Practical Righteousness Corner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted a place to gather resources like Scripture, videos, and articles supporting a practical view of righteousness. This is a righteousness consisting of abstaining from sin and helping those around us with urgent needs.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to not respond for any reason.

I see the biggest obstacle for Christians having practical righteousness is that they think it's unnecessary or even detrimental to following Jesus. Doctrines that support this include but are not limited to Once Saved Always Saved/Eternal Security, Justification by faith alone, and Total Depravity.

Here's a Scripture to open up:

1 John 3:7
King James Version
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't Misunderstand Grace

This is an article from Alan Ballou.

Highlight:

"Once Christians realize that we are instructed to allow ourselves to become slaves of righteousness, in order to be set free from sin (Romans 6:17-18), healed (1 Peter 2:24), and have everlasting life (Romans 6:22), then it becomes obvious that they were previously deceived.

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. NKJV

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. NKJV

1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness — by whose stripes you were healed. NKJV

Only a Christian who wholeheartedly obeys the teachings to the point of becoming a slave to righteousness is set free from sin (Romans 6:17-18 , above). Can we wholeheartedly obey the teachings and reject the righteousness of faith?

Those who are set free from sin by allowing themselves to become God’s slave will enjoy everlasting life (Romans 6:22, above), but those who live according to the flesh will die.

Romans 8:12-13 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors — not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. NKJV"

Reactions: Nancy and Hepzibah

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A brief video promoting Scripture over Calvinism, addressing TULIP.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It is finished" false doctrine

Article by Alan Ballou.

Highlight:

"I heard, “We’re resting on the finished work of Christ,” and it was spoken as if there was an actual verse that says “Do not obey Jesus, but simply rest in His finished work!” In fact, all they kept saying when questioned was, “It is finished!”

Years ago I was questioned by church leaders because I was teaching repentance. Their reasoning was that the thief on the cross did not repent. That sounded good, just like “it is finished,” but did Jesus instruct us to be like the thief?

I gladly provided a few verses on repentance for those who questioned me, but here is the issue with doing that. The people who can hear the verses will be able to see them once they read them, but those who cannot see the verses will continue to persecute those who are born again (Galatians 4:29)."

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't Misunderstand Grace

This is an article from Alan Ballou.

Highlight:

"Once Christians realize that we are instructed to allow ourselves to become slaves of righteousness, in order to be set free from sin (Romans 6:17-18), healed (1 Peter 2:24), and have everlasting life (Romans 6:22), then it becomes obvious that they were previously deceived.

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. NKJV

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. NKJV

1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness — by whose stripes you were healed. NKJV

Only a Christian who wholeheartedly obeys the teachings to the point of becoming a slave to righteousness is set free from sin (Romans 6:17-18 , above). Can we wholeheartedly obey the teachings and reject the righteousness of faith?

Those who are set free from sin by allowing themselves to become God’s slave will enjoy everlasting life (Romans 6:22, above), but those who live according to the flesh will die.

Romans 8:12-13 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors — not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. NKJV"
Wynona, I already do not agree with the article you quote from.

The words I bolded is my issue already with the author. We do not allow ourselves to become anything or do anything on our own accord at this point after rebirth. We are caused or transformed to being slaves to righteousness and not to sin, by being justified and declaring ourselves righteous of God at our initial conversion. The new spirit of Christ within us will put the brakes on this carnal sinning, quick time. It happens over time to each one in Christ as we grow and mature in holiness. We definitely are slaves to righteousness therefore, not by our post conversion works from our own will. No we continue in faith to allow God to do this work for us in Christ.

It was a byproduct of us after we made one decision, to allow God to open our hearts to plant the seed of life into our hearts. If he does not cultivate it first, and if we refuse God, and decide to try opening our heart in our own faith and carnal corrupted heart on our own steam, it will always fail to grow this precious seed of the gospel. The seed will not be receptive to God's call and many will think they are saved and yet that are not.

This author sounds like he want his audience to work for their salvation...I may be wrong as I did not ready the article thoroughly......

(Eph 2:8) For by grace have you been saved through faith, and that faith is not of yourselves, it is a gift from God.
(Eph 2:9) It is not of works, that no one should boast.
(Eph 2:10) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God beforehand prepared that we should walk in them. Unity Created Between Jew and Gentile

I need to now exit unfortunately for the evening...

Reactions: Debp

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We definitely are slave to righteousness therefore, not by our post conversion works from our own will. No we continue in faith to allow God to do this work for us in Christ.
What exactly is the difference between allowing God to do the work of being slaves to righteousness vs achieving it by post conversion works of our own will?

I could use clarity. I see a lot of people insisting that our role in salvation and sanctification is completely passive. As in, "don't do it yourself, let God do the work."

I mean, it sounds very good and spiritual. But how does this actually play out, for example, when you are tempted to sin? Does God just take over and force you not to?

And what about Scriptures that clearly imply self-effort?

Luke 13:24
King James Version
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

1 John 3:3
King James Version
3 And every man that hath this hope in him *purifieth himself*, even as he is pure.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly is the difference between allowing God to do the work of being slaves to righteousness vs achieving it by post conversion works of our own will?

I could use clarity. I see a lot of people insisting that our role in salvation and sanctification is completely passive. As in, "don't do it yourself, let God do the work."

I mean, it sounds very good and spiritual. But how does this actually play out, for example, when you are tempted to sin? Does God just take over and force you not to?

And what about Scriptures that clearly imply self-effort?

Luke 13:24
King James Version
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

1 John 3:3
King James Version
3 And every man that hath this hope in him *purifieth himself*, even as he is pure.
I need to hit the sack sis. Let me reply tomorrow....

just viewing your post... Even in Luke 13:24 it has deeper undercurrents in meaning that just the surface read. I can answer this for you as well...whether you agree or not, or consider it or not, up to you. And many verses of scripture consider you also understand the context and other associated verses...the Spirit has written it this way by design

I know it sounds like you want clear answers...I will try to help...later then

Reactions: Wynona

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wanted a place to gather resources like Scripture, videos, and articles supporting a practical view of righteousness. This is a righteousness consisting of abstaining from sin and helping those around us with urgent needs.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to not respond for any reason.

I see the biggest obstacle for Christians having practical righteousness is that they think it's unnecessary or even detrimental to following Jesus. Doctrines that support this include but are not limited to Once Saved Always Saved/Eternal Security, Justification by faith alone, and Total Depravity.

Here's a Scripture to open up:

1 John 3:7
King James Version
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
Just be righteous, no big talk, no fanfare, no frills, no ego stroking, no advertising.

Reactions: Lambano

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona, can you say what might puzzle you or has frazzled you lately by focusing on the subject of righteousness? Do you think that sin of unrighteousness and scripture telling you are righteous today, muddies the waters for you and you cannot grasp this subject? I expect this might be the same for many believers. And preachers do not really dissect this subject that well. They preach the party line and what they were taught in their education.

And I do not think there is such a concept as 'practical righteousness.' You may have created it as a compromise thought to cause peace within you.

If I read this expression as a headline of an article, I would think it means someone who does not understand the righteousness of God being in Christ. Someone who thinks that they have already achieved it in their life, on their own, without faith!

And what makes some areas of this subject more difficult is that the Greek to English translations are poor.

You know this subject is not for the new in Christ.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let me go into the subject a bit more...hope it loosens some doubts still lingering in your mind...

(2Co 5:21) He who knew no sin, he became a sin offering on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

The Greek transliterated word 'ginomai' means in English, to become or to come into being, or to cause to be, in the broadest of possible terms imaginable.

We literally today, as believers, are the righteousness of God in/through Christ. Eventhough we are still in the flesh with a much less carnal disposition and diminishing in time as we mature, and we do cause the Spirit to convict us of sin, and also diminishing in time. Although we do not still sin today, even in this flesh. Yes, it does sound ridiculous although according to the terms of our new engagement/marriage to/in Christ we do not sin and are righteous, as God himself. Yet this is the spoon of wisdom and knowledge that needs to be swallowed...

We are not two-times and married to the law and God's law in Christ!!

Like Paul wrote, when a woman remarries when her husband dies, she is allowed or freed to remarry. Paul then makes this analogy to our new marriage as the flesh under the power of the law is now considered DEAD. Believe this with your heart in strong faith!

We then are married in faith to Christ, inseparable in spirit, where we are not dominated by the law anymore. Can you see this crucial point of focus? We are truly righteous and need not do ant extra works to stay righteous, it will not work. We are now in faith to faith...or constant faith in this new relationship as its ONLY BASIS. Forget the old marriage of the flesh to the law that always condemned us and made us very guilty of sin. It was a cruel and merciless abusive husband. Thank God this law is dead. And he called us to him in his righteousness. So how can we not be righteous today? It is God's new law we are married to....? YOU cannot now choose to say, No, I must do more with more good old carnal works. Are you forgetting who you are NOW wedded to???!!! Christ wants a faithful partner.

...then go back and read this again and find the scripture I addressed and more concerning righteousness in Christ, of God

...don't let the unsaved or the evil one call you a sinner or self-righteous again, as you are not in God's eyes, anymore. In faith....in a new marriage indeed...

there's more of course to this very, very important subject.....

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
(2Co 5:21) He who knew no sin, he became a sin offering on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

I noticed that the Thread's OP has a need to keep talking about their obsession with OSAS or "losing salvation".

They really should get over that.....

And @APAK ... What you posted is the only righteousness that a sinner is ever going to have...

So, those who pretend that their works are their righteousness, have "not yet submitted themselves to the righteousness that is only found by being "IN CHRIST" as "BORN AGAIN" = as a ""new Creation".

The only Righteousness that exists on this EARTH... is JESUS's Righteousness..... and when we are born again INTO HIM... as 'IN CHRIST" then we have HIS, and that is the only that GOD has provided or ever will.. = FOR A SINNER.

And the JEWS, and a lot of fake religious people are "ignorant of God's Righteousness (Jesus) and go about trying to establish THEIRS" and they tend to come to forums and post Thread's regarding proving how they don't understand anything about the Cross of Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Debp and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed that the Thread's OP has a need to keep talking about their obsession with OSAS or "losing salvation".

They really should get over that.....

And @APAK ... What you posted is the only righteousness that a sinner is ever going to have...

So, those who pretend that their works are their righteousness, have "not yet submitted themselves to the righteousness that is only found by being "IN CHRIST" as "BORN AGAIN" = as a ""new Creation".

The only Righteousness that exists on this EARTH... is JESUS's Righteousness..... and when we are born again INTO HIM... as 'IN CHRIST" then we have HIS, and that is the only that GOD has provided or ever will.. = FOR A SINNER.

And the JEWS, and a lot of fake religious people are "ignorant of God's Righteousness (Jesus) and go about trying to establish THEIRS" and they tend to come to forums and post Thread's regarding proving how they don't understand anything about the Cross of Christ.

Hopefully these people dont become Mods of "christian" forums, as God knows that is the worst case scenario ....
Agreed although this subject does place some doubts and misunderstanding concerning their new founded righteousness of God... for especially new believers..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Agreed although this subject does place some doubts and misunderstanding concerning their new founded righteousness of God... for especially new believers..

Yes.

and here is a fact........ most new Christians........ get up the next morning, after they have trusted in Christ the day before... and maybe they feel nothing.

"what happened".....>"yesterday i was SKY HIGH ON JESUS" and today i woke up and the first thing i thought about was some SIN"

Then they instantly think..."am i saved"...>"how can i think about HER or HIM that way,.. and yesterday all i wanted was JESUS".

So, that is "brand new Christian, with a carnal mind".

Romans 7 has arrived.

And so, this is why God sends Teachers and Pastors and so forth... "for the PERFECTING of the SAINTS"...

As we all have to be perfected after we are become "One with God", "made righteous"..

= Because.....Our MINDS will not relate to our Salvation, if we dont get our MIND right.

So, we have to do what Hebrews 13:9 says...

A.) "establish your HEART with GRACE".... or a "doctrine of Devil's is going to get your carnal mind and turn you into one of the "ism's".

To Establish your heart, is referring to simply...."learn ONLY to only see yourself as God sees you"

= "Born again, as a new Creation".. "In Christ".. "one with God"....."MADE Righteous"... 'MADE"... <<<<<

And until the believer gets this RENEWED MIND< they will remain in : Hebrews 6:1

Most remain there for life.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold I have to admit, right on again Behold, and using a very appropriate verse of scripture

(Heb 6:1) Therefore leaving the doctrine of the first principles of Christ, let us press on to completion. Not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works, faith toward God.

But I don't want to second guess anyone in this matter of the heart. I will cut short of labelling others out of ignorance...and then shame on me...and then I must duly apologize...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona ...a person in a blog once said of true repentance to righteousness,
-------------------------start quote----------------------------
"Repentance is the exchange of God's opinion of you instead of your own opinion of yourself. As you embrace God's TRUTH concerning you, you let go and reject your own ideas and opinion of yourself.

So YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST.

Embrace that truth. This is the REAL truth concerning you."
-------------------------end quote----------------------------------------
It is simple language and to me it says I give up my-self, all of it and who I really am to and for God's-self and keeping. It is not me that lives today, it is God in me through his Son that lives forevermore by the gift of miraculous faith.

The 'old dead' law suited only for the flesh served as a painful lesson and reminder from God to describe our sinful fallen state. His grace and love brought to me peace, love, patience and forgiveness in Christ, and as a subsequence of this spiritual act and new seed within me, I'm now one of the righteous of God, in holiness and glory. We are all engaged today be married in Christ as one Body united for our God to live within us. The full realization of restoration by the power of God's will and purpose...Amen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But I don't want to second guess anyone in this matter of the heart. I will cut short of labelling others out of ignorance...and then shame on me...and then I must duly apologize...

When "Brethren" are face to face in Life, we can evaluate each other, as James teaches, as "i'll show you my faith by my works"..

But online, we only have access to what people POST< and that is perfectly related to what they BELIEVE.

And we compare this to Paul's teaching.. on Justification, Redemption, regarding how a True Believer, born again, has been "made righteous".

So, that is always......John 14:6... The Cross of Christ.

So, "heresy" regarding this is 2 fold..

1.) The person does not understand HOW they were saved....

2.) The person does not understand how they STAY saved.

So, we notice this, based on our Knowing that JESUS is Salvation..

And once they start in with.....>"i can lose my salvation" or.... "i have to work to be saved, i have to confess sin to keep it'..

The we immediately know that THEY are not Trusting IN CHRIST completely to SAVE THEM and KEEP Them Saved.

So that is "broken faith" or that is a "religious but lost" person trying to imitate Christ as their idea of how to be saved and go to heaven.

Those #2... are the "depart i never knew you".... people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Debp and APAK

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona ...a person in a blog once said of true repentance to righteousness,
-------------------------start quote----------------------------
"Repentance is the exchange of God's opinion of you instead of your own opinion of yourself. As you embrace God's TRUTH concerning you, you let go and reject your own ideas and opinion of yourself.

So YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST.

Embrace that truth. This is the REAL truth concerning you."
-------------------------end quote----------------------------------------
It is simple language and to me it says I give up my-self, all of it and who I really am to and for God's-self and keeping. It is not me that lives today, it is God in me through his Son that lives forevermore by the gift of miraculous faith.

The 'old dead' law suited only for the flesh served as a painful lesson and reminder from God to describe our sinful fallen state. His grace and love brought to me peace, love, patience and forgiveness in Christ, and as a subsequence of this spiritual act and new seed within me, I'm now one of the righteous of God, in holiness and glory. We are all engaged today be married in Christ as one Body united for our God to live within us. The full realization of restoration by the power of God's will and purpose...Amen

Hey APAK, thank you for your thoughtful replies on this topic.

Let me try my question again:

We may likely never agree on what counts as earning your salvation and cancelling the grace of God.

My current view is that there are deeply rooted theological traditions that teach that all self-effort is spiritually detrimental. They conflate it with going back under the laws of Moses. But these same traditons tend to ignore clear commands from Scripture to make efforts to resist temptation, to make your calling and election sure.

I don't see it as either "God does everything." Or "we do everything". I don't see good works done out of faith canceling the grace of God according to Scripture.

Good works done out of faith should be every Christian's goal. We should all be zealous for doing good and not be afraid that that will somehow cancel out the grace of God. Going back under the laws of Moses to try to be righteous is what is declared foolish.

But helping those in need? Resisting temptation and worldly lusts? These are all good and are done because of faith toward Jesus.

Many are so anxious to give us assurance and prevent us from feeling condemned that they steamroll over clear instructions from Scripture that would easily give us confidence in our faith if we followed them.

Loving others the way Jesus did does give us boldness in the day of judgement.

Self-effort and willpower alone can not give you victory over temptation. But renewing our minds with the Scriptures definitely can.

Scripture doesn't demonize all self-effort. I see this as a modern and somewhat harmful popular tradition.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may be starting to understand why many people will reject any objections to Eternal Security and don't seem to care whether it's biblical or not.

For many Christians doctrines like OSAS, faith alone, and rejecting works and self effort are the only source of assurance tbat they are saved and going to heaven.

If you were taught your whole life that its impossible to stop sinning, then justification by faith alone seems like the only way to really know that you are saved. It can't be on any personal basis because if it was, we'd be condemned and unqualified.

So then eternal security rises up to reassure people's hearts that they are making it. And to question that appears to be ruining the confidence people have.

Do I think we need eternal security doctrines to have assurance of salvation? No. We need to use the tests and assurances Jesus and the apostles laid out in Scripture.

James writes that extending help to those in need rather than looking the other way is a way to prove our faith is genuine.

I don't believe there's any genuine assurance of our salvation unless we see ourselves obeying Jesus and walking in love.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey APAK, thank you for your thoughtful replies on this topic.

Let me try my question again:

We may likely never agree on what counts as earning your salvation and cancelling the grace of God.

My current view is that there are deeply rooted theological traditions that teach that all self-effort is spiritually detrimental. They conflate it with going back under the laws of Moses. But these same traditons tend to ignore clear commands from Scripture to make efforts to resist temptation, to make your calling and election sure.

I don't see it as either "God does everything." Or "we do everything". I don't see good works done out of faith canceling the grace of God according to Scripture.

Good works done out of faith should be every Christian's goal. We should all be zealous for doing good and not be afraid that that will somehow cancel out the grace of God. Going back under the laws of Moses to try to be righteous is what is declared foolish.

But helping those in need? Resisting temptation and worldly lusts? These are all good and are done because of faith toward Jesus.

Many are so anxious to give us assurance and prevent us from feeling condemned that they steamroll over clear instructions from Scripture that would easily give us confidence in our faith if we followed them.

Loving others the way Jesus did does give us boldness in the day of judgement.

Self-effort and willpower alone can not give you victory over temptation. But renewing our minds with the Scriptures definitely can.

Scripture doesn't demonize all self-effort. I see this as a modern and somewhat harmful popular tradition.
Well then now that you have said all this I mostly agree with it all.

Then this is my advice:
1. Do NOT listen to canned sermons of the establishment preachers and 'churches.' And especially from those that keep wanting to pat us on our backs when they need to give Goldy advice of encouragement you to keep on praying, learning more and the knowledge of truth to mature in Christ. We are never instantly mature believers at our conversion, on the verge of perfection, yet. It took Paul several decades under his trials and temptations. Remember, he was murderer of Christ's people at one time. He had much baggage to get rid of.

Stay close to others in the Body who draw you, and raise your spirit, alive in Christ. And keep praying in the Spirit for guidance concerning the truth and the written word.

2. I agree, if the works you speak of are driven from your union with Christ as spiritual fruits as the products of your heart, then they are certainly good works of faith in righteousness. They must be demonstrated using this faith you have today. So we do the action for God as he desires, all from the heart that also has the new seed implanted there. They ae inseparable. When you say God cannot do it all. He does, along with our faithful cooperation only. And we stumble at times when we forget this within ourselves.

3. And when you say," But these same traditions tend to ignore clear commands from Scripture to make efforts to resist temptation, to make your calling and election sure. This 3rd point is where I do take exception. We must use and rely and have faith that the Spirit of God will show us the way to keep us our of temptation. And it won't always happen, in the flesh.

When Paul spoke these words he never meant a binary decision was to be make by us by ourselves, to go it alone, without knowing and acknowledging we are also in a new relationship with Christ's spirit. He meant since we are the elect, and were called, confirm it by making resistance to sin a habit, by and with in faith in the presence of Christ's spirit. No one in the flesh, and I say no one can always resist temptation. You might have added to this as in a form of doubt, and the need to sneak around Christ one day and get it done to please God. Not happening, God will not be please as he sees you are still thinking that you are under the old law....a no no....

If there are other scripture that say 'clear commands' to make very effort to resist temptation etc., then please tell me of them so I can address them ALL.

And you and I must read scripture from a Greek traditional view as Paul wrote. 'Making every effort' in this area of scripture has hidden underlying meanings, unknown to the modern reader that you or I could be missing, and I've tried to uncover just one.

Let's look at 2 Peter 1

(2Pe 1:1) Spiritual Growth Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those that have obtained the same precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God, and the Saviour Jesus Christ.
(2Pe 1:2) Grace to you and peace be multiplied in the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord.
(2Pe 1:3) Seeing that His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the precise and correct knowledge of Him that called us by His own glory and virtue.
(2Pe 1:4) Whereby He has granted to us His precious and exceedingly great promises, that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.
(2Pe 1:5) Yes and for this very cause you on your part should show all diligence; to your faith add virtue, and to virtue, knowledge.
(2Pe 1:6) And to your knowledge self-control, and to your self-control patience, and to your patience, reverence toward God.
(2Pe 1:7) And to your reverence toward God, brotherly kindness, and to your brotherly kindness, love.
(2Pe 1:8) For if these things are yours and abound, they make you to be neither idle nor unfruitful in the precise and correct knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(2Pe 1:9) For he that lacks these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins.
(2Pe 1:10) Wherefore brothers, give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you shall never stumble.
(2Pe 1:11) For thus shall be richly supplied to you the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The Certainty of Truth
(2Pe 1:12) Wherefore I shall be ready always to put you in remembrance of these things, though you know them and are established in the truth which is with you.
(2Pe 1:13) And I think it right, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance.
(2Pe 1:14) Knowing that the putting off of my tabernacle comes swiftly, even as our Lord Jesus Christ indicated to me.
(2Pe 1:15) Yes, I will give diligence that at every time you may be able after my death to call these things to remembrance.

Look at 1 Peter 1:10b...you shall never stumble. Do you think Paul is saying he can never stumble and because he cannot, this means, he is ensuring he STAYS elected and even saved? Or, that he and everyone in Christ can still stumble, and only by not stumbling and then getting up again, we are just confirming who we are, in Christ? We have never lost election as you might think by Paul's words. It is not a binary decision for us to even contemplate that means we can lose election or salvation. This is a form of doubt to me that can seep in ...

Last edited: