Prayer for the Jewish hostages

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do like Jesus does. I do not pray for the world, but I'll pray for Israel.

John 17:9 - “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

The god of this world has blinded them in this world

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 - But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

1 Corinthians 3:19 - For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; 20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

Reactions: atpollard

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many prayers for Israel, and for Palestine as well. God help those who are prisoners of them. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem" Amen.
Point all mankind to the KING of heavenly JERSUALEM wherein GOD and the lamb are the TEMPLE .
And i john saw no temple therein for GOD and the LAMB are the TEMPLE . Point to JESUS CHRIST till the last and final breath
my dear sister .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Praying for all the innocent people of both Israel and Gaza. What is happening is down to terrorists and both nations are suffering at their hands.
This might surprise many....Jesus prayed for the guilty......his murderers......even as they were killing him.
How do we fit that into our emotional reality? How do we reconcile that with the particular picture we have of God punishing the wicked?

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might surprise many....Jesus prayed for the guilty......his murderers......even as they were killing him.
How do we fit that into our emotional reality? How do we reconcile that with the particular picture we have of God punishing the wicked?

We can love people without loving what they do.

Some terrorists have come to Christ and have such incredible testimonies.

Reactions: Pearl and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corrie ten Boom ( my fav author) told of one of her prison guards she met yrs after being released from prison.
Knowing his cruelty to others in his charge, her first instinct she said, was hatred.
However, he had come to know the Lord and was a believer when she met him again and he asked her forgiveness.
She said " within herself" she could NOT forgive but " in Christ" the forgiveness came from the love of God to him through her.

We are frail and incapable of a love than can forgive the evil that humans do, but through God and leaning into him there is nothing we cannot overcome!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least ONE of the hostages taken by Hamas is a Holocaust survivor. :cry: :sob:
Oh how horrible to be taken through this type of tragedy once again, as a hostage!
God's word calls men every where to repent, there is no difference to the Jews or Gentile. All must believe on Jesus, the Christ, to be saved.

Reactions: Debp and Pearl