Prayer Thread for CB

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've got my prayers my friend. We all need them and they do make a difference if done for the right purpose as directed by God:

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3
Then I confess that I am not doing so good at my new job and ask of you, brother to pray for me fervently and that I do better, I ask that of my brothers and sisters, pray for me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I confess that I am not doing so good at my new job and ask of you, brother to pray for me fervently and that I do better, I ask that of my brothers and sisters, pray for me.
I will be praying for you and in the interim you, yourself, need to learn also to simply surrender. Therein really lies the answer, your and mine. Don't know how to surrender? Ask God for help to do that also:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a wonderful thread.

May the Lord Jesus Christ lead, guide and help each and everyone of you, to those starting a new day, to those in the middle of the day, and to those on my side of the world timezone, may the Lord Jesus give you a good rest, a good peaceful deep sleep and Heavenly dreams, may He speak to you in dreams and visions and show you new things, great things and revelations, God's will be done. In Jesus Name Amen.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, thank You for convicting and exposing darkness on CB. I repent of celebrating Halloween and thank You for Your forgiveness. Please help me in times when persecution arises from family and friends for not celebrating this or allowing my daughter too. Thank You for always teaching and guiding us all in the right way. I love You so much and thank You for this forum. I pray that You continue to teach and convict us of things through Your Word and the things that we learn. Thank You that You teach us and help us make the right decisions. Help us not to harden our hearts to the things You tell us in Your Word. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it wrong to ask for prayer?

I’ve been pondering this thought, I e always heard not to look to man for answers.

Would this be the same thing, asking for prayer, my sorrow has gotten worse.

Father, I pray that You guide and help John Paul in his questions and give him the answers that he needs. Thank You that You answer prayers. I pray that You calm His spirit and give him joy in his spirit. Thank You for all You are going to do. Thank You that Your Word says that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. I pray in Jesus Name that the enemy will flee and John Paul will have peace. Help him know that he can always ask for prayer without fear and the faith that God will answer both him and those who pray for him. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, I pray that You guide and help John Paul in his questions and give him the answers that he needs. Thank You that You answer prayers. I pray that You calm His spirit and give him joy in his spirit. Thank You for all You are going to do. Thank You that Your Word says that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. I pray in Jesus Name that the enemy will flee and John Paul will have peace. Help him know that he can always ask for prayer without fear and the faith that God will answer both him and those who pray for him. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.
Thank you so much sister.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Our Father in Heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Your Kingdom come, Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us today our daily bread
Forgive us our sins
As we forgive those that sin against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For Yours is the Kingdom, Power and Glory
Now and Forever

Amen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it wrong to ask for prayer?

I’ve been pondering this thought, I e always heard not to look to man for answers.

Would this be the same thing, asking for prayer, my sorrow has gotten worse.

Rest assured that asking for prayer is not looking to man. We all need prayer support. I figure that praying for one another is the very least that we can do for each other.

Paul requested prayer, and we are told to pray for one another.

Col 4:2-4--Devote yourselves to prayer; stay alert in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us that God may open a door to us for the message, to speak the mystery of the Messiah, for which I am in prison, so that I may reveal it as I am required to speak.

James 5:16-18--Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours; yet he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the land. Then he prayed again, and the sky gave rain and the land produced its fruit.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I copied this one from another thread, because it really was heartfelt I felt lead to share. But we definitely should be in prayer for this forum. All of us are here for different reasons, and there will always be spiritual warfare. So as God's Word talks about, we need to pray without ceasing. Please contribute as You feel lead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Father I pray for everyone on this board, that they first come to know You and Your deep love for them. Thank You Jesus that just like Mary Magdalene, You were the only one worthy to throw stones and yet You did not throw one. Instead, You said to go and sin no more. Father, please give us discernment in when to speak and when to keep silent. Please help us speak the Truth in love, especially in debate, knowing Holy Spirit, that You are the only One that can change the hearts of man. Help us to present the Good News of Your love to others and lead us when we need to be firm and when we need to be gentle. Search us God and know our heart. Try us and know our anxious thoughts. See if there be any hurtful way in us and lead us in the everlasting way. I declare war on any argumentative spirit in Jesus Name and tell it to leave this board. Work in and through Your people, Father. Forgive us when we have represented You any less then what You deserve. Let this board become a beacon of light and hope to anyone who comes on. I pray that Your Spirit is so strong over this place, that people can just feel it when they come on. Thank You for Your love and for all the great things You have done and are about to do. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

Thank you for posting these prayer requests, Mayflower! You've encouraged me to pray more for my fellow CB-ers.

You have a very sweet spirit. If only we all did. :(

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, thank You for working in all of us. Thank You that the very qualities You have made possible for us to have through Your Son will help us become the people You want us to be. Teach us to be forgiving, teach us to be merciful, teach us to be kind to one another and joyful in every circumstance. Teach us to be peacemakers and proclaimers of Hope and Truth in a sin sick world, because You have given us the ability to do so according to our measure of faith. So give us opportunities to exercise our faith, so that we can be refined and set apart from the world. Thank You for all You are doing in us and through us. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Heavenly Father

As You know this is a very important time of prayer, I pray for my fellow brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers in Christ, may Your protection and the blood of Jesus cover and shield Christians, especially members of this forum from attacks from the Enemy around the world now, tomorrow and the next few days, whatever their timezone is, and may You pour out Your Love, Peace, Joy, comfort them and may the Holy Spirit's Presence be felt strongly amoung them as well.

In Jesus name Amen.

:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Father, thank You for working in all of us. Thank You that the very qualities You have made possible for us to have through Your Son will help us become the people You want us to be. Teach us to be forgiving, teach us to be merciful, teach us to be kind to one another and joyful in every circumstance. Teach us to be peacemakers and proclaimers of Hope and Truth in a sin sick world, because You have given us the ability to do so according to our measure of faith. So give us opportunities to exercise our faith, so that we can be refined and set apart from the world. Thank You for all You are doing in us and through us. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.
Nice prayer sentiment.

Reactions: Mayflower

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's nice to see JohnPaul's open and prayerful spirit, yes.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, I pray for CB. I pray for a great fruition of spiritual gifts, so that You may be exalted above all else. I pray for a boldness yet meekness for the Christians speaking in this forum, so that others will be uplifted and encouraged who come across this forum. I thank You for who You are. In Jesus Name, Amen.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Father, I pray for CB. I pray for a great fruition of spiritual gifts, so that You may be exalted above all else. I pray for a boldness yet meekness for the Christians speaking in this forum, so that others will be uplifted and encouraged who come across this forum. I thank You for who You are. In Jesus Name, Amen.
@Mayflower Your prayer does reflect that you do appreciate the often good atmosphere among believers that this forum shows!

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mayflower, I messaged you awhile back and never heard back from you.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, please open our eyes to see everything that is important and give us spiritual ears to hear. Let us throw out any other trash that interferes in our walk with You, and help us have life changing faith that lets the biggest mountain seem like a feather. In Jesus Name, Amen

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask God’s blessings for everyone on this forum and for those who have ill feelings towards me, for they need to be prayed for the most.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I copied this one from another thread, because it really was heartfelt I felt lead to share. But we definitely should be in prayer for this forum. All of us are here for different reasons, and there will always be spiritual warfare. So as God's Word talks about, we need to pray without ceasing. Please contribute as You feel lead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Father I pray for everyone on this board, that they first come to know You and Your deep love for them. Thank You Jesus that just like Mary Magdalene, You were the only one worthy to throw stones and yet You did not throw one. Instead, You said to go and sin no more. Father, please give us discernment in when to speak and when to keep silent. Please help us speak the Truth in love, especially in debate, knowing Holy Spirit, that You are the only One that can change the hearts of man. Help us to present the Good News of Your love to others and lead us when we need to be firm and when we need to be gentle. Search us God and know our heart. Try us and know our anxious thoughts. See if there be any hurtful way in us and lead us in the everlasting way. I declare war on any argumentative spirit in Jesus Name and tell it to leave this board. Work in and through Your people, Father. Forgive us when we have represented You any less then what You deserve. Let this board become a beacon of light and hope to anyone who comes on. I pray that Your Spirit is so strong over this place, that people can just feel it when they come on. Thank You for Your love and for all the great things You have done and are about to do. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

Just now seeing this! Awesome prayer @Mayflower
And, I pray the same in agreement with you and all who agree on here ❤