Pray The Gay Away ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
The right to the persuit of happiness.................

Why don't people realize, that the same piece of paper that guarantees our rights to believe and do what we do as Christians, is the same piece of paper that protects everyone else.

Gay marriage is protected by the constitution. Homosexuals are pushing so hard, because they want what's guaranteed them by the Constitution. Over the years Christians haven't used very much tact when it comes to dealing with this subject. There's a certain way to phrase things, and a certain way not to phrase things.

I'm forced to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I'm forced to recognize all the rights of all people of this nation. It is the same contract that guarantees my freedom. If we would all recognize that, there would be less problems. Why can't people understand, the more freedom we alot others (which is guaranteed) the more freedom we will have (which is guaranteed)?

I may not like or agree with things people do, and I don't have to. But, I do have to respect the very document that gives all of us the right to our belief.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
The right to the persuit of happiness.................

Why don't people realize, that the same piece of paper that guarantees our rights to believe and do what we do as Christians, is the same piece of paper that protects everyone else.

Gay marriage is protected by the constitution. Homosexuals are pushing so hard, because they want what's guaranteed them by the Constitution. Over the years Christians haven't used very much tact when it comes to dealing with this subject. There's a certain way to phrase things, and a certain way not to phrase things.

I'm forced to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I'm forced to recognize all the rights of all people of this nation. It is the same contract that guarantees my freedom. If we would all recognize that, there would be less problems. Why can't people understand, the more freedom we alot others (which is guaranteed) the more freedom we will have (which is guaranteed)?

I may not like or agree with things people do, and I don't have to. But, I do have to respect the very document that gives all of us the right to our belief.

smilie_girl_014.gif

While I don't see this particular issue as a Constitutional violation, I do agree with what you have said, here.

When we stand by and allow other law abiding citizens to be persecuted or discriminated against we've lost... It's just a matter of time before the Westboro Baptist Church mentality forces the governments' hand in declaring the Bible a "hate book" and the quoting of it a "hate crime".

That does not mean we have to condone anything.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WhiteKnuckle and Gypsy, I agree.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The things you listed are crimes...Behavior that is against the law of the land. Being gay, at least in the US, is not.

-- And neither is believing that homosexuality is wrong.

Yet Gays are working to pass laws that will make even speaking negatively about homosexuality a crime punishable by fines or even jail time.

If you take a look at recent 'hate crime' legislation put forth, even speaking publically about the immorality of the homosexual lifestyle would be considered a crime in this country.

Their ideal of "tolerance" is a one-way street.

Aspen, supports that.

He himself has said that if you do not support Gay Marraige than you are "violating the civil rights of homosexuals."

So, using his standard, isn't trying to get jail time for someone who doesn't support homosexuality the same 'violation?'

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio

Yet Gays are working to pass laws that will make even speaking negatively about homosexuality a crime punishable by fines or even jail time.

If you take a look at recent 'hate crime' legislation put forth, even speaking publically about the immorality of the homosexual lifestyle would be considered a crime in this country.

Aspen, supports that.

He himself has said that if you do not support Gay Marraige than you are "violating the civil rights of homosexuals."

So, using his standard, isn't trying to get jail time for someone who doesn't support homosexuality the same 'violation?'

In most cases where men push for a change they do so with a wisdom that is like a raging river overflowing its banks to the harm of everything near to them. (This is the picture we are presented in scripture.)

Even if we have happened to a place where this torrent rage has affected us, let us become like the places where the water has taken rest and though it lay there where it ought to not be at least it is no longer participating in the damaging forces of the torrent.

Proverbs 24:21-22 "My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change: For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?"

Psalms 23:2 "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."

Do you know that David there at Psalms 23:2 is speaking as Christ? Christ is led of the Father beside still waters as his place wherein he finds pleasure. Of course that also applies to us as we walk as did Christ.

But if we want Christ to rest beside us and dwell with us, then let us be still as waters.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth

Believing homosexuality is wrong is not a crime. There are no thought police. However...Exercising that belief in a hate filled, violent, discriminatory way should be a crime.

See above.

I disagree. When was the last time you saw a group of gays beating the crap out of a heterosexual? Or killing a heterosexual? Or discriminating against a heterosexual?

Aspen, supports that.

I cannot speak for Aspen. Someone that does not "support" homosexuality is not going to "get jail time". Someone that acts out in a criminal manner most assuredly will, and should, get jail time.

Again..."Being gay" is not the issue...Sin is.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

Aspen, supports that.

Reference please?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Aspen, supports that.

I do not support legislation that bans free speech.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Believing homosexuality is wrong is not a crime. There are no thought police. However...Exercising that belief in a hate filled, violent, discriminatory way should be a crime.

Tis true, anyone remember the Gay marches in the 90s some were not very non-violent demonstrations. So the hatred is on both sides. Homosexuality is a sickness and is usually the product of licentiousness in much the same way as bestiality or pedophilia.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
We love you enough to tell you the truth. If we did not tell you the truth that would be hating you matter not how nicely we treat you.

And though it is not my desire to hurt anyone's feelings, I can tell you with much certainty that any of us who merely put our lusts on hold while yet secretly loving those things will not enter into the kingdom of God.

Colossians 3:5-7 "Mortify (mortify = deaden) therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them."

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

1 Corinthians 6:20 "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Definition of EFFEMINATE

1: having feminine qualities untypical of a man : not manly in appearance or manner

2: marked by an unbecoming delicacy or overrefinement <effeminate art> <an effeminate civilization>

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Reference please?

"The Criminalization of Christianity" by Janet Folger.

If you wish, you can search Google for people in Canada and Great Britain who have already been tried AND punished for voicing their opinion against homosexuality.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Criminalization of Christianity" by Janet Folger.

If you wish, you can search Google for people in Canada and Great Britain who have already been tried AND punished for voicing their opinion against homosexuality.

I wonder if Jesus worried about the criminalization of Christianity.....

Christians are not victims! We are free in Christ to love through all adversity. I wonder if the Martyrs cried about the injustice of the Romans as they were being devoured by lions? Not a chance! They died in freedom.

The resistance from the world today is like dealing with an annoying hangnail in comparison.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I do not support legislation that bans free speech.

-- Your opinion rather is that people who actually legally cast their vote in opposition to gay marraige are the criminals 'violating human rights," correct?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- Your opinion rather is that people who actually legally cast their vote in opposition to gay marraige are the criminals 'violating human rights," correct?

The resistance from the world today is like dealing with an annoying hangnail in comparison.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Cute innocuous (rather, worthless) statement.

Guess that's one way to avoid answering a question after you've painted yourself in a corner.

Let's try again, shall we?

You say you do not support legislation against free speech, but you do feel that people who legally vote and cast a ballot in opposition of gay marraige are "violating the civil rights" of someone.....correct?

And normally, those violating someone's civil rights are tried and punished, correct?

So......

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cute innocuous (rather, worthless) statement.

Guess that's one way to avoid answering a question after you've painted yourself in a corner.

Let's try again, shall we?

You say you do not support legislation against free speech, but you do feel that people who legally vote and cast a ballot in opposition of gay marraige are "violating the civil rights" of someone.....correct?

And normally, those violating someone's civil rights are tried and punished, correct?

So......

Every American citizen who is over 18 and not a felon or serving a prison sentence for a lesser crime should have equal rights - this includes the right to marry another consenting adult. Any law restricting an adult from the pursuit of happiness (which doesn't include a criminal activity) is a violation of their civil rights as an American. Since voting is not a crime in America, voting for an immoral law cannot be prosecuted. However, if the law is passed it should be reviewed by a circuit court and recognized as a violate of civil rights and hopefully stuck down.

*rude, unnecessary comments in red

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
What are your thoughts about praying the gay away and do you find this slogan offensive ?

I think that if Christians put legs on their prayer, we'd see alot more happen. Let's illustrate:

A man was sitting on a little boat in the middle of the ocean, stranded with no food or water.
He prayed to God, "I know that you are watching over me, and that you will get me out of this mess."
By and by, a submarine surfaced and idled over to him.
"Hey you!" yelled the captain, "Come aboard!"
"No thanks!" yelled the man, "God is going to save me!"
So the submarine left him.
Finally an ocean liner drew alongside.
"Come aboard!" yelled the sailor, throwing a life ring into the water.
And so went the ocean liner on its way, leaving the man to his fate."

Prayer needs to have legs. Faith without works is dead, being alone. The solution to the militant worldliness, such as homosexuality, that is encroaching on us, is to start praying, and then to start acting! [entry='http://www.christianityboard.com/blog/80/entry-140-to-run-and-hide/'][/entry]

Jas_2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if Christians put legs on their prayer, we'd see alot more happen. Let's illustrate:

A man was sitting on a little boat in the middle of the ocean, stranded with no food or water.
He prayed to God, "I know that you are watching over me, and that you will get me out of this mess."
By and by, a submarine surfaced and idled over to him.
"Hey you!" yelled the captain, "Come aboard!"
So the submarine left him.
Finally an ocean liner drew alongside.
"Come aboard!" yelled the sailor, throwing a life ring into the water.
And so went the ocean liner on its way, leaving the man to his fate."

Prayer needs to have legs. Faith without works is dead, being alone. The solution to the militant worldliness, such as homosexuality, that is encroaching on us, is to start praying, and then to start acting! [entry='http://www.christianityboard.com/blog/80/entry-140-to-run-and-hide/'][/entry]

Jas_2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Don't you think people who are gay pray?

Anyway, if I prayed the gay away my two male dogs would have to take up whittling......

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Don't you think people who are gay pray?

Anyway, if I prayed the gay away my two male dogs would have to take up whittling......

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These are people that are saved and are doing many miracles. What did Jesus say? DEPART FROM ME! I know what the Bible says about being a homosexual, and unless they repent, they will perish, as will all of us if we don't repent.

Btw, repent means to turn away from something, not to go there again.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Every American citizen who is over 18 and not a felon or serving a prison sentence for a lesser crime should have equal rights - this includes the right to marry another consenting adult. Any law restricting an adult from the pursuit of happiness (which doesn't include a criminal activity) is a violation of their civil rights as an American. Since voting is not a crime in America, voting for an immoral law cannot be prosecuted. However, if the law is passed it should be reviewed by a circuit court and recognized as a violate of civil rights and hopefully stuck down.

-- As you said, it is only your opinion.
And in this particular case, your opinion is wrong.

Being able to marry someone of your own gender is not a 'civil right.' That is the law, not an opinion.

And since gay marraige goes not only against U.S. law but God's law, are you really going to tell God He is violating someone's civil rights?

That should be an interesting conversation when you finally stand before Him.