road to an unholy aliance
and what kind of christians would we be if we just sat there and let this chaotic religon take its toll on itself and the world.you see I have hope, and its all foolish.Hope that all the christian churches will come togetherhope that the violence which plagues the world will end.hope that Jesus will come again.and in reality its all impossible but If we have faith we believe the impossible.for Our God does the impossibleyour brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;29036)
Lol......after all these days and you don't even know my name
smile.gif
and out of this terrorist organization is there any christians, or budhist ect.no theres only muslims.and a way to reach these terrorist is to reach there religous leaders.If the muslim religon they are so loyal too start teaching nonviolence towards other countries and religonsdon't you think that that will have an effect on them your brother in christRyan Fitz
Dear whats your name
smile.gif
smile.gif
(sorry dude)Get real many Muslims have spoken out against these radical terriost they end up dead the pope can do nothing even if he convined every Mulim cleric to come out againtst terrioism it would not stop these maniacsThis has nothing to do with politics its a religious alianceLike I said if the Pope wanted peace between religions hes on the wrong side So what if he convinces them the catholic church wants peace with them all that does it put the church in a unholy aliance its a joke wake up manIf the Pope was truly working for God he would be standing in Jerusalem telling them to stop trying to divide Gods land

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Kriss why are you so willing to talk about how the radicals will never be stopped.and yet so unwilling to talk about if how they can.have you lost hope in the situation????because with Jesus Christwe always have hopeyour brother in christRyan Fitz