Prayer request for my unborn child

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have prayed a lot for my child, but I believe in confession and in the community of Christ, so I will also put my faith in my fellow Christians to join with me.

So first - the confession. For a long time I suffered from a lustful eye, even after I got married. Eventually, I began to have dreams of having an affair, which felt very wrong every time. In one dream, I was on a date with a beautiful woman then suddenly remembered I was married. I told the dream woman to go away, that I wasn't interested in courting illusions. At this point, the dream changed into a nightmare, and she turned into a feral, hateful wolf-like beast and ripped out my throat, triggering a false awakening where I thought I woke up in my bed, but in the dark I encountered the same woman again, in her beautiful form waiting for me, I told her again to go away, and she responded "but you called me", then I was attacked once more in the same way. This repeated again and again, and each time I told her to leave, she responded with the same phrase "but you called me" (though I still don't know what she meant by this). At the very end of the dream, I had another false awakening and looked around my house for her, but this time, instead of trying to seduce me or attack me, she was standing over my baby's crib menacingly, pointing at it in motionless silence. I then woke up for real. It has been a year since then. Fearing for my child, I prayed intensely and by grace of God, my first child suffered no harm.

However, I am worried that my first child wasn't the intended target. Because it was not long ago that a strange mood had come over me. As a traditional Christian I had - and I hope you will excuse my foolishness- challenged the Devil to test my faith and then taunted him in front of other Christians, believing that Christianity was such a superior system of belief, that nothing could ever deter me, nor that I had anything to fear, as the Holy Spirit would protect me from all harm. Well it was not long afterwards that, while I was studying philosophical texts, that I had suddenly become fascinated with the idea of solipsism. That is, the idea that the world is an illusion created by your mind and that you are the only thing that exists. It is a terrifying idea - being alone for eternity in a meaningless existence, unable even to commit suicide, just chasing a fleeting dream of a world, of other people, of a higher meaning, forever... my family, friends, God, the devil, all just constructs of the imagination, projections of the self. And there is really no scientific way to prove or disprove this idea. This branches out into other ideas: like simulation theory, that we're just a brain in a jar (or perhaps even nothing more than pure code) being studied by alien scientists running a crazy computer that tricks our senses into believing in a false reality; or Gnosticism, which is that the God I worship is evil and has entrapped me in an illusionary material world to prevent me from ascending to divinity (and thus all my prayers serve only to keep me enslaved). So absorbed I became in contemplating the idea that, as a mortal, I truly understood nothing of the nature of my own existence; that for a brief period I fell into an inconsolable depression, just going through the motions but completely lost to indescribable despair, unable to ever confirm or test if anything around me or anything I believe in is truly real. During this time my wife conceived our second child, and this is what worries me, because I worry I was in the grip of an evil spirit.

It was through prayer that I, the pathetic prisoner crying out in darkness, was saved from his overwhelming existential angst. I asked God to show Himself to me, to prove to me I wasn't alone forever in eternity, and like a ray of light shining through the dark, I could once again see things of love and beauty in the world, and it drove away the shadows. It was then that I understood that the ability to see good is the ability to see God, and this reveals the truth of all things. If God exists in the mind, and if it were so that the mind is the only thing that exists in reality, then God must exist in reality. And by the conception of God as the embodiment of all good, we can know His traits: by knowing that God exists I know that there can never be a false God, because God would never allow one to usurp His place. And neither can I believe that I am God, as God is of all the highest ideals, and I have fallen hopelessly short of these ideals, therefore they could not have been conceived by me, but must have come from above me. And most egregiously of all - I can't believe that Man has created an artificial God, because Man can't create anything without first having been created by God. So, the problems which I once found so unsolvable suddenly found their answers.

I have no idea what came over me during this time, but I am worried by the strange circumstances that are surrounding my children. So please pray with me for a safe and healthy delivery, and that whatever curses or evil I have brought about, that my child will be kept safe from them. Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have prayed a lot for my child, but I believe in confession and in the community of Christ, so I will also put my faith in my fellow Christians to join with me.

So first - the confession. For a long time I suffered from a lustful eye, even after I got married. Eventually, I began to have dreams of having an affair, which felt very wrong every time. In one dream, I was on a date with a beautiful woman then suddenly remembered I was married. I told the dream woman to go away, that I wasn't interested in courting illusions. At this point, the dream changed into a nightmare, and she turned into a feral, hateful wolf-like beast and ripped out my throat, triggering a false awakening where I thought I woke up in my bed, but in the dark I encountered the same woman again, in her beautiful form waiting for me, I told her again to go away, and she responded "but you called me", then I was attacked once more in the same way. This repeated again and again, and each time I told her to leave, she responded with the same phrase "but you called me" (though I still don't know what she meant by this). At the very end of the dream, I had another false awakening and looked around my house for her, but this time, instead of trying to seduce me or attack me, she was standing over my baby's crib menacingly, pointing at it in motionless silence. I then woke up for real. It has been a year since then. Fearing for my child, I prayed intensely and by grace of God, my first child suffered no harm.

However, I am worried that my first child wasn't the intended target. Because it was not long ago that a strange mood had come over me. As a traditional Christian I had - and I hope you will excuse my foolishness- challenged the Devil to test my faith and then taunted him in front of other Christians, believing that Christianity was such a superior system of belief, that nothing could ever deter me, nor that I had anything to fear, as the Holy Spirit would protect me from all harm. Well it was not long afterwards that, while I was studying philosophical texts, that I had suddenly become fascinated with the idea of solipsism. That is, the idea that the world is an illusion created by your mind and that you are the only thing that exists. It is a terrifying idea - being alone for eternity in a meaningless existence, unable even to commit suicide, just chasing a fleeting dream of a world, of other people, of a higher meaning, forever... my family, friends, God, the devil, all just constructs of the imagination, projections of the self. And there is really no scientific way to prove or disprove this idea. This branches out into other ideas: like simulation theory, that we're just a brain in a jar (or perhaps even nothing more than pure code) being studied by alien scientists running a crazy computer that tricks our senses into believing in a false reality; or Gnosticism, which is that the God I worship is evil and has entrapped me in an illusionary material world to prevent me from ascending to divinity (and thus all my prayers serve only to keep me enslaved). So absorbed I became in contemplating the idea that, as a mortal, I truly understood nothing of the nature of my own existence; that for a brief period I fell into an inconsolable depression, just going through the motions but completely lost to indescribable despair, unable to ever confirm or test if anything around me or anything I believe in is truly real. During this time my wife conceived our second child, and this is what worries me, because I worry I was in the grip of an evil spirit.

It was through prayer that I, the pathetic prisoner crying out in darkness, was saved from his overwhelming existential angst. I asked God to show Himself to me, to prove to me I wasn't alone forever in eternity, and like a ray of light shining through the dark, I could once again see things of love and beauty in the world, and it drove away the shadows. It was then that I understood that the ability to see good is the ability to see God, and this reveals the truth of all things. If God exists in the mind, and if it were so that the mind is the only thing that exists in reality, then God must exist in reality. And by the conception of God as the embodiment of all good, we can know His traits: by knowing that God exists I know that there can never be a false God, because God would never allow one to usurp His place. And neither can I believe that I am God, as God is of all the highest ideals, and I have fallen hopelessly short of these ideals, therefore they could not have been conceived by me, but must have come from above me. And most egregiously of all - I can't believe that Man has created an artificial God, because Man can't create anything without first having been created by God. So, the problems which I once found so unsolvable suddenly found their answers.

I have no idea what came over me during this time, but I am worried by the strange circumstances that are surrounding my children. So please pray with me for a safe and healthy delivery, and that whatever curses or evil I have brought about, that my child will be kept safe from them. Amen.
I pray protection over your family and especially your unborn child. Also, that you would have a peace about this. You know who you serve, you know better now that we do not rail accusations at Satan but say "God rebuke you"...you are His child and I pray His angels to surround you and your family for ever, Amen and Glory to God in the Highest!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This is a sad story Adam, and one that shows where the ideas of the devil that come through his human minions can take us. It’s a mental and emotional minefield designed with one motive....to separate us from our loving Creator....to get us lost in a maze of confused human thinking. The truth however is beautifully simple.

You have learned valuable lessons, and so your experience was not in vain.....we are all hopefully learning the value of obedience to our God and to his son, because this is all God has ever asked of us.

There are these verses in Romans 8 that have always strengthened me in difficult times....

Romans 8:31; 35-39.....If God is for us, who will be against us? . . . .

Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 Just as it is written: “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; we have been accounted as sheep for slaughtering.” 37 On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious through the one who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers 39 nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I hope they can help you too....