Prayers for a dear and old friend.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Nancy
Can I ask you what you use to say in response to the question with ‘ why has the Lord not taken me ‘ ?
My initial response to this resident was ‘ I don’t know ‘ but somehow She wanted more ..... It’s so difficult to know what to say as nothing seems more than platitude in those conversations. Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy
Can I ask you what you use to say in response to the question with ‘ why has the Lord not taken me ‘ ?
My initial response to this resident was ‘ I don’t know ‘ but somehow She wanted more ..... It’s so difficult to know what to say as nothing seems more than platitude in those conversations. Rita

Oh Gosh, times I would say that, God is not finished dealing with you yet, or using you yet. He has a plan and we just don't know what it will be, but He does.
It's the unsaved ones who had the most fear and, they would pray or allow me to pray for them. I know what you mean, they want to hear more and what is there to say to them? And, sometimes with the Christians, I would just hug them and keep them in prayer for comfort, and most of them wanted prayer for their loved ones to be able to deal with their dying. What a difference between those who WANT to die and those who do not. It is so sad either way really. It's the unsaved ones I found to be hard to deal with, hard to know what to say. One cannot likely say, "YOUR NOT SAVED- YOU ARE HELLBOUND, TAKE CARE NOW!" Mmmno - can't quite do that. There are no atheist's in foxholes!!! We can ask if they want prayer, if not then, we pray for their salvation and that God will work in their hearts while they still have breath. It is not an easy situation really. I'm sure you are very compassionate to your patients Reets! They are so blessed to have you there.
God Bless sister.
xxx

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Lord bless this prayer request. Lord let your peace and comfort be upon Russel's family, friends and relatives. Lord please wipe their tears and help them to come out of this sorrow. Heavenly Father bless this family to come out of this difficult time, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord bless this prayer request. Lord let your peace and comfort be upon Russel's family, friends and relatives. Lord please wipe their tears and help them to come out of this sorrow. Heavenly Father bless this family to come out of this difficult time, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

Thanks M.D.!

She is right now keeping herself as busy as she can, her daughters and granddaughters are over there now and she said, "making her crazy as usual" lol. She knows when the dust settles, that reality will hit her and all of them. So, thank you for praying M.D. She will be needing a lot of strength!