Possible ideas of how earth's massive population will die off

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I was thinking just now the most likely way the earth's population will die off as it was prophesied in the Bible.1. Russia, Iran, or China releases some deadly virus (parasite) into the US via water storage plants or our food. It's extremely contagious and spreads quickly. Eventually makes it to the eastern hemisphere before a vaccine is developed.2. A less likely approach would be a nuclear holocaust. Personally, I do not believe that nuclear weapons can do much damage to the earth.Now if you have any ideas or insight then please share
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
In Rev. 8:8 it mentions "a great mountain burning with fire" that is cast into the sea and destroys much of the life therein. I believe that is possibly a comet or other large rock from the heavens cast down.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Following Antichrist for there will be a great delusion and the whole world (except for the elect) will be chasing after the beast believing him to be the true Christ God says had I not shortened the time not one would be left. Do you all know Antichrist comes first (6th trump) Christ not untill the last 7th trump

bonzion

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;20329)
I was thinking just now the most likely way the earth's population will die off as it was prophesied in the Bible.1. Russia, Iran, or China releases some deadly virus (parasite) into the US via water storage plants or our food. It's extremely contagious and spreads quickly. Eventually makes it to the eastern hemisphere before a vaccine is developed.2. A less likely approach would be a nuclear holocaust. Personally, I do not believe that nuclear weapons can do much damage to the earth.Now if you have any ideas or insight then please share
smile.gif
come on guy, what makes you think the Russians, Chinese or Iranians are that evil. An experience evangelist should not be thinking like that. Be mindful of what you wish for. Probably, the CIA may do the very thing you think the Russians or Chinese might do. They enemy comes usually from within

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Future Babylon at her destruction is called a burnt mountain:Jeremiah 51:24-26 24And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD. 25Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain. 26And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations; but thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith the LORD.I believe that Babylons destruction is the event which destroys 1/3 of the planet as described by John:Rev 8: 7The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. 8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. It is this event that causes the Sun to be black as sackcloth and the moon blood red.Revelation 6:12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;The destruction of Babylon takes place after the 1260 days of the tribulation:Matt 24: 29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:....and before the day of the Lord.Joel 2:31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.In Yehoshua,Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(guysmith;28019)
Future Babylon at her destruction is called a burnt mountain:Jeremiah 51:24-26 25Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain. Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000
This was an interesting connection Guy Smith....thank you..........Whirlwind

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
We already know that 1/3 of the population will die when the 6th trumpet is blown in Rev. 913The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, 'Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.' 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind."So after that i think the remaining plauges will rid the world of most of the people that still remain. And those lucky few who are still alive after all this will get to see the Glorious Second Coming of Christ

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I hope those plagues aren't painful. Maybe the Lord will spare the suffering of His children. Us.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well Im not 100% percent sure that the sixth trump is talking literal death of 1/3 of the people as that is When Antichrist (Satan arrives) and he comes in peacefully and prosperously and it could be speaking spititually that 1/3 of the people will run to follow him right off the bat causing them to become spiritually dead.That being said I am sure many will also physically dieBut there will be plagues and the such but dont worry God protects his own just stay in his word and dont follow the fake christ.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(bonzion;27921)
come on guy, what makes you think the Russians, Chinese or Iranians are that evil. An experience evangelist should not be thinking like that. Be mindful of what you wish for. Probably, the CIA may do the very thing you think the Russians or Chinese might do. They enemy comes usually from within
completley agree

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;28430)
Well Im not 100% percent sure that the sixth trump is talking literal death of 1/3 of the people as that is When Antichrist (Satan arrives) and he comes in peacefully and prosperously and it could be speaking spititually that 1/3 of the people will run to follow him right off the bat causing them to become spiritually dead.That being said I am sure many will also physically dieBut there will be plagues and the such but dont worry God protects his own just stay in his word and dont follow the fake christ.
Just curious but what do you think it means when it says that the four angels will be released to kill a third of mankind. The number of troops will be 200 million and it say's by these three plagues a third of mankind was killed: fire, smoke, and sulfur. If you think that it MIGHT mean a spiritual death then what do you think the three plagues symbolize?...I don't really like the way I worded that first sentence it sounds kind of rude to you Kriss but its not intentional, I apologize if it comes off that way

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Oh dont get me wrong I do think many many will die I am just not sure that it will happen right here in that verse when Satan(antichrist) first gets here because he will be coming here peacfully and prosperously he will heal the deadly wound to one world system He will holding revivals and winning friends and influencing people. He will be quoting (twisting) scripture trying to convince us he is christ returned it is for this reason I suspect this partiicular verse is talking in a spiritual sense rather than literal. I do think the other verses you mention are literal phsyical deaths. I even think many will die before Antichrist even gets here because I think the World will suffer a deadly wound and be crying out for a savior. When antichrist enters this world.Guess you could say Im kind of entertaining the thought a third will die physically, a third will die spitually, and a third will overcome this is a personanal idea Im still praying on and studying about.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Wakka;20329)
smile.gif
We know about the plagues in Revelation. But I am sure there will be many who die as today simply for being a believer near the end.
smile.gif

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;28567)
...Guess you could say Im kind of entertaining the thought a third will die physically, a third will die spitually, and a third will overcome this is a personanal idea Im still praying on and studying about.
I have actually never thought of it like that, whenever I read over that verse I just assumed it was completely literal without really thinking about it.But I understand what your saying and now that I think about it I can't say I don't agree. It actually doesn't suprise me though that I over-looked that possibility, I take the bible very literally, I still get the meanings behind parables...well I guess the bible is pretty literal. But I usually take Revelations just as literal as every other book and I can't count the times I have been told by people that Revelations is a very hard to understand book, and very symbolic.What do you think about Revelations, and how literally it can be taken?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think its both I think it has a basic literal teaching and a deeper symbolic teaching it is that way with most of the Bible it is the way God teaches its mostly literal to an average reader of the word to give a basic understanding of the Word. Then there is layers of deeper more symbolic teachings, Its a living word it never stops teaching so everything can not just be literal nor can everything just be symbolic. The thing I find that causes the most problems when one studies symbol's is they dont follow Gods rules you can NOT go outside scripture to get your symbolism or you get crazy men talk if God uses a symbol he always tells us what it means. Example he says in Rev. Stars are angels this is symbolic. Does that mean every time the Bible says the Word "stars" its talking of Angels ? No, of course not, sometimes its just literal stars. The Bible student must always however consider both the literal and the symbolic to see if there is a deeper teaching here to consider.Example: if one reads of the stars falling from the heavens is this literal or symbolicif its literal its meaning is obvious. If its symbolic then God must have told us somewhere in scripture about Angels coming to earth. We then study the who, what, and why of these angels. This gives us a deeper understanding of what God is telling us.Suddenly you will see a whole new wisdom in the book the literal reader has never understood.But if Gods rules are not followed in symbolics you might get some crazy story of a man who decides these falling stars are Tom Cruise and Brittney Spears going to take over the World:)Hope I made that understandable

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
haha you did, and I assume I will only get better with time. I hate being knew at this stuff, and I get angry w/ myself for all the years I wasted when I could have been studying his word...well actually probably only the past 3 maybe 4 years. Any earlier than that and I would have been to young to understand.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
This thread is not for real right? It never ceases to amaze me at how the human race is so obsessed with its own demise.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(crooner;30544)
twoHow come your not as excited as we are?
I would not say not excited. I really do not know what I am at this point....things are a little out of focus for me right now....I guess confused would be a better term for lack of another word.....I have this turmoil with the AntiChrist trying to figure some things out about what the scripture says about him. I have found that it does not matter where you go every one has a different opinion about who it is and where he will come from...theres a book the Messanic Bible that I have been trying to find a free download of but cannot I think it will help me in my study of this.....:pray3: