Prayers at Democrat Convention

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Democrats refused to invite Cardinal Timothy Dolan to offer a prayer of invocation at the Democratic Convention. Mr. Obama nixed that based on Cardinal Dolan's prolife stance. On the other hand, 2 hours of "Jumah" Islamic prayers are going to be held on the Friday of the convention. Even other Muslim clerics have branded the ones conducting these prayers as "radicals" and not moderate Muslims. I can't help but wonder, whussup with this scenario?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
This seems like a rather silly thing to do by a party that is trying to rebuild its relationship with Israel and the Jewish vote.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
all of this country has fallen from God (except born again believers), not just our government, it will only get worse. The one world government is being formed.

have no part in this evil plan, come out the world and its evil system.

God is in control, and the presidents to come will be evil, but being used for God's glorious plan.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Democrats refused to invite Cardinal Timothy Dolan to offer a prayer of invocation at the Democratic Convention. Mr. Obama nixed that based on Cardinal Dolan's prolife stance. On the other hand, 2 hours of "Jumah" Islamic prayers are going to be held on the Friday of the convention. Even other Muslim clerics have branded the ones conducting these prayers as "radicals" and not moderate Muslims. I can't help but wonder, whussup with this scenario?

I don't think Cardinal Dolan was nixed by Obama. He refused to go because of their differences of opinion about contraception.

http://whtc.com/blogs/post/rkingman/2012/aug/30/facts-dnc-and-islamic-jumah-praying/

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
The New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cardinal_sin_bam_blew_off_blessing_aLYqq7VnyqG8maCqZaui2K) was where it was reported that Cardinal Dolan was ready to go to the DNC but that it was the president who nixed it. Perhaps their story was false. It was reported on 8/24/12. I've certainly never seen a report that said Cardinal Dolan refused to go. His going is not any kind of endorsement of a particular party. At least I hope it isn't.

Latest word is that the Democrat platform has removed references to God, that it calls for taxpayer funded abortions, and it removes language from 2008 that acknowledged that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. So it seems like the Democratic party is taking an even harder turn to the left if these reports are all true. We'll see, I guess.