Prayers for a dear and old friend.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My high school best friend texted me earlier: "I'm so heartbroken right now, Russell died. I can't talk but I wanted you to know."

These are high school friends of mine who were married. This is so shocking and totally unexpected, I am sure his family, and I know his wife are devastated. He rallied around his family, he took such good care of them...he just finished building their new home. Please pray for the God of all comfort to draw them close to Him.
Thank you so much!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My high school best friend texted me earlier: "I'm so heartbroken right now, Russell died. I can't talk but I wanted you to know."

These are high school friends of mine who were married. This is so shocking and totally unexpected, I am sure his family, and I know his wife are devastated. He rallied around his family, he took such good care of them...he just finished building their new home. Please pray for the God of all comfort to draw them close to Him.
Thank you so much!

So very very sorry to hear this Nancy.
2020 took so many people!

Praying for your school friend and her family .

xxx

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

xxx
Thank you Helen,
This has brought back the memory of when you wrote about your son in Law earlier this year. Life is just so very sad.
God bless you my dear friend. Are you feeling a bit better each day?
xx

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So very sorry Nancy, what a horrible way to start the New Year. Sending a cyber ((hug ))
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So very sorry Nancy, what a horrible way to start the New Year. Sending a cyber ((hug ))
Rita

Thanks Rita!
Plenty of sadness to go around, that's for sure sister! And, it would take way too long say what they have been through during the period between January - March, then again from Nov - Jan 2020 with Lynn's granddaughter Carla (Russ treated Lynn's family as they were his and he is going to be hugely missed.) Carla has Hydrocephalus and, was in ICU for all of those months...he Russ has been building a house (He was a contractor) the house is move in ready now and this happened so suddenly. I feel so for the girls, and especially my friend Lynn, and Carla, Russ was totally a loving family man.
xx

We still must find joy through these things and, it is there to be found but, not as easily come by during these times. God wipe their tears and hold them tightly to you I pray in Jesus Name
, amen!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you so much!
Very sorry to hear this, Nancy! Keeping you in prayer as well as the family of the decedent!

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

xxx
Indeed Helen! Lots of things happened in 2020, the death of loved ones and friends, not the least of them. I have a list of death notices from over the years and 2020 is way too high on the list. In addition to close relatives I also lost my closest offline friend in 2020.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very sorry to hear this, Nancy! Keeping you in prayer as well as the family of the decedent!
Thanks so much bro John,
The thing that is the hardest is that those who are loved so dearly, are hurting so much. I can only empathize and feel the pain of the deep agony and loss she and their kids, grands...are feeling right now. I can't stand it! The tears I have are for them in unity.
Our God does not EVER change, but our circumstances? Haha...we can place good bets on it as, you can expect the fluidity of our situations...
I hope all of you will have many joyful things to look forward to in this new year.
And...we always have the hope of His promises. So, Happy New Year and,
MUCH sisterly love in Christ,
nancy

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks so much bro John,
The thing that is the hardest is that those who are loved so dearly, are hurting so much. I can only empathize and feel the pain of the deep agony and loss she and their kids, grands...are feeling right now. I can't stand it! The tears I have are for them in unity.
Our God does not EVER change, but our circumstances? Haha...we can place good bets on it as, you can expect the fluidity of our situations...
I hope all of you will have many joyful things to look forward to in this new year.
And...we always have the hope of His promises. So, Happy New Year and,
MUCH sisterly love in Christ,
nancy
I hope that neither of us have any disappointments in 2021, but would really be surprised to see it happen that way. Your friend and brother in Christ always!

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope that neither of us have any disappointments in 2021, but would really be surprised to see it happen that way. Your friend and brother in Christ always!

As my mom used to say, "Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst" :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy, sorry to hear of your lost of a HS friend. may the Comfort of God be with you and his family.

PICJAG
101G

Thank you 101, it is quite shocking to our little group and, my very dear friend, his wife...she needs strength in her faith as, they came to Christ not a very long time ago. And to have our God of All Comfort wipe her tears and bring her peace from her deep anguish.
All your and everyone on this thread's prayers mean so very much. Thanks to all of you!
nancy

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Nancy
It is so hard watching others experience sudden loss, and often as not it simply doesn’t make sense to us. There is a lady at work and she just simply doesn’t want to be alive anymore ( not suicidal, just very elderly and is ready ) She prays, and asks me yesterday ‘ why does the Lord not hear me ‘. It raises the whole question of ‘ why ‘. All I could say was ‘ He does hear you, but obviously you still have a purpose here ‘.
The whole issue of life / death and timing has so many questions. I remember considering it all when Amy’s husband suddenly died earlier in the year.
The truth is that we simply don’t understand it all because we have limited vision on how events/ people/ intertwine within the much bigger picture that only The Lord sees unfolding. One tragedy unfolds and others are brought into that story, which ultimately has other ripples. How people react and respond makes other ripples ....... all intertwined and perpetuating. We don’t see all the ripples, but we have to trust in the one who does xxxx
Rita

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Nancy
It is so hard watching others experience sudden loss, and often as not it simply doesn’t make sense to us. There is a lady at work and she just simply doesn’t want to be alive anymore ( not suicidal, just very elderly and is ready ) She prays, and asks me yesterday ‘ why does the Lord not hear me ‘. It raises the whole question of ‘ why ‘. All I could say was ‘ He does hear you, but obviously you still have a purpose here ‘.
The whole issue of life / death and timing has so many questions. I remember considering it all when Amy’s husband suddenly died earlier in the year.
The truth is that we simply don’t understand it all because we have limited vision on how events/ people/ intertwine within the much bigger picture that only The Lord sees unfolding. One tragedy unfolds and others are brought into that story, which ultimately has other ripples. How people react and respond makes other ripples ....... all intertwined and perpetuating. We don’t see all the ripples, but we have to trust in the one who does xxxx
Rita
@Barbara The Lord doesn't ask us to know why; He lovingly asks us to trust, Proverbs 3.5,6.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy
Rita

Hi Rita,
"'why does the Lord not hear me ‘. It raises the whole question of ‘ why ‘. All I could say was ‘ He does hear you, but obviously you still have a purpose here ‘."

This, I've heard too many times when working in the hospital, "Why doesn't God just take me" "What is the point" . And, how sad it is and how insufficient our platitudes can seem, especially with my friend in the nursing home...she will go on and on about it, gets angry and snappish about it too.

"The whole issue of life / death and timing has so many questions."

Oh boy does it ever! Timing sometimes, as many of you on here know first hand, can knock us to the ground, hard and fast. You're whole life can change in an instant!

John 14:5
"A person's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed."

"We don’t see all the ripples, but we have to trust in the one who does xxxx"

Oh the ripples are endless and, we will never see how far reaching. But as you say sister, we trust the One who does. Everything boils down to faith and trust it seems.
Nite!
xxx