Prayer For Passersby!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was watching a food video [Korean egg fried rice] on the internet when a young couple past my house, arguing and swearing at each other. It escalated so badly that I was getting distracted, so I prayed for God's peace over them and that they would work things out. Immediately, I heard the young woman apologise to him and everything went silent. Thank you Jesus!

Glory!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was watching a food video [Korean egg fried rice] on the internet when a young couple past my house, arguing and swearing at each other. It escalated so badly that I was getting distracted, so I prayed for God's peace over them and that they would work things out. Immediately, I heard the young woman apologise to him and everything went silent. Thank you Jesus!

Glory!
Praise God

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory!
Yes, thank you dear Lord!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Glory!
Wonderful. I often pray for people passing my house but have no way of knowing if my prayers are answered - I just have to trust.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a lot of yelling and screaming by my house. Praying would be a full time job if I'm exaggerating a bit. But then we have a lot of homeless people and crazy people. They're always yelling and screaming at the world, but no one is there to hear them.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory!
When I saw the title to this thread, I knew I wanted to participate! I have always been this way. I'll be in town and see a family in a grocery store and feel moved to give them a smile and pray for them (their loved ones, and everything and everyone that pertains to them) ...often God will move me to intercede and I feel a fervency in my spirit. The same thing often happens while just driving down the road...praying for those in the vehicles passing by ....or the children playing in their yards ...school children walking home from school, etc.

When I was 14, I was visiting an uncle in the hospital. He had come to Christ and I brought him some southern gospel music I recorded onto cassette tapes. At one point, I stepped out and was in the stairwell, and I could feel the heaviness of that place, and even that whole city (Houston, Texas). I sat in that stairwell and wept and prayed. I was compelled by the Holy Spirit to intercede for the people of that city. In fact, feeling that heaviness is why I stepped out into the stairwell.

I was awaken in the middle of the night one time, seeing an elderly couple. I woke up in intercession for them. I only knew they were a missionary couple. I believe I'll meet them in eternity. God has awaken me similarly with dreams or visions of other people I was to pray for.

We should be instant in prayer. I believe in eternity we'll get to meet a lot of these people He moved us to intercede for.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a lot of yelling and screaming by my house. Praying would be a full time job if I'm exaggerating a bit. But then we have a lot of homeless people and crazy people. They're always yelling and screaming at the world, but no one is there to hear them.
When my youngest son had just had his first brain surgery in December 2017, we ended up homeless and then had to live in an RV park in a damaged RV .....we had a neighbor who was trying to take refuge from a violent husband (or boyfriend?). He would show up banging on her door late at night or middle of the night, threaten her, yelling, etc. I'm mama bear, so I went and confronted them... bc my son (age 15) had been through enough without having his rest disturbed by irresponsible, uncaring, violent "adults." So as I went out to confront my neighbor, hubby followed ....this woman broke down and started weeping and telling me her problems. So I listened ...hugged her, let her cry ...she apologized ...and then we prayed together. She thanked me. After that, things weren't amazing ...and other neighbors were doing drug deals, shooting guns, etc .... but I hope that experience stayed with her. We lived there for 5 months till we found a house.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my youngest son had just had his first brain surgery in December 2017, we ended up homeless and then had to live in an RV park in a damaged RV .....we had a neighbor who was trying to take refuge from a violent husband (or boyfriend?). He would show up banging on her door late at night or middle of the night, threaten her, yelling, etc. I'm mama bear, so I went and confronted them... bc my son (age 15) had been through enough without having his rest disturbed by irresponsible, uncaring, violent "adults." So as I went out to confront my neighbor, hubby followed ....this woman broke down and started weeping and telling me her problems. So I listened ...hugged her, let her cry ...she apologized ...and then we prayed together. She thanked me. After that, things weren't amazing ...and other neighbors were doing drug deals, shooting guns, etc .... but I hope that experience stayed with her. We lived there for 5 months till we found a house.
I was homeless for a while a couple times. Once in the dead of winter in the snow and once in the summer. Not fun, I had to sleep in the woods with the mountain lions.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When I saw the title to this thread, I knew I wanted to participate! I have always been this way. I'll be in town and see a family in a grocery store and feel moved to give them a smile and pray for them (their loved ones, and everything and everyone that pertains to them) ...often God will move me to intercede and I feel a fervency in my spirit.

I was awaken in the middle of the night one time, seeing an elderly couple. I woke up in intercession for them. I only knew they were a missionary couple. I believe I'll meet them in eternity. God has awaken me similarly with dreams or visions of other people I was to pray for.

We should be instant in prayer. I believe in eternity we'll get to meet a lot of these people He moved us to intercede for.

Glory! I have had so many similar situations happen @TLHKAJ where the Lord would wake me up sometimes to pray for people.

Here is one of my favorites The Power of Prayer - Nothing is Hidden from His Sight. Hebrews 4:13