Pray for me and my cat

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My 15 year old cat is dying. It happened very suddenly.

I also have a health issue that came up again last night.

Miss Kitty is not eating or drinking, just lays in the closet away from everything. Last night I saw blood along one of her front legs... perhaps some throw up. I will probably have to take her to be put to sleep, hoping I can do that with my health issue.

I'm going to bed early tonight to get some rest.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry to hear this Depb!....my heart is very much with you at the moment, having to have your beloved cat put to sleep, when you aren’t in the best of health yourself....I pray that God gets you through this time..in Jesus Name!...Amen!!...

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry to hear this Depb!....my heart is very much with you at the moment, having to have your beloved cat put to sleep, when you aren’t in the best of health yourself....I pray that God gets you through this time..in Jesus Name!...Amen!!...
Thank you so much.

I tried bringing her out to the sofa last night briefly to see my elderly mother and for me to hold her a little. But she almost immediately wanted to get down and she is weak. So I took her back to the closet where she is resting quietly. At least she doesn't seem to be in pain.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To live by faith is the ability to let go of the things we love most. Go through the process of Grief with your cat but do not dwell in guilt. Remember the times that where spent together and rise these feelings within your heart. This is the true essence of Heaven.

Death is coming for us all and it should be seen in exactly the same way as baptism but more important. Death is the ultimate act of faith and letting go as we give back what was not ours in the first place.

Me praying for your situation would render useless, however I do hope that you find peace.

This is your time to pray.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much.

I tried bringing her out to the sofa last night briefly to see my elderly mother and for me to hold her a little. But she almost immediately wanted to get down and she is weak. So I took her back to the closet where she is resting quietly. At least she doesn't seem to be in pain.
Bless her heart, I hate to see anyone or any animal suffering..I’m glad she seems comfortable Depb, it’s so upsetting for you and your mum to see her that way, especially as you’re in Ill health yourself, ...keep us informed Sis,..get some rest yourself as well..my prayers and thoughts are very much with you all....xoxox

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To live by faith is the ability to let go of the things we love most. Go through the process of Grief with your cat but do not dwell in guilt. Remember the times that where spent together and rise these feelings within your heart. This is the true essence of Heaven.

Death is coming for us all and it should be seen in exactly the same way as baptism but more important. Death is the ultimate act of faith and letting go as we give back what was not ours in the first place.

Me praying for your situation would render useless, however I do hope that you find peace.

This is your time to pray.
I have peace and no guilt. And my cat is elderly so I am accepting that it is her time to go.

However, a certain health issue I have came up....so it is difficult to get to the veterinarian in the taxi. But I will try as the Lord leads.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have peace and no guilt. And my cat is elderly so I am accepting that it is her time to go.

However, a certain health issue I have came up....so it is difficult to get to the veterinarian in the taxi. But I will try as the Lord leads.
Praying that the Lord gives you the energy to take a taxi to the vets with your beloved cat, in Jesus Name, Amen!!!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Miss Kitty is not eating or drinking, just lays in the closet away from everything. Last night I saw blood along one of her front legs... perhaps some throw up. I will probably have to take her to be put to sleep, hoping I can do that with my health issue.

So sad when a pet reaches the end of life. I pray that your health issue will be healed and that your cat will pass peacefully.

My last cat, Sparky, was lovely, I was there when he was born and held him in my arms at the end. So many tears.

1708093445755.jpeg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you and your cat!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Been praying and thinking about all 3 of you today, including your beloved Mother....heart wrenching to have our pets put to sleep, as they are such a big part of our family...keep us posted on your health issues as well, Depb.....praying after rest and sleep you are feeling better....

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sad when a pet reaches the end of life. I pray that your health issue will be healed and that your cat will pass peacefully.

My last cat, Sparky, was lovely, I was there when he was born and held him in my arms at the end. So many tears.

View attachment 41721
God rest you Sparky. You are gorgeous.

:cryingcat: I am so sorry for you both.
Precious Miss Kitty will be missed and still deeply loved.

When my pets pass away they take a small part of me with them.

:pray:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Miss Kitty peacefully passed away during the night. She just looked like she was sleeping, all curled up.

I took her body to the veterinarian for cremation.

She was a beautiful cat and very sweet. I found her on my street in 2010 and brought her inside to live... fourteen years. She was about one when I adopted her.

Here she is...
IMG_20170311_123644~2.jpg

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am so glad she passed away peacefully at home, where she was much Loved, and thank God you were able to take her to the vets for cremation.....very heart wrenching for you and your Mother to have to go through this, looking at that picture miss kitty looked so happy and loved, what a blessed cat she was when she found her forever home with Depb and her Mum...God Bless Sis, very much in our thoughts.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Miss Kitty peacefully passed away during the night. She just looked like she was sleeping, all curled up.

She was a beautiful cat and very sweet. I found her on my street in 2010 and brought her inside to live... fourteen years. She was about one when I adopted her.

Here she is...
View attachment 41811
She is beautiful Debp, I hurt for you sister. My deepest condolences, they ARE family, friend, companion and entertainment for sure! Sending you a virtual hug.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Here she is...
View attachment 41811
So pretty.
Tears Are Only Natural *

I know you’ll miss me now I’m gone
I was your friend for many years.
And now my time with you is done
So tears are only natural.

I know I’ll leave an empty space
Both in your heart and in your home;
And you will miss my little ways
So tears are only natural.