Predetermined universe

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hies

Aug 6, 2023
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Everything points to the universe being predetermined
And since God knows everything we'll do, and has planned works for us in advance, fate and destiny do exist

So a natural question is why didn't God tell Adam and Eve about the serpent if he knew they would be deceived and choose to rebel?
Why did he only say "don't eat from the tree" instead?
And it's because he wants us to have free will, but also the ability to choose the correct or wrong path, while at the same time only allowing those who truly honor him and his words to receive his blessing in what they do
If you kick a ball, God already knows where it will land, but it was still your choice to kick it where you wanted to
In the same way, God only told Adam and Eve what they needed to know to stay on the right path, and it was up to them to value his words, or not
They should have listened to God only, even if it didn't appear to make much sense to them at first
So this means we need to trust him and know that he is the Lord
That he knows things we don't, exactly like he has said, if we want to stay on the right path
We need to value his words enough to understand why he wants us to do something, or not to do something
Adam and Eve should have loved and feared God enough to say "but God has told me not to, and I only listen to him and nothing else"

People still get to choose what they want to do, but it all works in God's favor ultimately
And with this knowledge you get to choose to be with him, or continue a life of sin and reap destruction
It's a choice we've always had, but one only Christ could make known to us

Thus you will know that I am the Lord; for you have not walked in My statutes nor have you executed My ordinances, but have acted according to the ordinances of the nations around you. - Ezekiel 11:12