POPE'S OFFICE IN THE BIBLE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
kepha31 said:
The catacombs of St. Callixtus are among the greatest and most important of Rome.
They originated about the middle of the second century and are part of a cemeterial complex which occupies an area of 90 acres, with a network of galleries about 12 miles long, in four levels, more than twenty meters deep.
In it were buried tens of martyrs, 16 popes and very many Christians.

They were buried, Bibliocentrist, Emperors were cremated. You want it both ways.

The catacombs of St.Callixtus are among the greatest and most important of Rome. They originated about the middle of the second century and are part of a cemeterial complex. In it were buried tens of martyrs, 16 popes and very many Christians.

They are named after the deacon Callixtus who, at the beginning of the third century, was appointed by pope Zephyrinus as the administrator of the cemetery and so the catacombs of St.Callixtus became the official cemetery of the Church of Rome.

In the open area are two small basilicas with three apses, known as the "Trichorae". In the Eastern one were perhaps laid to rest pope Zephyrinus and the young martyr of the Eucharist, St.Tarcisius.
The underground cemetery includes several areas. The Crypts of Lucina and the area of the Popes and of St.Cecilia are the most ancient areas.

http://www.catacombe.roma.it/en/index.php

According to my research/evidence, "bishop/pope Zephyrinus 199-217" = contemp emperor Severus 193/198-211; and "pope/bishop/deacon/saint/administrator Callistus/Cal(l)ixtus 217-222" = contemp emperor Caracalla 198/211-217. (And "Antipope Hippolytus" 217-236 = emperor Heliogabalus 218-222. Other popes & emperors before and after also match. Can't be concidence that so many match all in order.)

Unfortunately the stories of the popes/bishops are far too long for me to collect more details matches evidences. (Most church literature is like that, many pages long, like the Saints lives.) Anyone that isn't convinced that i have given enough quality/quantity evidence can study the popes & emperors biographies for more details matches evidences themselves. I simply don't have the time etc, and i only have dialup.

I'll check out the catacombs info, but so far it has hitherto seemed (and still seems) that there is no real hard evidence of the early popes/bishops names/persons and their alledged martyrdoms & burials (while there is evidence that they match emperors). There is no denying that many christians other than the supposed popes/bishops were persectued/martyred.
Caracalla is said to be notorious for massacres and persecutions, so that might link with the catacombs of "Callistus". Severus is reputed to have persecuted christians too.

It can not be coincidence that the earliest 46+ popes names & dates/orders etc are all very similar to the emperors. And it doesn't seem likely that there were lots of times with two prominent people in same city at same time with very similar names etc. It is possible the fakes adopted a similar name of one of the commoner christian martyrs, like someone taking the name of a person they defeated, or like wearing horns of a bull defeated.

Hopefully i will be quiting this by sometime this week if i am able to get to do the other more important things i need/want to do.

-----

Some possible origins of name Pope/Papa include:
pontiffex maximus? pater (mithraism)? prince of peace? poppo (Damasus II, 1048)? call no man father/Abba? Poppaea 2nd wife Nero? Popinarii (tavern keepers, Caracalla)?

When they came up with the fake early popes list is difficult to tell with scanty resources. But John in 'Revelation' mentions fake apostles, Nicolatines 1, synagogue of Satan, Balaam, Nicolatines 2, Jezebel, depths of Satan, defiled garments, synagogue of Satan 2, Laodiceans.

On the rock and keys of Matthew 16 i am wondering if there is a connection with the following bible verses. (I found this by wondering what tribe Simon Peter was and what tribe he might represent. Though these may be Jesus not Peter.)

49:22-26 "Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine by a spring. His branches run over the wall. The archers have sorely grieved him, shot at him, and persecute him: But his bow remained strong. The arms of his hands were made strong, by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, (from there is the shepherd, the stone of Israel), even by the God of your father, who will help you; by the Almighty, who will bless you, with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb. The blessings of your father have prevailed above the blessings of your ancestors, above the boundaries of the ancient hills. They will be on the head of Joseph, on the crown of the head of him who is separated from his brothers.

Deut 33:13-17 Of Joseph he said, His land is blessed by Yhwh, for the precious things of the heavens, for the dew, for the deep that couches beneath, for the precious things of the fruits of the sun, for the precious things of the growth of the moons, for the chief things of the ancient mountains, for the precious things of the everlasting hills, for the precious things of the earth and its fullness, the good will of him who lived in the bush. Let [the blessing] come on the head of Joseph, On the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers. The firstborn of his herd, majesty is his. His horns are the horns of the wild ox. With them he shall push the peoples all of them, [even] the ends of the earth: They are the ten thousands of Ephraim. They are the thousands of Manasseh.

Gen 48:5 Now your two sons, who were born to you in the land of Egypt before I came to you into Egypt, are mine; Ephraim and Manasseh, even as Reuben and Simeon, will be mine.

Gen 48:19 His father refused, and said, "I know, my son, I know. He also will become a people, and he also will be great. However, his younger brother will be greater than he, and his seed will become a multitude of nations."

1 Chron 5:1-2 The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel (for he was the firstborn; but, because he defiled his father's couch, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel; and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright. For Judah prevailed above his brothers, and of him came the prince; but the birthright was Joseph's:)

31:9 They shall come with weeping; and with petitions will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they shall not stumble; for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kepha31 said:
No, I meant what I said. You're the one that continually twists and prevaricate about what others say, much like the RCC does.
Either quote where I have "twists and prevaricate about what others say" or stop with the false accusations. If you can find an anti-Protestant web site operated by loyal Catholics that misrepresents or lies about your faith or anybody else's, post it. There aren't any. But there are billions of "bible Christian" web sites obsessed with persecuting Catholics. Your statement is sheer hypocrisy.

You cannot or will not refute or rebutt post #68. probably because you are ill-equipped. I won't hold your ignorance against you. At the same time, I don't need your childish insults, which is all you can offer. I wont be replying to you anymore as you are on my ignore list.

I address them all the time...YOU dismiss them or ignore them and I have NO desire whatsoever to repeat myself to one who is so obviously NOT willing to learn. It is others here, who determine whether you and your dogma are refuted or not, as obviously you have been rendered blind to the truth of scripture.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bibliocentrist said:
According to my research/evidence, "bishop/pope Zephyrinus 199-217" = contemp emperor Severus 193/198-211; and "pope/bishop/deacon/saint/administrator Callistus/Cal(l)ixtus 217-222" = contemp emperor Caracalla 198/211-217. (And "Antipope Hippolytus" 217-236 = emperor Heliogabalus 218-222. Other popes & emperors before and after also match. Can't be concidence that so many match all in order.)

Unfortunately the stories of the popes/bishops are far too long for me to collect more details matches evidences. (Most church literature is like that, many pages long, like the Saints lives.) Anyone that isn't convinced that i have given enough quality/quantity evidence can study the popes & emperors biographies for more details matches evidences themselves. I simply don't have the time etc, and i only have dialup.

I'll check out the catacombs info, but so far it has hitherto seemed (and still seems) that there is no real hard evidence of the early popes/bishops names/persons and their alledged martyrdoms & burials (while there is evidence that they match emperors). There is no denying that many christians other than the supposed popes/bishops were persectued/martyred.
Caracalla is said to be notorious for massacres and persecutions, so that might link with the catacombs of "Callistus". Severus is reputed to have persecuted christians too.

It can not be coincidence that the earliest 46+ popes names & dates/orders etc are all very similar to the emperors. And it doesn't seem likely that there were lots of times with two prominent people in same city at same time with very similar names etc. It is possible the fakes adopted a similar name of one of the commoner christian martyrs, like someone taking the name of a person they defeated, or like wearing horns of a bull defeated.

Hopefully i will be quiting this by sometime this week if i am able to get to do the other more important things i need/want to do.

-----

Some possible origins of name Pope/Papa include:
pontiffex maximus? pater (mithraism)? prince of peace? poppo (Damasus II, 1048)? call no man father/Abba? Poppaea 2nd wife Nero? Popinarii (tavern keepers, Caracalla)?

When they came up with the fake early popes list is difficult to tell with scanty resources. But John in 'Revelation' mentions fake apostles, Nicolatines 1, synagogue of Satan, Balaam, Nicolatines 2, Jezebel, depths of Satan, defiled garments, synagogue of Satan 2, Laodiceans.

On the rock and keys of Matthew 16 i am wondering if there is a connection with the following bible verses. (I found this by wondering what tribe Simon Peter was and what tribe he might represent. Though these may be Jesus not Peter.)

49:22-26 "Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine by a spring. His branches run over the wall. The archers have sorely grieved him, shot at him, and persecute him: But his bow remained strong. The arms of his hands were made strong, by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, (from there is the shepherd, the stone of Israel), even by the God of your father, who will help you; by the Almighty, who will bless you, with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb. The blessings of your father have prevailed above the blessings of your ancestors, above the boundaries of the ancient hills. They will be on the head of Joseph, on the crown of the head of him who is separated from his brothers.

Deut 33:13-17 Of Joseph he said, His land is blessed by Yhwh, for the precious things of the heavens, for the dew, for the deep that couches beneath, for the precious things of the fruits of the sun, for the precious things of the growth of the moons, for the chief things of the ancient mountains, for the precious things of the everlasting hills, for the precious things of the earth and its fullness, the good will of him who lived in the bush. Let [the blessing] come on the head of Joseph, On the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers. The firstborn of his herd, majesty is his. His horns are the horns of the wild ox. With them he shall push the peoples all of them, [even] the ends of the earth: They are the ten thousands of Ephraim. They are the thousands of Manasseh.

Gen 48:5 Now your two sons, who were born to you in the land of Egypt before I came to you into Egypt, are mine; Ephraim and Manasseh, even as Reuben and Simeon, will be mine.

Gen 48:19 His father refused, and said, "I know, my son, I know. He also will become a people, and he also will be great. However, his younger brother will be greater than he, and his seed will become a multitude of nations."

1 Chron 5:1-2 The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel (for he was the firstborn; but, because he defiled his father's couch, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel; and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright. For Judah prevailed above his brothers, and of him came the prince; but the birthright was Joseph's:)

31:9 They shall come with weeping; and with petitions will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they shall not stumble; for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Don't drink the kool-aid.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
kepha31 said:
Don't drink the kool-aid.
Yes there are many poisons in our food/drink including fluoridated & alluminium-laced water, sprayed food, etc which i try to avoid but is not very easy/possible due to my situation & condition.

I hope that is not a subtle hint/threat. It is hard enough to trust the pastor that helps with the water (which could be called cool aid (i know kool-aid is a consumer brand)). He could be really be working for the vatican for all i know.

Just another possible origin of title pope/papa:
Gaius Papirius (pontiffex Max, 509)? (&/or Numa Pompilius??)

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Keep an eye on your pastor. The Vatican dispatched thousands of Jesuit spies, often disguised as pastors, to infiltrate numerous communities, keeping "sola scriptura" alive, thus dividing Protestantism and its numerous cult like offshoots into oblivion.

1832676-6.jpg
You will be assimilated​
resistance is futile​

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
The new forum admin deleted the last week of posts in their two forum wind-back-the-clocks so i am reposting. This is the last time i repost this here. If they again delete then i go fully public with all my evidences. And i am leaving this forum except for restoring this. I do not like this new admin so far treating me like a dog.

That is my impression too - that the Roman sources are spurious/dubious/unreliable. There is no doubt that they are right about things like Peter being the rock, that Peter was in Rome, that there were alot of martyrs between Nero and Diocletian. But things are unreliable from "Clement" or later onwards. And it is not just "suspicion" as we have more or less proven that most/many if not all of the first 46+ popes/bishops (from at least "Linus" to Hilarius) were really Roman emperors. Bible says 2 or 3 or more witnesses (and also about not bear false witness). There must be biblical and historical (independent/secular and church/Roman, academic and alternative).

The evidence for that Peter does seem to have really been in Rome when he was old is biblical not just Roman. From last chapter of John, and last verses of Peter's letter, etc. Peter being taken where he would not, and "Babylon" as Rome may be like Babylonian capitivity, being like carried to "Babylon".

The evidence suggests to me that "Clement" is really Domitian or his cousin. And that Peter died in Rome during or before Domitian's/"Clement's" reign (not during Nero's, though the upsidedown cross and the age 66 y.o. seems to relate to "antichrist" Nero 666).
Persecution in Peter's letter has been suggested by orthodox scholars to maybe be Domitian's. Peter associated with Clementine chapel. The Peter primacy is linked with Clementine literature. We showed Clement matches Domitian (or he may match his cousin as others suggest). Clemency is inversion of persecution. Modern project Clementine 2 recalls that our 1 Clement matches Domitian (the 1st persecution excluding/after Nero's). (Domitian was considered a reincarnation of Nero.) Domitian and his cousin Clement had same first two names. Some popes lists have Clement first pope after Peter. I would be interested in a cyrptologist analysing 1 Clement.

The body they found in Rome might not be Peter but might possibly be Nero who some sources say burial unknown.

The only other possibility for "Babylon" (other than the candidates i already given in recent last few posts) is Antioch
Interestingly some family/families at Antioch claim to be descended from Peter.
Babylas 237 at Antioch.

There is also possibility menioned by some scholars that there were 2 Peters.

What tribe Peter may represent is either simeon-judah? joseph (stone)? zebulun-naphtali? dan?

We may have got just a couple/few correspondences slightly wrong. We were not able to study all the meanings of the names and all the biographies (& sources) of popes & emperors. It looks like Evaristus/Aristus is maybe not Nerva but is Trajan (Nerva Trajanus, who was called "best ruler"). Though pope/bishop Alexander is Trajan who was fine soldier and extended the empire and was "thinking aloud of Alexander at Charax". A few "popes/bishops" may match same emperor, or match mor than one emperor?

possible origins of name pope/papa "father/dad" :
~ pater (mithraism)?* prince of peace?* poppo (Damasus II, 1048)?* call no man father/abba?* Poppaea 2nd wife Nero? Papias (disciple of John)? Popinarii tavernkeepers? Gaius Papirius (pontiffex Max, 509 bc)? NumaPompilius? Papa BarAggai Bishop of Seleucia-Ctesiphon 280? Papias bishop of Hierapolis?

I again confirm that i have noted/considered the sources given.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bibliocentrist said:
The new forum admin deleted the last week of posts in their two forum wind-back-the-clocks so i am reposting. This is the last time i repost this here. If they again delete then i go fully public with all my evidences. And i am leaving this forum except for restoring this. I do not like this new admin so far treating me like a dog.
Again, you quite obviously do NOT understand the environment of forums and how they work. The Admin did NOT delete posts, they we lost in rebuilding the data base. Making ultimatums will only result in your finding somewhere else to post your rants.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bibliocentrist said:
Leave me alone I was not speaking to you, you seem to like arguing with people just for the sake of arguing. You sound too totally similar words just now to other forums i have had unfair treatment on.
It's a public forum and you're publicly criticising the Admin, so it is MY business. It is apparent you're the one with the issue of being paranoid and I suggest you either take some meds for your condition or go harass some other forum.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Bibliocentrist said:
Leave me alone I was not speaking to you, you seem to like arguing with people just for the sake of arguing. You sound too totally similar words just now to other forums i have had unfair treatment on.
You/they haven't proven anything. What ever i am wrong or supposedly wrong about and whatever you are supposedly right about doesn't mean i am wrong abou everything or that you/they are right about everything. People always attack me about wrong things or supposedly wrong things, no one ever compliments me on any right things. I have been on lots of forums for about 8 years and so i think i understand plenty about forums. Most forums i never have any problems unless/until low lives attack me like they did on historum. Your bs claims are contradiction to the admins own words. Don't you think it is strange he never apologised until after i pointed it out, and even then he merely said weird "please forgive", and a number of other strange things. Go ahead and ban me then as you threaten, you just heap coals on your own head and make more wrongs that i suffer.I will not be answering you or anyone anymore so any supposed "dis/proof" against me is unfair/untrue unless i am able to properly reply/defend. Only ever here now to repost any deleted evidences and then leaving nothing else. I am not wasting any more time on stupid forums. And i am not giving any more of my "dumb" discoveries away for free. The whole of law/s is covered in "do unto others as would have done to you" / "love your "neighbour" as your self".
One other evidence i forgot to repost was Cephas (Peter) is depicted/described with busy hair/beard, and Caesar means "hairy".
This is a discussion forum, there is no place here for post and run slander. I would prefer you stay, but if you only intend to post then run you may as well just leave.

You most definitely are over-reacting, Stan and many others lost far more posts than you did as a result of the computer glitch. If it takes so much effort to write your work, consider saving it offline.