Prayers needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never told her to come off her meds. Go re read what I posted. For everyone that accepts anti depressants and anti psychotics as a life time choice is absolutely crazy. Go ask you doctor, there not supposed to be for long term use because they stuff your brain. That is truth and fact.

In most people's cases (not all) they can change their lifestyle and get off the darn things. Wouldn't you want that for her? That's all I was offering. A bit of hope because the medication onto of being toxic is also giving her weight problems.

I'll say it again. I never told her to stop taking them. Read my post properly before throwing crap at me. It's rude.
You have misunderstood my reason for posting about this, by even suggesting that meds Should only be for a period of time is suggesting that eventually a person should come off meds. I know that you were not telling her to come off her meds now.
I understand your concern for this member , and as I said originally in my first post, you have a wonderful testimony. However based on experience the outcome for one person may not be the outcome for another, hence why I gave the other examples. It’s to add a bit of balance, it doesn’t negate anything you have said.

I sadly have no power to be involved with my sister in laws medical care - never have. I hate the illness and the life it has given her. I cry for her , she was only 7 when I married her older brother.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should post this as it appears that I'm reading some confusion about the different disorders: There is a huge difference between depression and anxiety and schizophrenia. People who have depression and anxiety can often find relief from counseling and sometimes require to be medicated for a time. It is not advised that schizophrenics should come off their meds.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have misunderstood my reason for posting about this, by even suggesting that meds Should only be for a period of time is suggesting that eventually a person should come off meds. I know that you were not telling her to come off her meds now.
I understand your concern for this member , and as I said originally in my first post, you have a wonderful testimony. However based on experience the outcome for one person may not be the outcome for another, hence why I gave the other examples. It’s to add a bit of balance, it doesn’t negate anything you have said.

I sadly have no power to be involved with my sister in laws medical care - never have. I hate the illness and the life it has given her. I cry for her , she was only 7 when I married her older brother.

Do you know they a curing these diseases with diet alone? The problem is people are to lazy and ignorant to investigate their own situation. They would rather whole heartedly accept what the doctors and pharmaceuticals tell them is best. These days doctors are just golems, they regurgitate their indoctrinated information the pharmaceutical companies feed them.

These medications are extremely extremely bad for your brain. That is a known fact. Unfortunately people have to take them to bring themself out of a current state. But there is ALWAYS a causal factor to the condition that is nearly always over looked. And that's what I'm trying to explain. There are two options. Accept it, stay ignorant and do nothing. Or try your hardest to heal yourself in a natural way so that you can one day get off them.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I should post this as it appears that I'm reading some confusion about the different disorders: There is a huge difference between depression and anxiety and schizophrenia. People who have depression and anxiety can often find relief from counseling and sometimes require to be medicated for a time. It is not advised that schizophrenics should come off their meds.
They are reducing the symptoms of schizophrenia with diet to the point where medication is not needed. Have been for a long time. The reason people don't know about it is because the pharmaceutical companies suppress it. There are other options but it requires effort most people aren't willing to take.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are reducing the symptoms of schizophrenia with diet to the point where medication is not needed. Have been for a long time. The reason people don't know about it is because the pharmaceutical companies suppress it. There are other options but it requires effort most people aren't willing to take.
Perhaps posting some internet references to support those ideas is appropriate.

Medicine is something that has evolved over thousands of years and had to be recorded so that the same mistakes are not repeated. Mistakes are made in medicine which harm the patients thru out the thousands of years. And doctors learn from history and are taught proper medicine at Universities so that they are providing the best and most advanced care possible to the patients. Also so they are not causing more of the problem.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know they a curing these diseases with diet alone? The problem is people are to lazy and ignorant to investigate their own situation. They would rather whole heartedly accept what the doctors and pharmaceuticals tell them is best. These days doctors are just golems, they regurgitate their indoctrinated information the pharmaceutical companies feed them.

These medications are extremely extremely bad for your brain. That is a known fact. Unfortunately people have to take them to bring themself out of a current state. But there is ALWAYS a causal factor to the condition that is nearly always over looked. And that's what I'm trying to explain. There are two options. Accept it, stay ignorant and do nothing. Or try your hardest to heal yourself in a natural way so that you can one day get off them.
Not sure it is always down to laziness, sometimes it is down to lack of knowledge or awareness. If you consider that my sister in law was diagnosed over 30 years ago when you literally were very limited. Now with the advance of social media and a wider awareness of how food , exercise, and counselling, can play a major part with so many things. You reached a point where you chose to find another way out, but it’s not always easy for people to reach that point.
My son reached that point but sadly even with a healthier diet, exercise and counselling his mental health spiralled. He was able to give up one of his meds and never had to go back on to it, so there were still positives

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure it is always down to laziness, sometimes it is down to lack of knowledge or awareness. If you consider that my sister in law was diagnosed over 30 years ago when you literally were very limited. Now with the advance of social media and a wider awareness of how food , exercise, and counselling, can play a major part with so many things. You reached a point where you chose to find another way out, but it’s not always easy for people to reach that point.
My son reached that point but sadly even with a healthier diet, exercise and counselling his mental health spiralled. He was able to give up one of his meds and never had to go back on to it, so there were still positives

I'm down from 8 meds to 1 and when I exercise more than usual I don't even need the 1 but it was very hard work and had to be done with the oversight of my doctor.

It is so important to actively enlist God's help because the usually well-meaning voices of health advice seem to pull folks in every direction imaginable.

And for this (understandable) reason not every doctor cares to cooperate.

I believe God wants everyone to be as healthy as possible under our individual circumstances but I think He also requires that we acknowledge Him as the true source of good health before He will bless us to the fullest extent that is in accordance with His will. :)

:hearteyes:

Reactions: Rita